Happy 10th Anniversary to Chinese Democracy!

3 minutes ago, DeadSlash said:

That's pretty crazy because that is almost exactly how mine went down.  It had snowed like 3 days earlier, but the roads were dry, then out of nowhere, it was a massive patch of ice covering both lanes.  I slid as far as I did without hitting anything because it was an extremely wide grassy divide between lanes.

We need a PSA on not listening to this album in inclement weather, in a Ford.

Haha, wow that is exactly how my situation went down. Fairly clear roads, but plenty of snow around.  Started fish tailing when over an icy bridge and couldn't get out of it and after the bridge went into the low median between the east and west lanes.  Before I went off the road into the grass/snow/muck at the bottom of the valley I was between a semi and a guard rail. Semi passed me, then I was all clear to slide off the road into the median where a tow truck stopped a few minutes after and pulled me out for $20 cash.  Cop let me off with a warning too. Not a bad deal for me. 

I rock to GNR tunes in my 2005 4x4 Explorer snow tank all the time in terrible weather, so no lesson learned for me yet! Except not to drive a 2x4 Ranger in poor road conditions.  Haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasted said:

I suppose I’ve avoided The General (The Blues), Seven (Madagascar), Thyme (There was a Time), Leave Me Alone (Prostitute). 

I haven’t seen much about Zodiac, Quick Song, Ides of March which were all confirmed as real titles. 

There’s also a theory that Jackie Chan aka The General aka No Love Remains? 

Axl confirmed on HTGTH that Leave Me Alone was the working title for Soul Monster

Edited by ApacheChief42

2 minutes ago, wasted said:

I suppose I’ve avoided The General (The Blues), Seven (Madagascar), Thyme (There was a Time), Leave Me Alone (Prostitute). 

I haven’t seen much about Zodiac, Quick Song, Ides of March which were all confirmed as real titles. 

There’s also a theory that Jackie Chan aka The General aka No Love Remains? 

Of the songs you named, I can confirm Thyme, The General, and JChan are all their own unique songs and were not on the album that was released over 10 years ago.

Zodiac, Quick Song, and Ides of March were confirmed by Axl, but I did not see them on the list for consideration (by those names) of the follow-up album to Chinese Democracy. This was several years ago though, I'm sure the shuffle of tracks for the new album have changed some since then. 

21 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Beltrami worked on Seven and I'd want at least one Izzy tune. If Izzy won't be a part of it, I'd throw in Down By The Ocean as well. If Axl asked Izzy for it must be an AAA track.

Edit: Seven is an Axl orchestra tune so that's on the wasted list already. so just Down By The Ocean and it's cool. The General also with an orchestra? there's also Leave Me Alone according to Beltrami. A Big win is coming.

It’s hard to say which tracks are real. At some point there was a Beltami quote saying he worked on 8 tracks but recent quotes refer to the 4 on CD.

Madagascar has a Seven quote in it though. 

I just think with Axl talking about soundtracks and Pirates of the Caribean soundtrack, it would be a good way to close side 1 and 2. 

Then each side needs a couple new Slash/Duff tracks. 2 cd era tracks. An Izzy song and a cover. 7 tracks per side. I think in terms of tape. But you could vinylize it. 

3 minutes ago, ApacheChief42 said:

Axl confirmed on HTGTH that Leave Me Alone was the working title for Soul Monster

There is a theory that Atlas Shrugged is Catcher in the Rye

Yeah I think I might of had that theory until Ron said he put a solo on Atlas and it was almost on CD. 

I remember that now. Which led me to think there must be at least one more Beltrami track. Or is Soul Monster aka Prostitute? 

I think Axl must have a couple of epics knocking around, something he’s working on a piano. Then there’s this soundtrack element. 

20 minutes ago, wasted said:

Yeah I think I might of had that theory until Ron said he put a solo on Atlas and it was almost on CD. 

I remember that now. Which led me to think there must be at least one more Beltrami track. Or is Soul Monster aka Prostitute? 

I think Axl must have a couple of epics knocking around, something he’s working on a piano. Then there’s this soundtrack element. 

Beltrami did work on 4 tunes if I understand correctly. Seven, Thyme, The General, and Leave Me Alone (aka Soul Monster?) I think those are real. Then Berlin, Atlas, Down By The Ocean, Jackie Chan.

Axl confirmed in the chats Ides Of March, Quick Song, and Zodiac were also real. those are 11 unreleased tunes that we "know" of.

Edited by Rovim

20 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Of the songs you named, I can confirm Thyme, The General, and JChan are all their own unique songs and were not on the album that was released over 10 years ago.

Zodiac, Quick Song, and Ides of March were confirmed by Axl, but I did not see them on the list for consideration (by those names) of the follow-up album to Chinese Democracy. This was several years ago though, I'm sure the shuffle of tracks for the new album have changed some since then. 

How do you explain Beltrami working on 4 tracks two of which were called The General and Thyme?

Then 4 tracks appear on CD with Beltrami credits. Not counting TIL. 

It leads me back to him working on 7 tracks: SoD, Twat, Madagascar, Prostitute, The General, Thyme, Leave Me Alone aka Soul Monster. Maybe Seven too and TIL - that’s 9 tracks. 

Jackie is definite seperate track. 

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Beltrami did work on 4 tunes if I understand correctly. Seven, Thyme, The General, and Leave Me Alone (aka Soul Monster?) I think those are real. Then Berlin, Atlas, Down By The Ocean, Jackie Chan.

Axl confirmed in the chats Ides Of March, Quick Song, and Zodiac were also real. those are 11 unreleased tunes that we "know" of.

Don't forget the ones MSL talked about. Cuban Skies, Light My Fire, Monstrosity, Soul Monster, and Tonto. Maybe lump Going Down, OMG, and Silkworms even though we already heard them.

So that's 16 (or 19) tracks

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

If he worked on 4 tracks and 4 are on CD how are they not SOD, Twat, mad, pros? I’m not the Columbo of hair metal for nothing. 3 were A listed tracks. So if they aren’t then there’s 3 A listed Orchestra tracks to come. 

I feel like Berlin, Atlas, Ocean, Jackie, March, Quick, Zodiac are real for sure. 

7 minutes ago, wasted said:

If he worked on 4 tracks and 4 are on CD how are they not SOD, Twat, mad, pros? I’m not the Columbo of hair metal for nothing. 3 were A listed tracks. So if they aren’t then there’s 3 A listed Orchestra tracks to come. 

I feel like Berlin, Atlas, Ocean, Jackie, March, Quick, Zodiac are real for sure. 

but do you think Soul Monster, Seven, Thyme, and The General are not distinct tunes? the numbers don't add up cause Beltrami said he worked on 4. maybe he was high so it's hard to say for sure what is it

19 minutes ago, wafflehead said:

Don't forget the ones MSL talked about. Cuban Skies, Light My Fire, Monstrosity, Soul Monster, and Tonto. Maybe lump Going Down, OMG, and Silkworms even though we already heard them.

So that's 16 (or 19) tracks

There’s a 14 track album of confirmed tracks. 

I think Tonto ended up on a Fortus related side project? Monstrosity is fake but not a bad album title. Cuban Skies is either fake or a drum solo?

Chinese Democracy 2020 aka Not In This Lifetime

1. Jackie Chan

2. Berlin

3. The Seeker

4. Atlas Shrugged

5. Down by the Ocean

6. Zodiac

7. Seven

8. Oh My God

9. Silkworms

10. Going Down

11. Quick Song

12. Soul Monster

13. Wichita Lineman

14. Ides of March

Edited by wasted

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

but do you think Soul Monster, Seven, Thyme, and The General are not distinct tunes? the numbers don't add up cause Beltrami said he worked on 4. maybe he was high so it's hard to say for sure what is it

I think Soul Monster has more evidence it’s a new track, Axl said it was most Sabbath thing they’ve done. 

The others Axl confirmed as real titles. But It doesn’t gel with the credits of CD. So there’s more doubt there. I need the 7 song Beltrami quote. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wasted said:

There’s a 14 track album of confirmed tracks. 

I think Tonto ended up on a Fortus related side project? Monstrosity is fake but not a bad album title. Cuban Skies is either fake or a drum solo?

Chinese Democracy 2020

1. Jackie Chan

2. Berlin

3. The Seeker

4. Atlas Shrugged

5. Down by the Ocean

6. Zodiac

7. Seven

8. Oh My God

9. Silkworms

10. Going Down

11. Quick Song

12. Soul Monster

13. Wichita Lineman

14. Ides of March

MSL talked about Going Down before it appeared on the RIR setlist. Unless MSL lied and got really fucking lucky I’ll say the tracks, or at the bare minimum the song titles, are real

1 minute ago, wafflehead said:

MSL talked about Going Down before it appeared on the RIR setlist. Unless MSL lied and got really fucking lucky I’ll say the tracks, or at the bare minimum the song titles, are real

I think he admitted they were partially fake. Axl didn’t confirm them as real titles in the chats. 

49 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Word on the street is Seven was named such because seven members of the band at the time worked on it. 

Also the title track of their 7th sudio album?

Maybe even track 7 of CD - There was a Time. 

But there’s a Se7en quote on Madagascar. 

12 minutes ago, wasted said:

I think he admitted they were partially fake. Axl didn’t confirm them as real titles in the chats. 

I just checked, they weren’t mentioned in the “Axl are these songs real or not” question

Just release an album so we can find out whose right

30 minutes ago, wasted said:

How do you explain Beltrami working on 4 tracks two of which were called The General and Thyme?

Then 4 tracks appear on CD with Beltrami credits. Not counting TIL. 

It leads me back to him working on 7 tracks: SoD, Twat, Madagascar, Prostitute, The General, Thyme, Leave Me Alone aka Soul Monster. Maybe Seven too and TIL - that’s 9 tracks. 

Jackie is definite seperate track. 

Who knows.  All I know are Thyme and The General are not songs that were on Chinese Democracy. They are unreleased as of this post. The should be especially apparent for The General. I'm not sure why anyone would even argue that. The General is not Jackie Chan either.

As mentioned earlier here, Cuban Skies, Light My Fire, Monstrosity, Soul Monster, and Tonto are also unreleased Guns N' Roses songs considered at one point to be in the followup to Chinese Democracy. 

Atlas is also it's own song, not Catcher. Atlas has not been released yet. 

For heaven's sake, you will believe me when the album drops, and also will find a new song title hidden (rather poorly) in this post when you hear it.

1 minute ago, wafflehead said:

I just checked, they weren’t mentioned in the “Axl are these songs real or not” question

Just release an album so we can find out whose right

They were not mentioned because no one asked Axl to confirm their existence.

It's not like Axl is going to provide a list of 60+ new songs when asked if a handful were real. 

I seriously thought we were past the days of the "I know more than you do, I'm in insider" posts. 

Call it throw back to 2004, I guess? 

Edit-

I would appear the actual topic of the thread has run its course, so we'll just close it here. If anyone wants to continue speculating on anything to do with the next album, maybe start a thread in The Jungle for now. If / when any claims can be confirmed by the Mods & Admins, we can move that discussion to the main forum. 

• Like 2