New photo of Axl Rose in 1998 surfaces

:wow:

So by 1998 he already had his leg tattoos..... and Im intrigued by his head gear.... he would constantly wear the bandana in that way during those years but it looks like he has really short hair underneath.

His face is still the same as in his younger years, a bit fuller but that's all...

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

So by 1998 he already had his leg tattoos..... and Im intrigued by his head gear.... he would constantly wear the bandana in that way during those years but it looks like he has really short hair underneath.

His face is still the same as in his younger years, a bit fuller but that's all...

I was just talking to a friend, and to my eyes the change between 1994 and this photo is abysmal. 1994 Axl was basically UYI Axl. Even his clothes look weird on this photo.

Looks like these 4 years where really though for him. And I don't want to get into creepy shit, but maybe there's something else behind him having short hair around those days.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I was just talking to a friend, and to my eyes the change between 1994 and this photo is abysmal. 1994 Axl was basically UYI Axl. Even his clothes look weird on this photo.

I kinda disagree..... but it's just my opinion, of course. I don't like the way he looked in 1994, in that RNR Hall of Fame night, he looks like out of himself and his hair is falling already.

If this picture is from July, 1998.... his arrest in Phoenix was in February 1998 too, right? And in the mugshot he isn't wearing anything on the head, although his hair looks quite strange, like an implant or something.

296.jpg

The serious look is the same, though.....

IMO, the drastic change in looks begin around 1999... when he was attending that sport shows and he is interviewed by some reporter. That's a complete different Axl, in all senses.

In the interview with Rolling Stone that took place in the end of 1999, the interviewer described Axl like this:

At 36 Rose looks a bit older and more solidly built than the lean rock god of his ''Sweet Child O' Mine'' days, the result perhaps not just of the passage of time but of his kickboxing regimen and a lifestyle that's said to be largely nocturnal but zealously healthy.

He's dressed tonight in Abercrombie & Fitch, with his reddish hair intact and cut to a Prince Valiant-ish mid-length.

So he had let his hair grow again.

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2207-2000-01-xx-interview-with-axl-in-rolling-stone

The video from the NBA finals was in June 2001, i.e 6 months after Rock in Rio.

Edited by Blackstar

1 hour ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Uploaded by Emet Galeana to the #GnFnR Fanspot FB Group.

"This is a photo of Axl and I at his home in Malibu July 2, 1998. You actually can see Axls leg tattoos which many people didn’t know he has!! He also signed my UYI 2 CD book and this is my collection in Guns N Roses tickets from Mexico, USA, South America, Norway and even my GNR fan club card."

46503950_1957266041056048_14129035802050

Pics of his ticket collection and UYI2 signed by Axl:

Reveal hidden contents

46499073_2185219841751867_18888254488261

46498026_2185219858418532_26486640002455

FUCK he was HUUUGE even back then!!! Is this the head wear after hair transplant???

• GNFNR 1

35 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

Is this the head wear after hair transplant???

Did this actually happen? I did hear about the braids having something to do with a hair transplant gone wrong.

...But then again, I also heard that his mickey voice was due to surgery related to throat cancer, so people say all kinds of shit.

Edited by Azifwekare
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Even his clothes look weird on this photo.

How so? I believe these are just workout clothes. It looks as though hes been running (the sweat).

Probably trying to get in shape as he was about to make his re-entrance into the public.

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Did this actually happen? I did hear about the braids having something to do with a hair transplant gone wrong.

We don't have the official information but by looking at the pictures from that time, there's something really strange about his hair.

In 2001, it looks darker and thick, nothing to do with what he had when he was young.

16276104491_3c818d86f2.jpg  16277885965_7c3636b2c2.jpg

16276104621_2cb12f2de6_o.jpg

Axl2.jpg

16090522620_c4dbe9c655.jpg

14 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

II believe these are just workout clothes. it looks as though been jogging (the sweat) probably trying to get in shape as he was about to make his re-entrance into the public.

Was this for RIR?.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

And a wider stomach.

5 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

And a wider stomach.

He had abs in 2001, as you can see in that picture I posted above.

I don't think he was fat around that time, just more built up. Nothing to do with the beer gut that he's presenting nowadays.

So much I wish Axl had his body from 1998 in 2018.

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

Are the guys from the second photo from Indiana?. 

I have no idea who are those guys.

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

In the interview with Rolling Stone that took place in the end of 1999, the interviewer described Axl like this:

At 36 Rose looks a bit older and more solidly built than the lean rock god of his ''Sweet Child O' Mine'' days, the result perhaps not just of the passage of time but of his kickboxing regimen and a lifestyle that's said to be largely nocturnal but zealously healthy.

He's dressed tonight in Abercrombie & Fitch, with his reddish hair intact and cut to a Prince Valiant-ish mid-length.

So he had let his hair grow again.

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2207-2000-01-xx-interview-with-axl-in-rolling-stone

The video from the NBA finals was in June 2001, i.e 6 months after Rock in Rio.

Theres no way in the world he would look so round from kickboxing.:lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

He had abs in 2001, as you can see in that picture I posted above.

I don't think he was fat around that time, just more built up. Nothing to do with the beer gut that he's presenting nowadays.

So much I wish Axl had his body from 1998 in 2018.

I have no idea who are those guys.

The beer gut he has now is not at big as what i see in this photo.😯