Am I the only one? PCD (Post-Concert Depression) Anyone?

Axwan

So I told my friend my heart felt a bit heavy after the concert. I couldn't explain why. Probably because I still couldn't believe it happened in  my country after long years of waiting. It was like a miracle to me. I actually did an act of kindness to someone before my best friend linked me to the post that says GNR would have a concert in my country, so I thought to myself, maybe it's God's way of blessing me for that "act of kindness." 

Anyway, my best friend said I'm suffering from PDC and I googled it and found an article that says it has some phases such as Euphoria, Reflection, Realization, and so on....and right now I guess I'm in the realization stage. :axl92::slash: Have you experienced the same? Am I the only one? :lol:

Edited by Axwan
I felt like the word is more appropriate.

18 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I had that feeling after the Milwaukee show last November. It was an amazing show but I knew that was the last time I'd be seeing the band for a while. 

I also feel the same way when I finish watching Friends. That last scene hits hard every time 

Oh, that's the saddest part, when the concert was over :wacko: I am a fan of Friends too. There was a time I got addicted, I would repeat watching on Youtube. I'm an avid fan of Rachel and Ross. "Ross" makes me laugh out loud.

• GNFNR 1

On 11/18/2018 at 8:46 AM, Oldest Goat said:

I know the feeling. What country are you from?

Yes, I'm from the Philippines. During the concert, I was like "wow, I feel like they are singing quite a lot of songs like never ending and Axl looked happy and enjoying  :lol: but the moment it was the last song I was like waaaaah why didn't I buy the platinum, I want to see them closer. So after the show, I was like, omg I want to cry, I feel like I'm connected with them "related by blood" that I really need to talk to them lol. That's a crazy feeling that I probably got for joining forums "like this" since I felt like it's a big part of me lol.:lol: Really crazy ^-^ Will W. Axl Rose come back to this forum again in December and greet us all a "Merry Christmas"? Oh man, that will feel so good!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EricA said:

Oh yes me too, it's awful, except you have dear friends ( @Natty) "suffering" together with you, that makes it more bearable;)

Oh yeah...post concert depression is terrible! One day you had adventure, maybe travelling to the location, concert or even some personal experience with the band and then you go back to your normal life and have no idea if and when you see them again. you look at the photos you made and talk about your experience with your friend who was there with you... you share memories and photos while you still can t believe that the rock n roll world has moved away from you and you were allowed to stay there only 1 day..

P.S thanks @EricA for being there for me not only for GNR post concert depression 😉

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/18/2018 at 6:07 PM, Axwan said:

Oh, that's the saddest part, when the concert was over :wacko: I am a fan of Friends too. There was a time I got addicted, I would repeat watching on Youtube. I'm an avid fan of Rachel and Ross. "Ross" makes me laugh out loud.

I love Ross- reminds me of my brother a bit. I can watch the rerun over and over, they never get old for me!

• Like 1

True I normally have to travel to shows so getting back almost always wiped out any memory of the show. Like after the Stones in

the 90s I slept at the bus station til 6am to get the bus back. By the time I got back I was ready to out again. I never really thought about if it was a good show. I liked the opening of the show with dragon breathing fire to Not Fade Away. Sympathy for the Devil was awesome. I remembered that they played a lot hits in the encore. 

It’s only recently that I checked the setlist for that show at Wembley. Voodoo Lounge tour mid 90s. 

• Like 1

I can relate to that, have a similar issue.  Anytime we are really really excited about something, looking forward to it for weeks, months or years it's natural to get smacked in the face with the reality that it's over.  I get that on the last day or so of a long planned vacation.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, DeadSlash said:

I can relate to that, have a similar issue.  Anytime we are really really excited about something, looking forward to it for weeks, months or years it's natural to get smacked in the face with the reality that it's over.

See this is where I think the issue is, making too big a thing of it, really and truly, before we made deities of fuckin' musicians, going to see a musical show was more like a 'whats on next week?  Oh, I'll go see 'x' ' kinda thing.  Whereas to a certain generation (and this might be becoming less of a thing) its like 'OMG THE FABULOUS SUCH N SUCH IS COMING TO TOWN THIS SPRING!' and its like a thing on your calendar that you wait and wait and wait for. 

Also the amount you lay out for a gig these days makes a bigger thing of it.  If you drop two quid to see The Four Finger Discounts down the local pub or whatever then expectations are low but if you've laid out 500 sheets plus train fare plus a baby sitter plus drinks plus half a gram then like, y'know, no musical performance is gonna live up. 

• Haha 1

This has never happened to me, post-concert depression that is, but the post (cricket) season blues, as of right now, is horrific, extenuated by the weather being crud - televised winter tours cannot compensate. I cannot believe in July I was sitting for four days at Cheltenham Fest, a quintessential ''English scene'' unchanged since WG Grace was batting, drinking real ales whilst watching county cricket. Now its the North East. It is raining. It is dreary. It is cold. The sport is not very interesting. Next season (April) seems decades away. It is crap.

23 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Yes, very often but its often related to the various substances I've ingested beforehand.  Now I look back I don't think I've ever been sober at a gig.

Nor me. I just can't do it (be sober and attend a show). 

• Sad 1

Ive never felt like this except like the others say if I've overdid it. If I'm honest most of the time at a gig once im over the novelty of "this is cool they are doing the songs i like but with their normal voices" I get a bit bored. 

When I read that bands reward their fans by doing a 60 minute encore I think thank fuck I wasn't there. 3 hours listening to the same band in an arena with 5000 sounds like my living nightmare.

Queuing to have a drink, have a piss, get in, get out fuck that.

12 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Ive never felt like this except like the others say if I've overdid it. If I'm honest most of the time at a gig once im over the novelty of "this is cool they are doing the songs i like but with their normal voices" I get a bit bored. 

When I read that bands reward their fans by doing a 60 minute encore I think thank fuck I wasn't there. 3 hours listening to the same band in an arena with 5000 sounds like my living nightmare.

Queuing to have a drink, have a piss, get in, get out fuck that.

See this is exactly what punk was on about.  Short, sharp, say your piece then fuck off out of it, no one wants to be poncing about for three hours listening to yous tune your fuckin' guitars.  Worst gig I ever fuckin' went to was fuckin' Guns n Roses for this very reason, they don't half fuckin' go on.  Thats not counting the fuckin' two hour wait before the ginger twat actually showed his face.  Then take a band like PiL in comparison, you always got some mental opening band like The Selector or whatever then 20 mins after em on come PiL, you get 40 to 50 mins then off home having been blown away.  And none of this fannying about doing solos to the amp and fuckin' boring jams, fuckin' face front, play to your audience, tear through it, make an impression.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

See this is exactly what punk was on about.  Short, sharp, say your piece then fuck off out of it, no one wants to be poncing about for three hours listening to yous tune your fuckin' guitars.  Worst gig I ever fuckin' went to was fuckin' Guns n Roses for this very reason, they don't half fuckin' go on.  Thats not counting the fuckin' two hour wait before the ginger twat actually showed his face.  Then take a band like PiL in comparison, you always got some mental opening band like The Selector or whatever then 20 mins after em on come PiL, you get 40 to 50 mins then off home having been blown away.  And none of this fannying about doing solos to the amp and fuckin' boring jams, fuckin' face front, play to your audience, tear through it, make an impression.

I saw Red Hot Chilli Peppers at Millenium Stadium years ago because James Brown was supporting them. At one point during chilli peppers they did a 10 minute bass guitar solo I shit you not. Then followed guitar solos, drum solos, at one point during all this wanking each other off the singer, (on stage now mind with 70000 punters bored shitless) phoned his mate back in America!! held up the phone so he could hear it all. A load of fucking bollocks and James Brown wasn't much better as it was just before he died so they basically wheeled him out, propped him up played a backing track and fucked off.

5 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I saw Red Hot Chilli Peppers at Millenium Stadium years ago because James Brown was supporting them. At one point during chilli peppers they did a 10 minute bass guitar solo I shit you not. Then followed guitar solos, drum solos, at one point during all this wanking each other off the singer, (on stage now mind with 70000 punters bored shitless) phoned his mate back in America!! held up the phone so he could hear it all. A load of fucking bollocks and James Brown wasn't much better as it was just before he died so they basically wheeled him out, propped him up played a backing track and fucked off.

Still would have loved to have seen the godfather even though he was knackered by then. Absolute legend. Supporting the Chilli Peppers!! They should be supporting him!