New photo of Axl Rose in 1998 surfaces

7 hours ago, sidman69 said:

he thought axl was depressed because he slept during the day. Here's the rest of the inteview. This guy is insanely hard to track down and interview by far the hardest interview to setup.

I always thought and was published in interviews that axl slept during the day because he worked at night. Guess thats maybe when he most productive?

On 11/22/2018 at 3:23 AM, killuridols said:

First, none of us here can affirm that he is taking medication for mental health, so talking like that is a bit irresponsible.

So is speculating about his appearance when nobody really knows the reasons for the seemingly drastic changes.  But that doesn't seem to be stopping anybody.

On 11/30/2018 at 7:58 AM, GnR Chris said:

Uh ... no. Axl returned in 2001 with Guns N' Roses, not a solo band. You can't argue facts.

Heed your own advice. Cause you're arguing against facts.

While it is certainly a fact the band that surfaced around AXL in 2001 was using the GN'R name (due to a legal technicality), it is also a fact that there was only 1 member from that band that actually created their previous work. You know, the albums/songs that actually made the GN'R name famous in the first place.

I think some people are under the illusion (pun intended) that GN'R or any band for that matter is like some type of sports franchise where players come and go for decades and decades and work under the same team name.

If Hall and Oates had ever broken up, nobody would have taken either one of them seriously if they went out on tour with some yahoo nobody knew all while using the same band name. Sonny and Cher weren't Sonny and Cher w/o Sonny or Cher.

In the case of GN'R, it's been argued for 2 decades who the most important pieces really are. Is GN'R just AXL and SLASH? Is it AXL and IZZY? Is it AXL, SLASH and IZZY? AXL, SLASH, and DUFF? Or is it the original AFD 5 and nothing else??

What ever side an individual fan is inclined to fall on, what is universally accepted is that GN'R is not just one person. Never was, never will be. So what rolled out on stage in 2001 was in no way GN'R. It was no different than what SLASH, DUFF and IZZY were doing on their own except that they never would have had the hubris to refer to it as GN'R even if they owned the name. That's precisely why CD is referred to as a solo record, regardless what the packaging says.

If Mars Inc. started taking M&M's packaging and wrapping it around a Twix bar, nobody would be fooled. And nobody would refer to it as M&M's.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

A bit harsh mate. Would you say that to him in-person?

Who, Axl Rose?  Well...no, that'd be a bit random wouldn't it, on the weird off chance that a nobody from the south east of England happened to bump into Axl Rose...and then him actually care to talk to me, it'd be a difficult one to work into the conversation though I must say after this I shall endeavour to do so if I ever encounter him :lol:

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Leonard: Oh, hi, Axl.
Axl: Oh, hi, Leonard.
Leonard: What are you doing here? How's it going?
Axl: I'm going on a stroll to meet someone. Pretty good.
Leonard: That's cool.
Axl: Have a nice day man.
Leonard: Yeah you too. You're not as hot as you once were.
Axl: What you say?!
Leonard:*runs away*

:lol:

How does he know my name?  Or rather my MyGnR forum handle :lol:  What has he got like a little black book, a list of enemies like Richard Nixon, including but not limited to names, addresses and passport sized photos of everyone that ever called him a cunt on the forum :lol:

On 12/6/2018 at 3:49 AM, thunderram said:

In the case of GN'R, it's been argued for 2 decades who the most important pieces really are. Is GN'R just AXL and SLASH? Is it AXL and IZZY? Is it AXL, SLASH and IZZY? AXL, SLASH, and DUFF? Or is it the original AFD 5 and nothing else??

What ever side an individual fan is inclined to fall on, what is universally accepted is that GN'R is not just one person. Never was, never will be. So what rolled out on stage in 2001 was in no way GN'R. It was no different than what SLASH, DUFF and IZZY were doing on their own except that they never would have had the hubris to refer to it as GN'R even if they owned the name. That's precisely why CD is referred to as a solo record, regardless what the packaging says.

Chinese Democracy was a collaborative record written by members of Guns N' Roses. Guns N' Roses continue to play CD songs on their current NITL tour and Slash and Duff have both acknowledged those are GNR songs.

There was no legally technicality. Axl co-founded Guns N' Roses. Everyone else from the classic five walked away (except obviously Adler, who was fired). Duff, Izzy, Slash all signed away those rights. That lineup in 2001 isn't what made GNR a household name. That lineup isn't what people think about when they think Guns N' Roses. But that lineup was also Guns N' Roses.

Why do people get all butthurt about it? GNR has always had a revolving door of musicians going back to the original lineup with Tracii Guns through Illusions when they added Gilby and Sorum. 

Edited by GnR Chris
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

To the general public, GNR = Axl and Slash (a bonus member like Duff helps to "sell" the authenticity) 

To mainly Axl fans GNR = Axl and only Axl

To old school fans GNR = The majority of what made Guns N' Roses from 1987-1993

To me GNR = I don't care anymore what they call it

EDIT- I still cannot fathom how people have a hard time wrapping their brains around some people not accepting Axl only lineups as the same GNR that existed in the old days. It is impossible, because it is LITERALLY a different band. It literally has no two members that featured on AfD. Its GNR in name, and I call it GNR. I don't care, but how do you not see where people are coming from? 

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Does anyone seriously think that Axl would've gotten where he is now without the other 4 of the classic lineup?  For example, if he was in a band, where he would've been the only one responsible for songwriting?  I don't believe that for a second. I'm not trying to belittle the guy. He is unique, the voice (well at least in the past), the talent, the charisma. I don't think there's another Axl Rose in this world. But still... there are bands that can revolve around one person, while everyone else  is expendable.  Gn'R is not one of those bands. 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle guns n roses classic lineup

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

On 12/6/2018 at 4:46 AM, Len Cnut said:

Who, Axl Rose?  Well...no, that'd be a bit random wouldn't it, on the weird off chance that a nobody from the south east of England happened to bump into Axl Rose...and then him actually care to talk to me, it'd be a difficult one to work into the conversation though I must say after this I shall endeavour to do so if I ever encounter him :lol:

Hahahaha!!! This has me rolling

2 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Does anyone seriously think that Axl would've gotten where he is now without the other 4 of the classic lineup?  For example, if he was in a band, where he would've been the only one responsible for songwriting?  I don't believe that for a second. I'm not trying to belittle the guy. He is unique, the voice (well at least in the past), the talent, the charisma. I don't think there's another Axl Rose in this world. But still... there are bands that can revolve around one person, while everyone else  is expendable.  Gn'R is not one of those bands. 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle guns n roses classic lineup

I think I know what you mean.  It's like the Village People; the native American dude and the construction worker were great but they couldn't have survived without the motorcycle cop. That guy was the heart and soul of the group. Btw, that doesn't look like the omnipresent bottle of Jack that Slash has in the photo, wonder what he was drinking that particular day.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I think I know what you mean.  It's like the Village People; the native American dude and the construction worker were great but they couldn't have survived without the motorcycle cop. That guy was the heart and soul of the group. 

Let's not get carried away here. I mean they are iconic and talented group of artists, but they are not Village People. Those guys are in the league of their own.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I think I know what you mean.  It's like the Village People; the native American dude and the construction worker were great but they couldn't have survived without the motorcycle cop. That guy was the heart and soul of the group. Btw, that doesn't look like the omnipresent bottle of Jack that Slash has in the photo, wonder what he was drinking that particular day.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, lame ass security said:

I have no idea why I thought of the Village People but I just ran with it.😄

Somehow they’re the cartoon version of the different characters in GnR 85-91. I totally get you. I’m serious. Question is. Who’s who.

• Haha 1