New photo of Axl Rose in 1998 surfaces

4 hours ago, Lio said:

I take it none of you ever goes out not dressed to the nines, not even right outside your house. Imagine wearing comfortable training clothes. Surely no one would do that, makes you look like a hobo. And it is possible to have more than one bandana too.

The so called fatshaming is despicable in any instance, it's mean and frankly it says more about you than about the person (any person) you're fatshaming. And it's utterly ridiculous here too, he isn't fat in that pic, as others have pointed out.

A rockstar is a human being too, you know. He has weaknesses and he can have off days or go through a hard time. It must be awful to see people who don't know you, but make some claim to you scrutinize you and tear you to bits, even over an innocent pic you took with a fan, twenty years ago. It's a good thing Axl doesn't read the forum.

All I see, is a fan really happy to have met Axl Rose, who was willing to have a pic with him and was apparently nice to him, even if he met him in a private situation.

I really think lio he does lurk every now and again. I believe slash does to. Ive seen stuff in the womens thread where those that post in that thread have mentioned something about his performance and during a performance axl has done something similar to what has been said.....i think theres some sort of coincidence. If fernando posts here it tells me the band are aware of us and may lurk from time to time. The amount of talk about his voice, as much as we are vocal about it.....i really dont think certain members of his entourage would tell axl he has had a great vocal night, or not, but not being as direct. Yes in my posts i was fatshamming, i was like that at one stage in life but redeemed myself. The main discussion and you are right that its sometimes easy to see how high our heroes can soar and how hard through difficult personal circumstances they can fall.

Edited by Sydney Fan

12 minutes ago, Naupis said:

Part of the problem with Axl is just how poorly he aged.

The whole "If he is fat I would hate to see what you consider skinny" argument completely ignores that he makes his living performing, and part of that is keeping yourself looking good and in shape.

He could have aged gracefully like you'd expect from someone with his resources who was fronting a multi-million dollar enterprise should. He just let himself go.

Look at how guys like Springsteen and Bon Jovi aged and then look at Axl and it is such a startling difference in terms of the kind of shape they kept themselves in it is embarrassing. Hell, Myles Kennedy is going to be 50 next year as well and the guy doesn't looked like he's aged a bit despite literally living on the road for the past 8 years between his 2 bands.

To ignore that physical appearance and effort don't play a role in Axl's decline is just being naive. His not being in shape is why he sounds gassed all the time and gasping for breath. I love the guy, but that is the physical manifestation of how his not keeping himself in shape and on point manifests itself.

He just never had the respect for his fans or the personal pride to push himself to do anything more than the bare minimum once he "made it".

It always bothered me how the first few shows of a tour were viewed as blow offs while he "works himself into shape" as if the money those fans spent on tickets was any different than the money spent on tickets later on in the tour. Yet people accepted it because it was better than nothing.

For a guy who was once at a level he was that is a low freaking bar.

It is kinda punk, though? To just don't give fuck about what is expected from rock stars in 2018 and just live your life the way you want to regardless of expectations and peer pressure from other rock stars. 

• Like 2

He looks like himself, albeit heavier than in his heyday. No problem there.

What in the world made him do stupid things to his face? From 1998 to 2000/2001 he changed drastically. Just look at his eyes. It never ceases to amaze me how so many celebrities still think that plastic surgery will make them look better. Nobody has ever looked better after a procedure. Even if the procedure was deemed "successful".

Edited by Sisyphus

4 hours ago, Naupis said:

Part of the problem with Axl is just how poorly he aged.

The whole "If he is fat I would hate to see what you consider skinny" argument completely ignores that he makes his living performing, and part of that is keeping yourself looking good and in shape.

He could have aged gracefully like you'd expect from someone with his resources who was fronting a multi-million dollar enterprise should. He just let himself go.

Look at how guys like Springsteen and Bon Jovi aged and then look at Axl and it is such a startling difference in terms of the kind of shape they kept themselves in it is embarrassing. Hell, Myles Kennedy is going to be 50 next year as well and the guy doesn't looked like he's aged a bit despite literally living on the road for the past 8 years between his 2 bands.

To ignore that physical appearance and effort don't play a role in Axl's decline is just being naive. His not being in shape is why he sounds gassed all the time and gasping for breath. I love the guy, but that is the physical manifestation of how his not keeping himself in shape and on point manifests itself.

He just never had the respect for his fans or the personal pride to push himself to do anything more than the bare minimum once he "made it".

It always bothered me how the first few shows of a tour were viewed as blow offs while he "works himself into shape" as if the money those fans spent on tickets was any different than the money spent on tickets later on in the tour. Yet people accepted it because it was better than nothing.

For a guy who was once at a level he was that is a low freaking bar.

Someone mentioned that Axl or even Slash might read this forum but with “The Shocking Truth” plain to see imho as well, Axl deserves to be tweeted a reality check like this!

11 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

It is kinda punk, though? To just don't give fuck about what is expected from rock stars in 2018 and just live your life the way you want to regardless of expectations and peer pressure from other rock stars. 

Thats fine to a degree, but your health and voice should be the number one priority.

• GNFNR 1

19 hours ago, Naupis said:

I agree with most of your statement, but you are not taking into consideration something here that is very important and it's been an ongoing issue in Axl's life: his mental/emotional health.

After the UYI tour was finished, Axl's hell began... Or maybe it began way before that, but we can see the physical manifestations of it a few years later.

During the 90's and good part of the 2000's, Axl spent those years trying to figure out how to continue with his personal life and his career, failing pretty big at both. He lost many people that he loved: baby, wife, a big love, his mother, his original family, his friends, his band, credibility, inspiration and many fans too..... He was constantly involved in lawsuits of all kinds. He was miserable back then and all those things can greatly impact your health in a negative way. Also, trying to lose weight and recover a young appearance after you reach your 40s, it is way harder and slower.

I know that Axl has all the resources in the world to buy himself a whole new body and face, but for wanting to go through that you need will power, an internal force that makes you want to seek for a change and we don't know if he had it.

He looked pretty much like his old self in 2006, body wise. Hair was shit with the braids, but maybe that was all he could do about his alopecia at the time. It seemed to me that he had made the effort to go back and dominate the rock world again, but then he couldn't take advantage of that good moment, album didn't come out, his new band lost key members and everything was heading to a point of no return.

After that, I think he declined again, which tells me his emotional state was shaken once more. We saw him changing his looks over and over, gaining weight (2009), losing it again (2010-2013), gaining a lot (2014-2016), losing a bit again (2017) and now he's hitting 57 years old with a huge unhealthy belly.

I agree with you that as a professional artist, he is expected to look as good as possible, according to his age. I'm not a doctor but to me it is obvious that he has a problem with keeping himself in shape. Whether this is due to his lack of will to get better or due to a condition where he can't get any better, I don't know.... and when that happens, especially when you don't have the will to get better, millions of dollars will not fix it, unfortunately... :unsure:

• Like 4

15 hours ago, soon said:

Some medications for metal health cause weight gain. Sometimes a lot. Sad if someone is taking care of themselves but gets accused of doing the opposite.

First, none of us here can affirm that he is taking medication for mental health, so talking like that is a bit irresponsible.

And second, the medicines don't make you gain weight per se. What they do, SOMETIMES, is make you hungrier and/or can give you depression (yes, even if they are a cure for it).

If you have a tendency to eat more because of a emotional state, then you will gain weight. If you do not control your food ingest when you are taking this type of medication, then you will gain weight too.

Weight is gained due to ingesting more calories than a normal diet allows for your sex, age and height and not burning enough of them. If you eat a lot and you do not exercise, this turns into weight gain, inevitably.

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

First, none of us here can affirm that he is taking medication for mental health, so talking like that is a bit irresponsible.

And second, the medicines don't make you gain weight per se. What they do, SOMETIMES, is make you hungrier and/or can give you depression (yes, even if they are a cure for it).

If you have a tendency to eat more because of a emotional state, then you will gain weight. If you do not control your food ingest when you are taking this type of medication, then you will gain weight too.

Weight is gained due to ingesting more calories than a normal diet allows for your sex, age and height and not burning enough of them. If you eat a lot and you do not exercise, this turns into weight gain, inevitably.

I wondered if that type of medication fucks with your metabolism and that could be the way some people gain weight when taking medications like that.....

Just now, Sydney Fan said:

I wondered if that type of medication fucks with your metabolism and that could be the way some people gain weight when taking medications like that.....

There are too many different types of medication for mental health but also for other health conditions, like hair loss, which can cause unusual appetite.

For example, some vitamins they prescribe you for hair loss, or because you have problems absorbing vitamins from normal food ingest, can make your really hungry and well, not everybody can control it. Sometimes you have to eat more because you feel really hungry.

A good doctor will always warn you about this and the medicines themselves make it explicit in their prospects, packaging. So that's when YOU, as a patient, have to do your part and either try to control it by not eating more than you should or if you do, try to get rid of it with exercise.

Painkillers, anticonvulsants, neurological medicine also can give you this extra hunger but they don't make you fat. You get fat because you eat more, possibly due to this side effect. And also, it is a possible side effect, not something that it affects every person who takes them.

14 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Raising a possibility isnt irresponsible at all. Raising a possibility from a place of compassion isnt sometjing to be condemned.

Also, you couldnt be more wrong about how and why some meds cause weight gain.

• Like 1