Axl Political Social Media Post Discussion Thread

I don't see the pic of the cat.                                    Edit.  I went to his Twitter page. Pretty cat.  stripes all around his body. .Beautiful markings. The Slash cat was pretty. All smoke grey.

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1

On 9.07.2020 at 10:50 PM, lame ass security said:

Gotta ask, who are the other two? I'll hazard a guess, Rob Trujillo and not Duff.😄

Of course Duff's one of them. The best bass tone in rock n roll history. The third one is John Wetton. He was a huge part of my favorite King Crimson incarnation.

• Like 1

He can and will comment . Free country. In concert, no. People of his fans dont pay for that and he does not in concert. His social media, well do not look. Personally, I could look at Dijon the cat doing funny things. I think Trump is awful so I agree with Axl. It makes me laugh of how one can change and grow. He and Izzy too have traveled the world and USA  uncountable times. Exposure  to cultures and the guys socio- econ status has changed them. They are a perfect example of how environments can change people. If they had stayed in their very White, small, sheltered town, Republican town, Bill Baily and Jeffrey  would be at Trump Rallys ,all in MAGA gear and crap. I bet their siblings / parents and people they knew there are all Trump diehards.

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, avahland said:

Stage is not a part of that free country ?

I am anti entertainer and sports figures etc teling the masses how to vote,  save the planet, and telling what to eat with their PETA pushing a stupid agenda. Yes Axl can talk  politics on his social media AND at his concerts. Free country. U2 does it.  Thing is ,an entertainer has people from all walks of life at a concert who all pay and want a night out to be entertained. So Entertain. If on CNN, Fox, then talk politics. Different audiences at different times. I don't shoot the shyt with my director and colleagues . I shoot the shyt, say all kinds of crazy, I get stupid talking  to fam n friends. Diff audience

3 hours ago, Amaya said:

I am anti entertainer and sports figures etc teling the masses how to vote,  save the planet, and telling what to eat with their PETA pushing a stupid agenda. Yes Axl can talk  politics on his social media AND at his concerts. Free country. U2 does it.  Thing is ,an entertainer has people from all walks of life at a concert who all pay and want a night out to be entertained. So Entertain. If on CNN, Fox, then talk politics. Different audiences at different times. I don't shoot the shyt with my director and colleagues . I shoot the shyt, say all kinds of crazy, I get stupid talking  to fam n friends. Diff audience

Long live Peta and all ppl who wants to change this fkn shit.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Amaya said:

Then listen to a CD without rants.... buy a beer while he is ranting....or don't go to his concerts if you don't want to take the risk.
It's a free country.

5 hours ago, Amaya said:

I agree about different situations and audiences. 

Im stuck on the issue of who is an entertainer and who is an artist? To me there is a distinction, but to others maybe there isnt a difference? From my perspective, any artist worth their salt will naturally be engaged in politics and social issues. Whereas yeah, an entertainer is there to let us escape from politics and economic pressures (again thats in my own personal view of things).

So then, if I view Axl Rose as an artist then I anticipate he might speak about the world that he is reflecting back to us in his art. So I guess what Im saying is, do we look to Axl as an artist or as an entertainer?

Free country. I dont like hypocritcal celebs dictating to me how to live my life. I like meat.  I would buy a fur coat. You throw  paint on my coat, that is fine. Meet my gun. I believe in the ethical treatment of animals. No other way to explain that. SusanMcKagen boobs and plastic surgeey maintenance  was experienced  on lab animals first ,but she her hubby did their PETA campaign. Free country. I do not like PETA. Now you have a White  prince of The UK , Harry, who never experienced  racism or lived in The USA  and who has said and did racists things now trying to be woke with BLM and he is  critical  of the BritRoyalFamily, his,  while he is living off their money. What joke.    I do not like Trump but some people do. Axl has a right to speak same as anyone. I still think  at his concert audience.....ehhhh.  BTW, I am a Black American  woman.

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

@soon. Good point about artist vs. entertainer.  I can understand  that about your post. On the topic ,for example, GnR new cd if, when they do it. I have posted I think new songs would be about  time, relationships, parenting,you know deep reflective things of life, love songs, yes political references even, but still exciting and rockin songs ,lol.

They are middle aged  adult men and cannot do Rocket Queens,WTTJungle parts 2.  As what you said, well I think they would fall under  artists more than just entertainers.                                                        My point , for example, in my post too, although a free country,  my fav sports athlete,  Drew Brees,  voiced his opinion and right about himself and what  he wants to do for himself and between the death threats and calls for him to resign, he was like public enemy number one for a week in the media. His wife even had to apologize. That is what I mean about free country,  but right now ,these  times, maybe just play sports and sing, dance, act. Whatever you do or say depends on the person and place and audience.

Edited by Amaya
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Amaya said:

Free country. I dont like hypocritcal celebs dictating to me how to live my life. I like meat.  I would buy a fur coat. You throw  paint on my coat, that is fine. Meet my gun. I believe in the ethical treatment of animals. No other way to explain that. SusanMcKagen boobs and plastic surgeey maintenance  was experienced  on lab animals first ,but she her hubby did their PETA campaign. Free country. I do not like PETA. Now you have a White  prince of The UK , Harry, who never experienced  racism or lived in The USA  and who has said and did racists things now trying to be woke with BLM and he is  critical  of the BritRoyalFamily, his,  while he is living off their money. What joke.    I do not like Trump but some people do. Axl has a right to speak same as anyone. I still think  at his concert audience.....ehhhh.  BTW, I am a Black American  woman.

PETA is extremists. Throwing buckets of paint on people wearing fur is grotesque behavior regardless of your intention or belief system.  

50 minutes ago, Amaya said:

@soon. Good point about artist vs. entertainer.  I can understand  that about your post. On the topic ,for example, GnR new cd if, when they do it. I have posted I think new songs would be about  time, relationships, parenting,you know deep reflective things of life, love songs, yes political references even, but still exciting and rockin songs ,lol.

They are middle aged  adult men and cannot do Rocket Queens,WTTJungle parts 2.  As what you said, well I think they would fall under  artists more than just entertainers.                                                        My point , for example, in my post too, although a free country,  my fav sports athlete,  Drew Brees,  voiced his opinion and right about himself and what  he wants to do for himself and between the death threats and calls for him to resign, he was like public enemy number one for a week in the media. His wife even had to apologize. That is what I mean about free country,  but right now ,these  times, maybe just play sports and sing, dance, act. Whatever you do or say depends on the person and place and audience.

And then Eminem said fuck Drew Brees. The state of making people feel like shit for having an opinion is sickening. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, axlvai said:

Wearing fur is extreme. Fur industry is extreme. 

Totally agree.  I WOULD throw that tin of paint.  An early photo of Axl looks as though he is wearing a fur coat, it would have looked much better on the animal, he looked ridiculous and I was offended on behalf on the animal.  

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

4 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

PETA is extremists. Throwing buckets of paint on people wearing fur is grotesque behavior regardless of your intention or belief system.  

Haven’t read the discussion, but I’ll say this: Trevor Noah uploaded a video in June I think (more than 9 million views on the day I was watching it) where he talked about why the reactions of the whole BLM are this extreme (I strongly recommend the video). It may not be the most diplomatic way, but if one party of the "agreement" doesn’t follow its obligations (treating everyone equal etc.), then peaceful, diplomatic, non-threatening meek methods won’t work, or it may take too much time while people are dying etc., so quicker demonstration is due. Don’t wanna get into this, but the principle is clear – and applies identically in the case of the fur-wearing assholes. I’m glad that someone throws red paint on them. We might laboriously discuss eating meat (I’m not a vegetarian, mind you) and whether it’s necessary; but there’s no excuse for wearing fucking animal fur. That’s a brutal, unjustifiable extreme – hence the reactions. They may not be mature, but definitely are understandable. 
How would you like it if an alien landed in front of your house, killed a family member of yours and then wore their skin, just for fun, as a fashion accessory? 
There you go. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Haven’t read the discussion, but I’ll say this: Trevor Noah uploaded a video in June I think (more than 9 million views on the day I was watching it) where he talked about why the reactions of the whole BLM are this extreme (I strongly recommend the video). It may not be the most diplomatic way, but if one party of the "agreement" doesn’t follow its obligations (treating everyone equal etc.), then peaceful, diplomatic, non-threatening meek methods won’t work, or it may take too much time while people are dying etc., so quicker demonstration is due. Don’t wanna get into this, but the principle is clear – and applies identically in the case of the fur-wearing assholes. I’m glad that someone throws red paint on them. We might laboriously discuss eating meat (I’m not a vegetarian, mind you) and whether it’s necessary; but there’s no excuse for wearing fucking animal fur. That’s a brutal, unjustifiable extreme – hence the reactions. They may not be mature, but definitely are understandable. 
How would you like it if an alien landed in front of your house, killed a family member of yours and then wore their skin, just for fun, as a fashion accessory? 
There you go. 

If our ancient ancestors didn’t kill animals and wear fur most would have frozen. Fur as a fashion statement might no be cool, but if find throwing paint on people a solution to that issue then whatever. I seriously doubt anyone here advocates for Chinese sweatshops workers who are slaves to make most US goods. If you have an iPhone, wear Nike etc then you support a slave industry. Slave labor was essentially exported overseas in the name of profit and everyone on this forum is complicit in some way. Yet, who cares.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

If our ancient ancestors didn’t kill animals and wear fur most would have frozen. Fur as a fashion statement might no be cool, but if find throwing paint on people a solution to that issue then whatever. I seriously doubt anyone here advocates for Chinese sweatshops workers who are slaves to make most US goods. If you have an iPhone, wear Nike etc then you support a slave industry. Slave labor was essentially exported overseas in the name of profit and everyone on this forum is complicit in some way. Yet, who cares.

Our ancestors didn't travell by plane or car. There is something called change, pregress. We're in different times. Things are different and people also change.

You're right about modern slavery. That's our challenge and maybe our children challenge to change things for the better. The world is not preffect, it will never be. But we can always improve things.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

- We’re not in ancient times any longer, it's 2020, and we wouldn’t get frozen without it today. 
- Not a solution but a way to draw attention to this primitive nonsense. 
- No, I avoid these brands as much as I can (but one cannot avoid everything completely if living in a civilization); however, this is a different story, let’s not use straw-man arguments. 
It's just plain wrong and completely unnecessary, as are your "arguments", no offence. 

• Like 2

I don't see the value in rock artists tweeting about politics. I find it douche baggery of the highest order.

yet, people listen to whatever they have to say.

is it, because "estranged" has such moving guitar solos, that Axl's views have any more value than that of the garbage worker?

Yes, there certainly are people thinking that way. It is childish to look up to rock artists for inspiration on political issues. I think you didn't mature enough mentally, if rock artists are the people that provide guidance to you. To those people I say: you live in a dreamworld, its all fantasy. Even real politicians are bad guides, let alone people who are only experts in music.

If you need guidance, look at your parents. They may have been bad parents, they may have had faults, but they're still your parents and you only have two of them.

If Axl Rose is your dad, then I believe there is not much hope for you

• Like 4

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

- We’re not in ancient times any longer, it's 2020, and we wouldn’t get frozen without it today. 
- Not a solution but a way to draw attention to this primitive nonsense. 
- No, I avoid these brands as much as I can (but one cannot avoid everything completely if living in a civilization); however, this is a different story, let’s not use straw-man arguments. 
It's just plain wrong and completely unnecessary, as are your "arguments", no offence. 

No offense given, none taken. 

• Like 1