2006 IRS, TWAT, CITR Demos - CD Source and questions

Hey all,

Quick question. The source of the original I.R.S. TWAT and CITR leaks from 2006 was apparently from a cd obtained back in 2004 from when Axl was playing the songs in clubs and elsewhere, then played them at a vegas strip club. Apparently the DJ made a copy and gave it to two forum members (via the dj's dad?) to "wes" and "mike", who then leaked them online. Is this accurate? Also, are those users active? It amazes me that after all this time we only have the low bit-rate quality rips instead of cd quality ones seeing as this was clearly sourced from a cd with studio quality mixdowns. Am I just not "in the know" on this one? Are 320kbps or WAV rips of those demos? Has anyone tried to get better rips from the original sources ("wes" and "mike")? Any info would be appreciated. 

This is somewhat related to the topic but does anyone have the 'IRS #2' from 2006? It's 4:07 and kinda sounds like a 99-06 hybrid. Might have even been a fan-made version? I can't extract it from my ipod and I seem to have lost it on my computer... I'm not asking for a link just wondering what people think of that version :ph34r:

That period between Jan-May 2006 was a surreal time to be a fan and be on the boards. Rumors about the album coming out, a reunion (lol), Slash showing up to Axl’s house, who the new guitarist was gonna be, the LEAKS, the NYC warmups + Trunk interview, Axl finally appearing in public and talking about the songs. 

I miss this era and the actual possibility of new music was just on the horizon.

More on topic though, it’d be more interesting to find out the deal about that DJ Razz leaking a clip of “Jackie Chan”. How the hell did he come across it?

• Like 1

My recollection of the events of the night are a bit of a blur but Wes did not know much about ripping CDs and I helped him the best way i could.  He came on the forums and said he had music and nobody believed him so i messaged him and we started talking on yahoo messenger. The CD he had had IRS, TWAT and better plus instrumentals of the same songs.

• Like 2

On 11/22/2018 at 4:15 AM, saint_seiya said:

My recollection of the events of the night are a bit of a blur but Wes did not know much about ripping CDs and I helped him the best way i could.  He came on the forums and said he had music and nobody believed him so i messaged him and we started talking on yahoo messenger. The CD he had had IRS, TWAT and better plus instrumentals of the same songs.

Did anyone ever try to get newer higher quality rips from him?

On 11/23/2018 at 3:01 PM, gnrfan05 said:

Did anyone ever try to get newer higher quality rips from him?

I dont think so. It was all so weird because I remember that Better had been announced as a new song a few weeks before the Wes leaks and then a few weeks after I helped him leak IRS the 2006 tour was announced and Axl came here and did a Q&A .

Edited by saint_seiya