Duff Credited for Oh My God?

58 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Yeah, he told Arnie to stop pumping iron to look like a baddass and "just try acting dear boy". :lol: 

says the man who used to have to be tanked up to the gills half the time before he could get onstage :lol:  Arnie never made a decent film after True Lies.

Edited by Len Cnut

This has always been one of my favorite Guns songs. Axl's lyrics are killer!

I would love to hear a 2001-2002 era version of this track as Bucket would completely own it.

Was there not a story about Duff having heard Oh My God in it's infancy? He left around the time it was being worked on. I may have made it up, lol.

8 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

This has always been one of my favorite Guns songs. Axl's lyrics are killer!

I would love to hear a 2001-2002 era version of this track as Bucket would completely own it.

Was there not a story about Duff having heard Oh My God in it's infancy? He left around the time it was being worked on. I may have made it up, lol.

"Axl Rose claimed that former members Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum ‘failed to see the potential’ of the song and had no interest in recording or playing the piece."

I think after OMG was released Sorum said he liked it. It's interesting that Axl said Slash and Duff were totally against working on November Rain and Estranged and refused to work on those at first. Sorum didn't understand why they were working on a tune like November Rain when he first joined the band and entered the studio. he said in the behind the music thing he thought he joined a rock n' roll band. "what's with the piano?"

later he said that suddenly november rain was this huge thing for the band.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1