Axl Political Social Media Post Discussion Thread

On 11/19/2018 at 11:18 PM, Old_school_gnr_fan said:

I'm betting there's pictures of Donald Trump and Axl and/or members of the band from the late 80's or early 90's out there. If you were able to have a photo taken with Donald Trump back then, you did it.

It's like the old photos you see of Trump with Jesse Jackson, with Don King, with Mike Tyson. Nobody hated Donald Trump until he ran for President, then the liberal media labeled him as "racist" and "misogynistic".

Kind of like a guy named Axl Rose, back in the day.

Haha nope, at least in New York Trump and his ‘building projects’ were strongly ridiculed by both the left and the right throughout the 80s. I know it isn’t spoken of now but many went bankrupt. The NY post, a Murdoch owned right leaning paper has hung him out mostly based on the long, long history he has with New York.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of Axls vitriol towards Trump may come from personal experience. 

Edited by complicityiii

On 11/19/2018 at 3:21 PM, Oldest Goat said:

Axl/GNR hate Trump...haha! *pointing at the fans who are Trump supporters* :lol:

Kinda' like those who support AXL/GNR when he sung about Immigrants and F@gg0ts eh? They bought their tickets to the show and merchandise.

Nothing Axl posts will ever erase One In a Million, or his misogynistic lyrics. He really is a Hypocrite. Condemning those who may have said the same things he did.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Amir said:

Pretty sure Axl has grown as a person since being an ignorant kid in Lafayette to travelling the world and befriending people of all cultures and backgrounds.

Oh sorry. I didn't realize he changed the lyrics from "turn around bitch I got a use for you"  to "excuse me mam I have a gift for you". :rolleyes:

Edited by 31illusions
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Amir said:

Pretty sure Axl has grown as a person since being an ignorant kid in Lafayette to travelling the world and befriending people of all cultures and backgrounds.

It seems so, but unfortunately, OIAM will always be "out there". Very dumb move on the part of Axl, the band, and the label. I'm genuinely surprised in the current climate it hasn't been dug up and used against him.

Edited by Azifwekare

Just now, 31illusions said:

Oh sorry. I didn't realize he changed the lyrics from "turn around bitch I got a use for you"  to "excuse me mam I got a gift for you". :rolleyes:

The lyrics to It's So Easy are accurate to the lifestyle they were living at the time, same way One in a Million is accurate to who he was at one point (even if he tried to deny that at certain points). I guess the reason It's So Easy is still played and OIAM isn't is that there was more uproar over the latter, and even though "turn around bitch I got a use for you" isn't exactly polite, it's still not as "un-PC" as OIAM (or others like Back Off Bitch). It's more evocative of a free-living lifestyle than anything purely hateful.

Just now, Azifwekare said:

It seems so, but unfortunately, OIAM will always be "out there". Very dumb move on the part of Axl, the band, and the label. I'm genuinely surprised in the current climate it hasn't been dug up and used against him.

I don't think it should be erased from history, the same way the pro-KKK The Birth of a Nation is still studied in film courses for its influential editing style. It's a song I can listen to and empathise (but not sympathise) with the lyricist because of how it evokes his state of mind at the time.

• Like 2

There once was a bad man named Saul of Tarsus. Then later he changed. And the Apostle Paul has since been viewed by a great many people as an authority on what is good.

People change. And they are allowed to speak up about people who are currently shit. In fact, maybe they owe the world a bit of speaking up for good, after polluting it with bad 30 years ago.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 31illusions said:

Kinda' like those who support AXL/GNR when he sung about Immigrants and F@gg0ts eh? They bought their tickets to the show and merchandise.

Nothing Axl posts will ever erase One In a Million, or his misogynistic lyrics. He really is a Hypocrite. Condemning those who may have said the same things he did.

Ouch, I'm sure Axl is willing to admit that those songs were a reflection of a place in his life...30 years ago.. it's not like he's in his 70s and has the most important and listened to position on the planet and says sensationalist, racist and misogynistic things still to this day. Axl at least has the humility to admit he was wrong. Hypocrisy doesn't make someone wrong.

Murderers can still be correct in telling you murder is wrong lol

Yeah, he changed so much..... :rolleyes:

In 2010, he publicly verbally abused a female member of this forum by spitting a waterfall of insults over her, more specifically calling her homosexual as an insult.

Ever since the nuGN'R era tours, including the half-assed reunion shows, he keeps wearing tshirts with sexist images, depicting women either being spanked, tied up or disposed in garbage cans.  

In 2018 he called Trump's wife a "former alleged hooker", which shows he still can't show any manners when refering to women.

The reason why they cant stop playing ISE and the other sexist songs is because they don't have enough material to build a different setlist.

This is due to Axl wasting decades of his life fighting with people and hating on them, keeping it all in the vault for the goblins to listen to.

P.s.: oh and there's absolutely no freedom or free-living lifestyle in oppressing, submitting and humiliating others, be it verbal or physical abuse. That's a bullshit excuse to justify the power abuse you are inflicting on others.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, he changed so much..... :rolleyes:

In 2010, he publicly verbally abused a female member of this forum by spitting a waterfall of insults over her, more specifically calling her homosexual as an insult.

Ever since the nuGN'R era tours, including the half-assed reunion shows, he keeps wearing tshirts with sexist images, depicting women either being spanked, tied up or disposed in garbage cans.  

In 2018 he called Trump's wife a "former alleged hooker", which shows he still can't show any manners when refering to women.

The reason why they cant stop playing ISE and the other sexist songs is because they don't have enough material to build a different setlist.

This is due to Axl wasting decades of his life fighting with people and hating on them, keeping it all in the vault for the goblins to listen to.

You think they don't have enough material to remove all their "sexist" lyrics. You're crazy

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

But they are not popular songs. They have to keep the casuals happy.

1. Nightrain

2. Brownstone

3. The Garden

4. Live and let die

5. Welcome to the jungle (unless you think that's sexist talking about the realities of LA)

6. Double Talking Jive

7. Civil War

8. Yesterday's

9. Patience

10. Out To get Me

11. Rocket Queen

12. Knocking On Heavens Door

13. Dead Horse

14. Nice Boys

15. November Rain

16. Bad Obsession

17. Estranged

18. Don't cry

19. Sweet Child O' Mine

That's a UYI style show without even adding TSI songs or CD songs, nor "extra" covers that aren't on record. And there's still a quite a few songs you could add. Not trying to beat a dead horse. But the band wasn't spewing crazy shit that would draw the ire of feministis at EVERY step. 

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

That's a UYI style show without even adding TSI songs or CD songs, nor "extra" covers that aren't on record. And there's still a quite a few songs you could add. Not trying to beat a dead horse. But the band wasn't spewing crazy shit that would draw the ire of feministis at EVERY step.

I don't make the setlists....

Like I said, I am aware there are songs they could add/use as replacement, but either the band don't want to play them, dont like them and/or the audience doesn't care for those songs. This is a "reunion show" so they need to play as many hits as possible and that's what they do. Plus, they don't have new material to present either.

Axl: Talking about the responsibilities of being a famous artist: It is really tricky. Our first major tour was with Mötley Crüe and the audience was younger than the audiences we'd played on the Aerosmith tour, or another tours, our own tours and the tours with the Cult. And it was real hard to do the song 'It's so easy' because there's a line in there 'I drink n' drive everything's in sight.' We were talking about how we kinda got away with things and are lucky to be here. It was real hard knowing that some of these kids were gonne go out and go 'Yeah! They drink and drive everything's in sight!.' [...] It's hard when you do your own material and the majority of the audience isn't getting what you meant [Famous Last Words, MTV, 1990]

• Like 1

Most of the sexist stuff is on Appetite and I can forgive them, even revel in, an element of juvenalia because it is their first album and they're young punks doing Keith Richards' impressions, but Most bands mature from that debut which Guns sort of did with ''Patience'' and then the Illusion epics however when Roses resumed playing again in 2001 he decided to re-build his shows around Appetite and that has been the situation ever since with the occasional variation.

It is the equivalent of choosing to do a paper round or drinking low-priced alcohol on street corners when you're in your thirties. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

1. Nightrain

2. Brownstone

3. The Garden

4. Live and let die

5. Welcome to the jungle (unless you think that's sexist talking about the realities of LA)

6. Double Talking Jive

7. Civil War

8. Yesterday's

9. Patience

10. Out To get Me

11. Rocket Queen

12. Knocking On Heavens Door

13. Dead Horse

14. Nice Boys

15. November Rain

16. Bad Obsession

17. Estranged

18. Don't cry

19. Sweet Child O' Mine

Hmmmmm... What about the Bad Obsessions lyric: "I call my mother/ She's just a cunt now" ?

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Eating birthday cake could be sexist depending on the context. 

Axl's t-shirts are cringe and trashy, yes, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't get to express his politic views, which is what that forum member is saying.

What you said was wrong in that it lacked context. It shouldnt be difficult to deal with that being pointed out.

2 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

P.S. You hurt my feelings when you personally attacked me out of the blue and I've told you several times already since then not to speak to me so unless you're going to apologize please resist the urge to interact with me.

No idea what you are talking about with any attacks! lol. Sounds paranoid. Seems like you feel attacked in this instance because something you said in error was identified, lol.

I will respond to what ever post I want to and if that is more then you can handle, that's something you will have to deal with independent of me. :)

• Like 1