Has anyone ever met Izzy? Please share your experience.

9 hours ago, Ama said:

I know of a guy who met him back in 2006. He also met the whole band in 2010, even Axl.

The story about Izzy is quite surreal!!

He was going to the show of Bilbao (Spain) in 2006, and while he was on the train to get there he readed an article in the newspapper talking about the GNR's show. It mentioned the hotel where the band was staying so he went there to have some drinks and see if he could take some photos with someone. He saw everyone but Axl (who was in a different hotel).

In the lobby he asked a photo to Izzy and talked with him for a while, he told me that Izzy was very friendly and they were talking about the city etc.

After, this same day, this guy was walking around the city and saw again Izzy, walking alone (Bilbao is not a big city). Izzy remembered him and told him he was looking for A MIRROR AND SOME SPECIAL SCISSORS, but he couldn't find them as he did not speak Spanish and the people couldn't understand him either. So, my friend told him to help him and he went around the city looking for these scissors, as Izzy's translator. They were talking about music and Spain as Izzy had gone several times in holidays (I don't remeber the city but it was somewhere near Barcelona). They went to several shops and only bought the mirror, not the scissors, also they tried in some barbershops but they couldn't make it. He asked Izzy if he wanted to get his hair cut but he answered that he wanted to do it himself.

I know it all sounds strange, but it's the way it happened.

Interesting izzy is a Edward scissors hands lol🤔😅

9 hours ago, Tori72 said:

That’s them on a pic. They’re doing the scissors sign. ;)

45287265_10156410218958283_9063035813863

And another one

46064624_10156429752868283_7817659932710

Very cool

10 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

I'm not surprised Izzy recognized him...." oh look there's that guy in the ninja outfit i met earlier he'll know where to find some scissors"

Haha good one

I tried to look more like Robin than a ninja

Edited by Finck2006
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

How did you react?

Oh yeah no I gave him a cigarette and didn’t know who he was until 3 years later. I guess he was in the shop to buy an instrument, I was there to steal a guitar to sell for heroin. Good times.  

• GNFNR 1

21 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Thank you. So it’s the orange jacket pic, I know it. :D It has been shared on the interwebs a lot, only with the fan cropped out :) 

How dare they! 😂

This was after the first London o2 gig in 2012. He was jet lagged but very nice. No idea who his girlfriend was but she was also nice. Also met Axl who was with Sacha at the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, reayj2003 said:

How dare they! 😂

This was after the first London o2 gig in 2012. He was jet lagged but very nice. No idea who his girlfriend was but she was also nice. Also met Axl who was with Sacha at the time.

Was his girlfriend french by any chance? (Just a little theory of mine, I need it confirmed. lol)

1 hour ago, reayj2003 said:

How dare they! 😂

I wonder if Izzy has any uneasiness when he flies considering that one of the worst things that has happened to him occurred on a plane. Probably makes sure he has an aisle seat, just in case.

19 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I wonder if Izzy has any uneasiness when he flies considering that one of the worst things that has happened to him occurred on a plane. Probably makes sure he has an aisle seat, just in case.

I'd say worst thing (from Izzy's POV) happened after the flight...when he was arrested. While on a plane he was just acting like an ass. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I'd say worst thing (from Izzy's POV) happened after the flight...when he was arrested. While on a plane he was just acting like an ass. 

I'm sure that you're right, he had to be freaked out. Wasn't the FBI involved when he was taken into custody? I remember reading that he told the person who was questioning him that he   was from Boise, Idaho😄. Sorry I've taken the thread a bit off here.

3 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I'm sure that you're right, he had to be freaked out. Wasn't the FBI involved when he was taken into custody? I remember reading that he told the person who was questioning him that he   was from Boise, Idaho😄. Sorry I've taken the thread a bit off here.

He did? He dared to lie to an FBI agent? lol I read it was FBI because the piss incident happened during the flight so no particular state police was involved. 

21 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

He did? He dared to lie to an FBI agent? lol I read it was FBI because the piss incident happened during the flight so no particular state police was involved. 

FBI = Federal Bureau of (piss) Incidents. 

There were several people waiting for him on airport... a guy who's skin and bones and got decked by Vince Neil who's like three feet tall. I guess they didn't want to take any risks. 

But the best part is a statement from Geffen Records publicist Bryn Bridenthal: Stradlin was angry at having to wait to use the plane’s restroom and ″relieving himself in the galley was just his way of expressing himself.″:lol:  

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Haha 2