The End : machine (Warrant/Dokken supergroup)

oldnews

17 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I fuckin love Dokken and George Lynch is a fuckin guitar god, but without a vintage Don voice it’s probably no good... 

I agree. I've seen Dokken throughout the years, but Don just can't sing anymore.

I do give him credit for toning down the songs to match his singing style now.

Always, loved Dokken and Warrant with Jani Lane was my band growing up.

I actually met Jani Lane awhile ago when he was still with Warrant and they played a club in Dallas. I told him how much I loved him and he gave me a hug. I was so upset when Jani passed away. He was gone too soon too.

Guess I will give it a listen.

My mom used to love Dokken in the 80's too.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:47 PM, Fitha_whiskey said:

I fuckin love Dokken and George Lynch is a fuckin guitar god, but without a vintage Don voice it’s probably no good... 

Yeah, but Don can't really sing anymore.

Last time I saw him, he did an acoustic set opening for Queensryche who still had Geoff Tate as their singer.

I love Don's voice, but he just can't sing those high notes anymore. Plus he has a huge ego and I think he and George always had problems with each other. Yeah, George is amazing.

Guess I  might check it out, but I wish Don would still consider joining the original guys and just change his voice to notes he can carry.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 3:30 PM, oldnews said:

They also have the drummer from Evanessence https://www.facebook.com/TheEndMachine/

What happened to Mick? I thought it was the 3 guys except for Don?

Well, if they play Dallas, maybe I'll go just to see George Lynch play. The times I've seen Dokken play was without George and he was missed.

3 hours ago, Serpens Albus said:

Warrant is a nice band, one of my favorites, actually (yeah yeah hate me all you want). Their best album is "Dog Eat Dog", in my opinion. Quite a  shame most disregard their intentions just by looking at "Cherry Pie"

K Warrant was my favorite band in the 80's. I actually met Janie Lane awhile back when Warrant played a local Dallas club. I told him how much I loved him and he gave me a hug. I was devastated when he died. He struggled so much. I don't like that Warrant still sing all the songs Janie wrote even after they fired him. It's just not right. Plus Janie had an amazing voice. I do hope his daughter gets some of the money from his songs. That would be the right thing to do.

Cherry Pie was a cool song for the time. Nothing wrong with it, but yeah, Janie wrote so many more amazing songs.

19 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

K Warrant was my favorite band in the 80's. I actually met Janie Lane awhile back when Warrant played a local Dallas club. I told him how much I loved him and he gave me a hug. I was devastated when he died. He struggled so much. I don't like that Warrant still sing all the songs Janie wrote even after they fired him. It's just not right. Plus Janie had an amazing voice. I do hope his daughter gets some of the money from his songs. That would be the right thing to do.

Cherry Pie was a cool song for the time. Nothing wrong with it, but yeah, Janie wrote so many more amazing songs.

Yes I agree! People really give Cherry Pie (the song for the most part) a lot of crap, but it's just a fun song, and that's all there is to it. And regarding Janie, he is; like you said, an amazing vocalist. I really do appreciate his songwriting, from D.R.F.S.R. to Belly to Belly & Ultraphobic (some of the more obscure Warrant albums). Unfortunately, most focus on their early years and are unaware of the special gems that are hidden throughout their discography. The later albums (Born Again and Rockaholic, etc.) are actually kind of nice, I like them. Jani's vocals are not featured, unfortunately, but I still dig those albums, there's some cool stuff in those albums for me, believe it or not. Warrant is one of those bands that are hidden in the dust of the "glam"-era. I feel like nowadays, most don't know who they are.

"Stronger Now" is, in my opinion, Jani's best creation (I believe he did write that song).

Also I notice this thread features Dokken, can you guys recommend any Dokken albums? I recall someone regarding Dokken as one of the best hair-bands from the 80s. I don't even know any of their songs, I will have to see for myself... : )

• Like 1

Tooth and Nail

Beast from the East is a live 2 disc cd. It was recorded in the 80's and actually went to Number 1 in Japan. it's got all their hits and the band and Don sound amazing.

I loved one of the last songs recorded called "Walk away". It's also on that two disc cd.

I actually have the Nightmare on Elm Street song on an album. My mom got it for me. I love that song and the video rocks. I'm pretty sure the band partied hard with Robert who played Freddie.

• GNFNR 1

On 12/20/2018 at 9:31 AM, Serpens Albus said:

Yes I agree! People really give Cherry Pie (the song for the most part) a lot of crap, but it's just a fun song, and that's all there is to it. And regarding Janie, he is; like you said, an amazing vocalist. I really do appreciate his songwriting, from D.R.F.S.R. to Belly to Belly & Ultraphobic (some of the more obscure Warrant albums). Unfortunately, most focus on their early years and are unaware of the special gems that are hidden throughout their discography. The later albums (Born Again and Rockaholic, etc.) are actually kind of nice, I like them. Jani's vocals are not featured, unfortunately, but I still dig those albums, there's some cool stuff in those albums for me, believe it or not. Warrant is one of those bands that are hidden in the dust of the "glam"-era. I feel like nowadays, most don't know who they are.

"Stronger Now" is, in my opinion, Jani's best creation (I believe he did write that song).

Also I notice this thread features Dokken, can you guys recommend any Dokken albums? I recall someone regarding Dokken as one of the best hair-bands from the 80s. I don't even know any of their songs, I will have to see for myself... : )

Tooth and Nail is one of the best hair metal albums ever. (Like Dontdamnme said). Just kicks ass. Great melodies and guitar solos. Under Lock n Key and Back for the Attack are great too. 

• 1 month later...