Has anyone ever met Izzy? Please share your experience.

25 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

izzy would be the only interesting band member of them all to meet and chat with 

he's got all his integrity and has not compromised himself nor his talents 

his songwriting and thoughts behind the gems his written would be great to hear 

Yeah agreed he most have awesome story's to tell .maybe one day he will  come out with a book or at least do a some what candid interview..

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Johnny Nightrain said:

I’ve mentioned this before, but back when I worked in Lafayette, I became friends with Izzy’s mom. I haven’t seen her in over six years (I hope she’s doing well), but she was super-nice. She would tell me things that, I guess, could be considered “inside info,” like when Izzy went to Europe to play those shows with Axl... I knew about it a few days beforehand. Of course, I would never violate her trust and tell anyone, but I did feel “cool” for getting to hear things like that. Really, she was just a mom excited to talk about her son. It was also fun to talk with her about which GN’R autobiographies we had read (for the record, she liked Slash’s and Duff’s books, but hadn’t read Steven’s at the time). Due to being a massive fan for so many years, it did teeter on being surreal, but people are people, celebrities or not, and they have families.  

Anyway, if I hadn’t moved away, perhaps I would have eventually met him, as he did, and probably still does, spend time in Lafayette. 

great story. How long time ago was it? How much Izzy is similar to his mom?

Edited by Politania

16 hours ago, Johnny Nightrain said:

I’ve mentioned this before, but back when I worked in Lafayette, I became friends with Izzy’s mom. I haven’t seen her in over six years (I hope she’s doing well), but she was super-nice. She would tell me things that, I guess, could be considered “inside info,” like when Izzy went to Europe to play those shows with Axl... I knew about it a few days beforehand. Of course, I would never violate her trust and tell anyone, but I did feel “cool” for getting to hear things like that. Really, she was just a mom excited to talk about her son. It was also fun to talk with her about which GN’R autobiographies we had read (for the record, she liked Slash’s and Duff’s books, but hadn’t read Steven’s at the time). Due to being a massive fan for so many years, it did teeter on being surreal, but people are people, celebrities or not, and they have families.  

Anyway, if I hadn’t moved away, perhaps I would have eventually met him, as he did, and probably still does, spend time in Lafayette. 

Now these are the kind of stories I want to hear when I posted this topic disscussion...any childhood stories about izzy and axl from her?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, craiggunslover said:

Now these are the kind of stories I want to hear when I posted this topic disscussion...any childhood stories about izzy and axl from her?

Not really any childhood stories, but she would tell me mundane things, that I found fascinating just by the nature of the people involved, like "Oh, I got Axl a shirt that says 'Here Comes Treble' for Christmas." Like, whoa... I know what Axl got for Christmas! Ha.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, iftheworld said:

Well yea Ive met him in the most hilarious way. I sold him a drone at Best Buy in Lafayette Indiana two years ago. I was walking around the isles and stopped at a computer to check my sales that day when a man walked up to me and asked if I have seen keys laying around because he misplaced them. I said "no". I asked him if he'd like me to announce if anyone saw any keys and he said "no" and started walking away. I instantly knew who he was and I respected why he didn't want anyone involved so I kept who he was quiet. He walked outside to his Mercedes Van and got out his two dogs which if I recall correctly were German Shepherds and smoked a cigarette.

A few minutes later he walked back in and bought a Phantom drone off of me for a little over one grand and I believe he also bought a tablet and a PC from my buddy in the PC department. This dude was awesome and very quiet. He must have found his keys though.

Thanks for telling this story! It is hilarious. The drone of Izzy Stradlin, I remember that. Can’t remember how fans learned of his drone though. lol

He is still smoking? I’m shocked (not really). I thought he was a health nut. ;) 

1 hour ago, iftheworld said:

Well yea Ive met him in the most hilarious way. I sold him a drone at Best Buy in Lafayette Indiana two years ago. I was walking around the isles and stopped at a computer to check my sales that day when a man walked up to me and asked if I have seen keys laying around because he misplaced them. I said "no". I asked him if he'd like me to announce if anyone saw any keys and he said "no" and started walking away. I instantly knew who he was and I respected why he didn't want anyone involved so I kept who he was quiet. He walked outside to his Mercedes Van and got out his two dogs which if I recall correctly were German Shepherds and smoked a cigarette.

A few minutes later he walked back in and bought a Phantom drone off of me for a little over one grand and I believe he also bought a tablet and a PC from my buddy in the PC department. This dude was awesome and very quiet. He must have found his keys though.

Ha ha, the dogs. His mom told me he was asked to leave the Meijer on 26 because he brought his dogs in. If that was two years ago, looks likes he’s still been spending time there. I left in 2012 and he had spent most of the summer there. I want to be respectful of someone’s privacy, so I won’t get too specific, but he was definitely hanging out at a certain restaurant that summer. 

Edited by Johnny Nightrain

On 1/9/2019 at 6:02 PM, Johnny Nightrain said:

Not really any childhood stories, but she would tell me mundane things, that I found fascinating just by the nature of the people involved, like "Oh, I got Axl a shirt that says 'Here Comes Treble' for Christmas." Like, whoa... I know what Axl got for Christmas! Ha.

What a sick Acapella group. 

Image result for here comes treble

• Haha 1