Is Rock in Río 2011 the worst concert of Guns n' Roses?

AxlShadows

I Would like to know your opinions about this concert and know if beliebe that RIR 2011 is the worst concert of guns n roses

- Fat and tired axl rose

- Horrible voice and not rasp

- Disaster guitar cover of Welcome to the jungle

- Axl forgott the lyrics in november rain

1 year before axl singing amazing and good shape

What happen?

20LV_20111003_LV_FOTOS_D_54225845703-992x511

Edited by AxlShadows
Error

With that raincoat he looks like a banana in a rainstorm, so yeah based on that alone I would say it is bottom tier lol

I remember watching the live stream and getting excited during the first few notes of Estranged though, that was a cool moment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The tale of the yellow jacket?

Crowe was discussing his new Showtime series, Roadies, in the interview when he was asked to recount the best roadie story he’d heard. What he revealed is a tale that has become so infamous amongst band crews, that it’s actually become part of their lingo.

Apparently, Crowe overheard some roadies talking about “yellow-jacketing,” and inquired what that meant. “They said, ‘There was a guy that worked with Guns N' Roses, and there was a show and Axl Rose needed a yellow jacket that he’d left in England before he would perform. So a roadie was given the job to get on a plane as fast as possible, go to London, find Axl Rose’s yellow jacket, and come back so he could play the show.'”

Yes, Axl Rose once sent a crew member to a different country just to pick up a specific yellow jacket — but that’s not even why Cameron remembers the story so well. “The best part about that story is not that somebody had to go get a yellow jacket for Axl Rose,” he continued, “but that it became such lore among other roadies that it became a verb — to yellow-jacket.”

https://consequenceofsound.net/2016/07/axl-rose-yellow-jacket-story-is-the-stuff-of-roadie-legend/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I reckon the worst part of the show was System of a Down before that. They played 29 fucking songs on the stream before Guns played and were still playing when Gun's were supposed to start before the rain flooded the stage.

All 29 generic rubbish songs that sounded exactly the same.

One positive about the show though. Axl seemed genuinely surprised when the crowd audibly started singing This I Love and suddenly his mood and performance improved from the disaster at the start.

20 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Reconozco que la peor parte del espectáculo fue System of a Down antes de eso. Tocaron 29 putas canciones en la corriente antes de que jugaran Guns y todavía estaban tocando cuando se suponía que las de Gun comenzaban antes de que la lluvia inundara el escenario.

Las 29 canciones de basura genéricas que sonaban exactamente iguales.

Un positivo sobre el espectáculo sin embargo. Axl pareció genuinamente sorprendido cuando la multitud comenzó a cantar de forma audible This I Love y, de repente, su estado de ánimo y su rendimiento mejoraron desde el comienzo.

The voice of serj takian its terrible

And axl looks like sad in patience

it's said that that song came to nostalgia and that's why it looks sad

Rock In Rio 2017 is far worse vocally.

As someone else has said, it gets a pass because of Slash and Duff being in the band.

Bridge School 2012 and Golden Gods 2014 are pretty terrible too.

With that being said, there were shows in the 90s that I never listen to because Axl's voice is way to hoarse/raspy.

Rio 2011 was horrible but at least had the return of Estranged and it sounded pretty good

Bridge School is the worst set of Guns N Roses shows ever. They could have been so cool. Not only did Axl not bother to play mainly songs better suited for acoustics and have different arrangements of the songs, he sounded horrible

A) The yellow jacket is iconic.

B) Have you heard RiR 2017? Revenge of the Mickey.

C) For some reason, GN'R shows at RiR usually have shitty mixing anyway (maybe Axl did something to piss off the Rio sound guy in the 90s? We'll never know).

...But yeah, I've got one of the bootleg CDs of that show (I have a problem and need help), and Axl sounds like ass.

17 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

It gets a lot of hate but I don't think it was that bad. The live debut of Estranged is still one of their best versions since the 90s. There are some cringy moments like Bumble fucking up the WTTJ solo because of that stupid Star Wars helmet, but there are worst shows. It's shocking because he sounded like vintage Axl in 2010, so the change was very noticeable. I honestly believe that Rock In Rio 2017 has FAR worse vocals by Axl... It only gets a pass because Slash and Duff are there.

RIR 2017, Berlin 2018 and Bridge School 2012 are his worst shows yet.

I don't know man.. but I rewatched WTTJ from RIR 2011 and 2017 and yeah 2017 is weak and all but.. 2011 is just a cringe worthy parody... He lookz like clown there sounds thinner than in 2017 + this solo.. It's just embarassing to watch IMO 2017 one is way more enjoyable

• Thanks 1

Axl sounds miles better at Rio ‘11 than he does now. A stronger clean voice. Less falsetto. Comparable to some of the songs today, there was more rasp and more control over his voice. Listen to Better and You Could Be Mine from this show and honestly tell me ‘18 is better.

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Axl sounds miles better at Rio ‘11 than he does now. A stronger clean voice. Less falsetto. Comparable to some of the songs today, there was more rasp and more control over his voice. Listen to Better and You Could Be Mine from this show and honestly tell me ‘18 is better.

I honestly tell you 18 is better.

• Thanks 1

On 18.11.2018 at 6:09 PM, AxlRoseCDII said:

I listened to Better and YCBM from this show. Better was ridiculous. He is out of breath and can't hold high notes in the bridge.

More control? I don't think so his voice was all over the place.

Listen to Chinese Democracy and Jungle now. It's way better than from this RIR. And he looks a lot better now and even moves better. So overall, I honestly tell you 2018 is better

Way better than RIR 2011

Edited by sl4yer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1