Your Least Favorite Among the GN'R Hits

Paradise City is probably my least favorite hit. I feel it's lyrically shallow and when it comes to rockers, I prefer the faster one's like Nightrain, Don't Damn Me etc... I'm not saying PC is a bad song. It's just my least favorite of the hits. KOHD would be my second least favorite. Not bad either, but I prefer Dylan's version.

I hate Don't Wanna Miss A Thing but I love November Rain. That's because Don't Wanna Miss A Thing is a pop song and November Rain is the opposite of that. NR is closer to classical music.

Either Sweet Child or WTTJ because they're both way overplayed. I can still jam out to Paradise City every once in a while though. I've gotten back into November Rain and as a musician have really begun to appreciate the subtle things in the song. It's a huge cliche at this point, but the song is a masterpiece.

• Like 1

Aside from KOHD I like them all to this day... I might skip one once in awhile when they come on the radio but there are still plenty of times I will crank the same song I skipped the week before.  I do love Knocking On Heavens Door but the studio version just kind of sucks with all the background singers, overdubs and all Axl's layered vocals.  I still love all the old live versions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

For me, not really a big fan of November Rain and Don't Cry. Just not a fan of their very slow songs... same thing I do not like I Dont Wanna Miss a Thing of Aerosmith. Love the outro guitars of NR, but thats about it.

They're not "hits" per se, but two songs everyone else seems to love that I don't are Out Ta Get Me and Think About You. 

The easy answer if we include all tracks (sans SFTD) on the 'Greatest Hits' album as a list of their hits: Since I Don't Have You

The tough answer if we ignore TSI tracks on the 'Greatest Hits' album: Yesterdays

It was difficult to decide between Yesterdays and KOHD but I've found myself skipping Yesterdays more than KOHD since I started listening to UYI2 back in 1991 :lol:

I actually can’t say I dislike any of the hits. I have heard that Bad Apples is a fan favorite, but I’ve never really gotten too into it. I still like it, but I would rather listen to most other GNR songs. For Metallica though, I would say Enter Sandman. That song is so overplayed when the band has 5 albums worth of material all better than that song.