Axl Political Social Media Post Discussion Thread

3 hours ago, donny said:

Ax should leave the politics to the politicians and stick to what musicians do......release music.

he seems to spend more time out of the country than in it so i dont see why it bothers him so much.

Gee donny i wish you would change your avatar photo.😛

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

If axl is classifying himself as woke now, then where has he been the last decade or 2?.

He's not, is he? That's just some stupid journalist lingo. He's 56 years old, he's not some hipster who just found out about the world. Let the guy put out a few tweets, seriously.

• Like 4

From reading the word used in some forum posts, i thought axl officially described  that he was woke in one of his twitter posts. I thought his medication (speculating he is on it) made him have,as some alcoholics would describe, a new found moment of clarity.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, TiedHands said:

It honestly takes me a lot of effort to read Axl's sad and ridiculous tweets. It's like trying to decipher the lingo of 14 yr old hood rats speaking Ebonics. 

When one says Axls tweets are a problem that need to be isolated, this^^^^^ is what some infer they are now welcome to say about those 'problem' tweets. Everyone still has to scroll through political talk to see Axls social media, those who complained are participating in this thread (lol). The only change is this disgusting post has found a home here.

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Why did you think that?

I just saw that scene of NIN and Marilyn Manson, Beavan as satanists. Then there was that Exorcist quote as intro to Oh my god. Wasn’t Niven doing black magic? Axl also loves Halloween. So it would easy to join the dots. 

Now I just see Axl as a soccer mom who likes horror movies and drives a station wagon to pick up ribs and steaks. A 6 of Craft beer.

The Don Draper of Malibu. If people had a choice why wouldn’t they have a Halloween tree. People want to have that choice. Give people a choice and they want ribs and a Halloween tree. Okay Don we get they want a choice, we get it. People want the choice of Halloween or Christmas. Why not give them that choice?

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wasted said:

I just saw that scene of NIN and Marilyn Manson, Beavan as satanists. Then there was that Exorcist quote as intro to Oh my god. Wasn’t Niven doing black magic? Axl also loves Halloween. So it would easy to join the dots.

Hmm... I have no idea what you're talking about :lol:

I didn't know there was an Exorcist quote as intro to OMG. But i have barely listened to that song. :shrugs:

I feel like Axl is more religious than he claims. Why does he collect crucifixes? That's fucked up. But he never strike me as a 'satanist'. More like one of those crazy people from the country side who believe in supernatural shit, ufos, spiritism..... Apparently he was into that before, with the help of Yoda.

No idea is he's back to earth now and Halloween is just one more of those commercial dates the US Americans created. It's part of their culture.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Many people who you wouldn't normally expect to take a political stance has now done it, because Trump in the WH is such an extraordinary situation.

Exactly. I have lived my entire life being quite happily apolitical, and always considered politics to be the most boring subject I could imagine.

However, being an objective spectator of the whole Trump debacle has been a YUGE wake up call and made me realise that I don't want my home country to end up anything like the US (no offence to any sensible Americans). I now clue myself up on what's going on and actually take things seriously and take action, instead of wasting votes on joke/protest candidates like Lord Buckethead (no relation) or the Monster Raving Loony Party.

If anything good is to come from Trump, then this kind of thing is it.

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

Hmm... I have no idea what you're talking about :lol:

I didn't know there was an Exorcist quote as intro to OMG. But i have barely listened to that song. :shrugs:

I feel like Axl is more religious than he claims. Why does he collect crucifixes? That's fucked up. But he never strike me as a 'satanist'. More like one of those crazy people from the country side who believe in supernatural shit, ufos, spiritism..... Apparently he was into that before, with the help of Yoda.

No idea is he's back to earth now and Halloween is just one more of those commercial dates the US Americans created. It's part of their culture.

It was intro to Jungle maybe at Rio. 

I thought maybe all the crucixes were for devil worship. But anything spiritual scares the shit out me. I mean if you devil god do you also believe in the devil. That must be scary. Why would you watch the Exorcist if you don’t believe in the devil? 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Why would you watch the Exorcist if you don’t believe in the devil? 

Because it's a great movie? :shrugs:

I'm not religious so I don't believe in God or the devil. I do believe in a malign force but that comes from within damaged people, nothing supernatural.

I'm not scared of those shits.... There might be spirits and stuff like that but they are not the devil, they are just souls who suffered a lot while on earth.

I dont know why he collects crucifixes for. He has a huge Christ hanging from his main wall... I find it disgusting. I have never liked that image and dont wanna have it or see it in walls. It's awful.

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I dont know why he collects crucifixes for. He has a huge Christ hanging from his main wall... I find it disgusting. I have never liked that image and dont wanna have it or see it in walls. It's awful.

I always figured that his kill your idols shirt kinda shed light onto his interest in crucifixes? Maybe that Axl is the crucified lord?

He was raised Pentecostal and they dont use crucifixes. They more than other denominations would be deeply opposed to crucifixes. It really is a disturbing image. So possibly its a childhood thing were he was fascinated by it but not allowed to explore it?

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Now I just see Axl as a soccer mom who likes horror movies and drives a station wagon to pick up ribs and steaks. A 6 of Craft beer.

The Don Draper of Malibu. If people had a choice why wouldn’t they have a Halloween tree. People want to have that choice. Give people a choice and they want ribs and a Halloween tree. Okay Don we get they want a choice, we get it. People want the choice of Halloween or Christmas. Why not give them that choice?

don't forget the Zodiac symbols on TSI cover

10 minutes ago, soon said:

I always figured that his kill your idols shirt kinda shed light onto his interest in crucifixes? Maybe that Axl is the crucified lord?

He was raised Pentecostal and they dont use crucifixes. They more than other denominations would be deeply opposed to crucifixes. It really is a disturbing image. So possibly its a childhood thing were he was fascinated by it but not allowed to explore it?

Having grown up with crucifixes, I've never found them disturbing :lol: Only when other people point it out, I can see how messed up it looks to have our Saviour hanging from the cross, bloody and in pain.

3 minutes ago, donny said:

don't forget the Zodiac symbols on TSI cover

Oh yeah and the Manson t shirts. I’m not saying overtly satanist like with a beard but just thought you know the fun version at Jimmy Pages house. Get plastered and get the ouoji board out and watch Halloween 4. Call Bucket. Bring the chicken blood!

17 minutes ago, Lio said:

Having grown up with crucifixes, I've never found them disturbing :lol: Only when other people point it out, I can see how messed up it looks to have our Saviour hanging from the cross, bloody and in pain.

Haha, there are many ways to see it, I guess. I like Norm Macdonalds take on the empty cross, too

4:20-4:40

:lol:

Edited by soon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1