Axl Political Social Media Post Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

So you're saying that even though spanking isn't inherently sexist because the individuals depicted in an image cannot consent(since they aren't real) it therefore becomes sexist...

The images in those t-shirts lack context because you can't tell if the woman is being spanked by a husband (or boyfriend) who got mad at her because she didn't make him a sandwich, or if she's being spanked in the middle of a consented sexual relationship where she consented to be spanked.

Actually, there's one t-shirt with a woman being spanked and her buttcheek looks quite red, therefore it must hurt and if it hurts and makes the other person uncomfortable, then it is violence, not good sex. (unless the person enjoys pain, but that cannot be derived from the picture either).

In this other one, the woman has tear in her eyes...... pretty fucked up shit (IMO)

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

The personal attack I'm referring to has nothing to do with this topic of conversation and you haven't proven me wrong on anything yet. Your tepid bravado and passive aggressive niggling is nauseating. 

I don't understand the motive of certain types of people. Laughing at my jokes and acting friendly then at random becoming fake, underhanded and petty. 

That must be how Axl feels sometimes but on a larger scale. People buying the records and devoting time to him only to try and slight him at the same time. Get a life.

All that happened is that you said something wrong. And vague, unfounded and inaccurate attacks on my character dont change the verifiable fact that you simply didn't offer proper context about a subject that requires context.

It shouldnt be so taxing for you to more cordially address this inconsequential interaction about your post that lacked context. But it seems that you want to use your minor misstep of a post, and your inability to handle a correction to it, as an opportunity to try and attack me. :lol:

Edited by soon

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

I hadn't seen either of those images but it seems the first one is The Joker spanking Harley Quinn and I'm pretty sure they're a couple(not really into comics so could be wrong). The second image comes across as more menacing I suppose but they're just cartoons I don't like on band T-shirts I'm not gonna buy.

Well, I guess if you have knowledge on cartoons and stuff, you can figure out other meanings.... but I barely know anything about cartoons, it is quite likely many other people do not know either and ultimately, the image in the picture is a frame putting the focus on the spanking (not the characters), so it becomes sexist because it fetichizes the beating.

Not all people are into that, in spite of being a practice in certain sexual relationships, it is impossible to derive from that specific frame what exactly is going on there. All we can see is a red buttcheek and to me, that means it must have hurt.

Cartoons or not, they are images that convey a message.

13 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I think most people, at least around my age, will know of The Joker and Harley Quinn(I did and I'm not even into comics) and/or not over think it to the point of believing Axl shouldn't express his opinions. 

I guess we disagree.

Apparently, that's an abusive relationship.

And I have never said Axl shouldn't express his opinions. You're confusing me with somebody else.

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, soon said:

Hmmmmm... What about the Bad Obsessions lyric: "I call my mother/ She's just a cunt now" ?

Well take it out, and replace with something else. My point is, 3 or 4 songs (locomotive, it's so easy, back off bitch) written 30 years ago, which we would probably cringe at today-which also doesn't give a pass/or excuse the misogyny; what do these songs have to do with Axl Rose criticizing the president and what he says about the California wild fires? Or policy? 

2 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Well take it out, and replace with something else. My point is, 3 or 4 songs (locomotive, it's so easy, back off bitch) written 30 years ago, which we would probably cringe at today-which also doesn't give a pass/or excuse the misogyny; what do these songs have to do with Axl Rose criticizing the president and what he says about the California wild fires? Or policy? 

I'm so proud of Axl for making his voice heard against the Trump regime. Glad to learn that we are united on that front!

On 11/22/2018 at 2:49 AM, Amir said:

Pretty sure Axl has grown as a person since being an ignorant kid in Lafayette to travelling the world and befriending people of all cultures and backgrounds.

He might be traveling the world but I'm not so sure he's "befriending people of all cultures and backgrounds". It seems he's mostly staying in his hotel room, leading a sheltered life and only ever seeing a very limited side of the countries they go to.

Still, I agree his opinion on immigration appears to have changed and he probably no longer has the attitude expressed in OIAM.

As for sexism and misogyny, I believe he's worse than ever!

• GNFNR 1

Just now, Ratam said:

same, what is about the cow's❓ i be very intrigued 😕

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/28/knickers-the-cow-why-australias-giant-steer-is-so-fascinating

He's referring to the amount of crap a cow this size must produce. The Knickers story has been in the press this week.

It's basically Axl and his random connections/observations at play. :lol:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/28/knickers-the-cow-why-australias-giant-steer-is-so-fascinating

He's referring to the amount of crap a cow this size must produce. The Knickers story has been in the press this week.

It's basically Axl and his random connections/observations at play. :lol:

Thanks, i know that's cow farts cause big problem to enviroment:lol: