gnrfan05

I.R.S. 2005 demo redux - Buckethead w/retail mix

Hi all, so I'm going to try this again. Of all the songs on the retail version of CD, I.R.S. was the one that felt the most neutered to me; the one that suffered the most from the revolving cast of contributors and ideas. The 2005 demo absolutely rocked, blew you away. The retail version sounded so hollow and was missing so much edge. Principally, that would be the majority of Bucket's contributions. Sadly the 2005 demo version isn't in the best quality BUT, using a combination of the retail track stems, and the instrumental  version of the demo that leaked back in 2005, I've created a fucking bad ass 2018 version : D. Here is precisely what I've done:

• Starting with the demo instrumental, I high-passed most of the low end to omit it from competing with layered elements.
  • Layered over the retail stems, minus the guitar stems, and mixed them slightly differently (heavier on the drums, slightly lesser so on the extra elements, gave some more presence to Axl's vocals)
  • I cut the first solo on the retail so it's more in line with the 2005 mix
  • Jacked the final solo.
  • Generally made this thing a monster.

If you reply to this thread I will Probably Make you, my friend.

• Like 3

This sounds fucking sweet. 

I still loved the album version but there was definitely something charming about those demos.

Just now, gnrfan05 said:

Thank you sir! You'll have to clear out your inbox though.. you can't receive messages :/

"sounds awesome" as in iv'e heard it. i downloaded a folder earlier today with IRS and TWAT ;) 

Just now, donny said:

"sounds awesome" as in iv'e heard it. i downloaded a folder earlier today with IRS and TWAT ;) 

Ha! Awesome! There's one additional mix you may not have. If your inbox clears out a little, well, who knows... you may just be able to hear it :D