New photo of Axl Rose in 1998 surfaces

25 minutes ago, soon said:

Raising a possibility isnt irresponsible at all. Raising a possibility from a place of compassion isnt sometjing to be condemned.

Also, you couldnt be more wrong about how and why some meds cause weight gain.

Your wording sounded like you were talking about someone who takes certain type of medicine and they are criticized because they are perceived as not taking care of themselves, even when they do.

If you didn't mean it that way, then I apologize.

I don't know if I couldn't be "more wrong", because I have experience with it, though I'm not a doctor. But I'm surrounded with that type of medicine, for different reasons, and I read the booklets that come with them.

I've also been taking vitamins of the kind that can cause you weight gain and that's how it's been explained to me, by doctors.

Like I said before, not only mental health medication have that type of side effects. And each patient is different. You can't attribute weight gain to just one thing, especially to medicine. It could be a combination of that, with an irregular ingest of food, lack of regular physical activity, regular ingest of alcohol, soda, weed, cigarettes, etc.

None of us know for sure what exactly is Axl's mental health condition, even though is evident that he had/has? issues, what medication he takes, what kind of diet he follows and what's his exercise routine, if any. Not to mention, other things like alcohol and illegal drugs, that could also be part of it.

Edited by killuridols

7 minutes ago, soon said:

Raising a possibility isnt irresponsible at all. Raising a possibility from a place of compassion isnt sometjing to be condemned.

Also, you couldnt be more wrong about how and why some meds cause weight gain.

This, there are so many meds and conditions that cause you to gain weight that have nothing to do with eating more. I'm not saying anything about Axl's particular case, as we don't know about that obviously, but it's just factually wrong that you can't gain weight from certain meds, without eating more.

Another thing is that some people can eat anything and not gain a gram. Other people gain weight immediately. This is also a fact, and I do think this comes into play with Axl, based on what he told in the interview that food was his vice. (Or sth like that.) From that statement, I'd assume he is someone who really has to watch what he eats carefully, and if he doesn't he'll gain weight easily. This only gets worse with age. I think if Axl really let himself go completely, he'd be obese. :lol:

• Like 2

To me Axl’s always been a “Jack Nicholson”-type of celebrity. Blindingly talented, charismatic, and handsome enough to attract more attention from the fairer sex than any of us could ever dream of.

He may go through periods of higher motivation for physical fitness- but in general IMHO he’s not going to bust his butt eatting rabbit food, and doing Pilates to satisfy some preconceived notions of what a rock star/celebrity should look like 24/7. First and foremost- they should be talented- which guys like him and Nicholson have in spades.

If you want a singer who can audition for Ally McBeal, or an underwear ad- listen to Bon Jovi (and props to him).

24 minutes ago, AXL_N_DIZZY said:

He may go through periods of higher motivation for physical fitness- but in general IMHO he’s not going to bust his butt eatting rabbit food, and doing Pilates to satisfy some preconceived notions of what a rock star/celebrity should look like 24/7.

After you turn 40, these things are no longer a matter of vanity or satisfying other people's notions. It becomes a matter of health and it should be a priority in your life.

Any responsible doctor will advise you about it.

for all the message board doctors out there or anyone who is questioning weight gain in meds: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bipolar-disorder/expert-answers/bipolar-medications-and-weight-gain/faq-20058043

or just talk to ANY DOCTOR.  

it's very irresponsible to diagnose Axl with any kind of mood disorder, as none of us are his physician, but at the same time I dont think we would be very surprised if he had in fact been medicated at one point in his life.  and there is absolutely nothing wrong with taking meds for depression or bipolar or ANYTHING that you and your doctor have agreed to. 

So if he has taken meds and had experienced some side effects than so be it.  I truly hope it helped.   If the benefits outweighed the side effects then I'm happy for him.  We all live once and deserve to be happy.  Axl isnt a puppet who must look, act and sound the way society wants him to. He is his own person and if he's happy with himself than I'm happy for him.  Too few people actually have the balls to be true to themselves.  Good for him and it's really cool he took that pic with a huge fan.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chester 524 said:

for all the message board doctors out there or anyone who is questioning weight gain in meds: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/bipolar-disorder/expert-answers/bipolar-medications-and-weight-gain/faq-20058043

or just talk to ANY DOCTOR.  

I think it's been made clear, at least in my posts, that I am not a doctor but I do know what is like to take or administrate to others these type of medicines.

I don't know why you are linking to an article related to bipolar disorder, if at the same time you are saying it is irresponsible to diagnose Axl with any kind of mood disorder :rolleyes:

Either way, your article says exactly where I've been posting here, so I'll highlight it:

"Bipolar disorder can be treated with a number of medications. Some of these medications can increase your appetite or cause changes in metabolism leading to weight gain."
"[...] Whether a certain medication will cause weight gain or other side effects varies from person to person."
* "[...] Some of these medications may be less likely to cause weight gain when taken alone, but many people need more than one medication to control bipolar symptoms.
"[...] If weight gain is an issue, ask your psychiatric care professional for advice on strategies to manage it. Healthy eating, keeping physically active and getting psychological counseling (psychotherapy) can all help."

* I would also add here that it is quite likely that a person in their late 50's is also taking different types of medicine for other of typical medical conditions that appear in that age gap, and many of them can cause more appetite as well.

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

I think it's been made clear, at least in my posts, that I am not a doctor but I do know what is like to take or administrate to others these type of medicines.

I don't know why you are linking to an article related to bipolar disorder, if at the same time you are saying it is irresponsible to diagnose Axl with any kind of mood disorder :rolleyes:

Either way, your article says exactly where I've been posting here, so I'll highlight it:

"Bipolar disorder can be treated with a number of medications. Some of these medications can increase your appetite or cause changes in metabolism leading to weight gain."
"[...] Whether a certain medication will cause weight gain or other side effects varies from person to person."
* "[...] Some of these medications may be less likely to cause weight gain when taken alone, but many people need more than one medication to control bipolar symptoms.
"[...] If weight gain is an issue, ask your psychiatric care professional for advice on strategies to manage it. Healthy eating, keeping physically active and getting psychological counseling (psychotherapy) can all help."

* I would also add here that it is quite likely that a person in their late 50's is also taking different types of medicine for other of typical medical conditions that appear in that age gap, and many of them can cause more appetite as well.

hey my post was to support you.  didnt mean to offend.  bipolar meds can also be used for mood disorders in some cases

• Thanks 1

All I'm saying is the guy obviously had some issues in his heyday and disappeared for nearly a decade at the height of his fame/career and spent 12 years working on an album and disappeared again when it was finally released. I think it's fair to say the guy was going through some shit and probably looked it at times.

The guy went from biggest badass to a huge dork in 4 short years. 

Perhaps the break up was for the best.  As pathetic as he is now, so many years have been removed from their prime years that it does not tarnish their legacy. Imagine GNR coming back in 98-99 with this version of Axl? It would have been disastrous. He did come back in 2001, but it was just solo band. so no damage done.

I am actually glad that we get to remember them as they were in the early 90's.  The "reunion" of 2016 does not count.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

I have kidney transplant and i got alot of cortisone at the beginning. I got alot of weight and i got a "moon face" because of the cushing's syndrome. When i look at current Axl Rose, it reminds me of cushing's syndrom. Fully face and body.. and thin arms and legs.. typical for cushing's syndrome

The thing is.. even with heavy meds you can fit yourself by a healthy food and sport and you will looks great and healthy even with cortisone and kidney transplant

• Like 2

On 21/11/2018 at 7:41 PM, Underhardy said:

We're in the minority, but damn right! The perfect mix of tone, range, rasp and clean highs with power.

Live era is one my favorite albums just 'cus we can imagine how WTJ, SCOM, Estranged, and even UTLH would have sound like in 98. 

so, was axl really in depression in 98?

@Blackstar, you know everything, so...

On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, soon said:

Some medications for metal health cause weight gain. Sometimes a lot. Sad if someone is taking care of themselves but gets accused of doing the opposite.

Agreed, I think a lot of what Axl's weight gain has been about is probably taking anti-depressants, with some of those drugs you could run all day and eat nothing but broccoli and grilled chicken and still balloon out

• GNFNR 1

On 11/23/2018 at 8:59 PM, SWINGTRADER said:

The guy went from biggest badass to a huge dork in 4 short years. 

Perhaps the break up was for the best.  As pathetic as he is now, so many years have been removed from their prime years that it does not tarnish their legacy. Imagine GNR coming back in 98-99 with this version of Axl? It would have been disastrous. He did come back in 2001, but it was just solo band. so no damage done.

I am actually glad that we get to remember them as they were in the early 90's.  The "reunion" of 2016 does not count.

Uh ... no. Axl returned in 2001 with Guns N' Roses, not a solo band. You can't argue facts. Do you also state emphatically the earth is flat and the US didn't land on t he moon? NITL certainly counts. I've been to several shows and it's been an amazing and wild ride. Last show I saw, GNR played for three and a half hours and it was glorious. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GnR Chris said:

Uh ... no. Axl returned in 2001 with Guns N' Roses, not a solo band. You can't argue facts. Do you also state emphatically the earth is flat and the US didn't land on t he moon? NITL certainly counts. I've been to several shows and it's been an amazing and wild ride. Last show I saw, GNR played for three and a half hours and it was glorious. 

solo band  :bitchfight:

On 11/25/2018 at 10:01 AM, NeonKinight said:

Live era is one my favorite albums just 'cus we can imagine how WTJ, SCOM, Estranged, and even UTLH would have sound like in 98. 

so, was axl really in depression in 98?

@Blackstar, you know everything, so...

i interviewed youth who worked with axl in 98 and he said he thought axl was depressed. 

On 20/11/2018 at 9:38 PM, killuridols said:

I kinda disagree..... but it's just my opinion, of course. I don't like the way he looked in 1994, in that RNR Hall of Fame night, he looks like out of himself and his hair is falling already.

If this picture is from July, 1998.... his arrest in Phoenix was in February 1998 too, right? And in the mugshot he isn't wearing anything on the head, although his hair looks quite strange, like an implant or something.

296.jpg

The serious look is the same, though.....

IMO, the drastic change in looks begin around 1999... when he was attending that sport shows and he is interviewed by some reporter. That's a complete different Axl, in all senses.

His hair is shorter so it looks like it's combed in both directions. Just a different haircut. I have natural hair implants (they're made of my own hair from other areas of my head), and although it's a little different from having the fake hair plants that they used to do in the 90's with fake hair. I don't think that looks like a hair implant at all.

On the other hand Axl looks like he has crying before he took the picture (take a look at his left eye). His face looks a little bit fuller than when he was touring in 93 or 94, which is normal... when you're touring you're constantly exercising, so he was more in shape than he was in that pic.