Happy 25th Anniversary to The Spaghetti Incident!

Only Guns would name an album after something that came up in litigation :lol:

Great Album! There's a few tracks that flop, imo. But when its on, it is on! There's some very tasty dual guitar interplay in Human Being. Duff laid off the chorus pedal finally! Huge drums. Gilbys' acoustic guitar arrangement and performance on SIDHY is delectable. Axl vocals are all great, but he's nearly crooning on SIDHY, it's the only time I can bring to mind that we hear that timbre? Its fantastic!

I have the cd that was made to look like a 45. I find it tacky.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

The problem is that they tried to do an album of punk covers but like...highly produced.  Half of the power of songs like New Rose and Raw Power and Human Being is how fuckin' raw and loose the original recordings were, they fuckin' ruined em as covers.  Guns never seemed to know what their strengths were...covering punk songs is not one of them.  SIDHU was great.

LOL. Yeah, I eagerly waited for this shit too and got utterly disappointed...

'Ain't it fun' and 'Black Leather' became my favs. Never liked SIDHY, makes me cringe at Axl's voice singing this type of song :shrugs:

And I also kinda liked the Manson song until I found out it was a Manson song :facepalm:

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 1

I dont remember this being advertised in the media with any release date ......though i did buy it on cassette. The last time axl did his grandoise music video for sidhy. The production on this album stands out. Wish illusions was like this.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

Songs that are good for GnR to cover is like...Jumpin' Jack Flash.  Something with a more pure rock n roll feel.  They excel at that shit.  Or AC/DC songs cuz they're hard, they have that energy but they're kinda a little ridgid too so when a band like GnR cover them they bring a looser quality to them, like Whole Lotta Rosie, which I feel they just knocked out of the fuckin' park.  As a band, the musicians, they sound like rock n blues they could cover the fuck out of but Axls vocals wouldn't always do all of those kinds of tracks justice so you'd have to pick and choose. 

I was in bootcamp when this came out and my buddy mailed me a cassette... I like it.. It isn't perfect but overall it was good for what it was.. Just a cover album to tide us over until the next album.. Who knew we would still be waiting. 

SIDHY, Down On The Farm, Ain't It Fun, Buick Makane, Hair Of The Dog, Black Leather, I Don't Care About You and Look at Your Game girl are all awesome...

Aside from maybe Attitude the Duff songs kind of boring weak.. 

Human Being and You Can't Out Your Arms around a memory are my least favorite..

I always assumed this was just the UYI lineup on here but I just read an interview that made it sound like Izzy is on there too. Wiki also shows Izzy on there as uncredited. Anyone know anything more about hat and what songs he may have played on?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I was in bootcamp when this came out and my buddy mailed me a cassette... I like it.. It isn't perfect but overall it was good for what it was.. Just a cover album to tide us over until the next album.. Who knew we would still be waiting

SIDHY, Down On The Farm, Ain't It Fun, Buick Makane, Hair Of The Dog, Black Leather, I Don't Care About You and Look at Your Game girl are all awesome...

Aside from maybe Attitude the Duff songs kind of boring weak.. 

Human Being and You Can't Out Your Arms around a memory are my least favorite..

I always assumed this was just the UYI lineup on here but I just read an interview that made it sound like Izzy is on there too. Wiki also shows Izzy on there as uncredited. Anyone know anything more about hat and what songs he may have played on?

That is the problem really: it was their swan song, their Schwanengesang.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I bought TSI and Metallica - Binge & Purge on the same day. I never really got into TSI but I get what others see in it. 

I still like TSI, and Binge & Purge is fucking incredible. My personal favorite Metallica concert is Seattle 89, but the others are good too.

10 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

I still like TSI, and Binge & Purge is fucking incredible. My personal favorite Metallica concert is Seattle 89, but the others are good too.

I wish they'd released that as some sort of vibtl set. I know it would be pricey, but many people would grab it. 

TSI? was the first GNR album I got on vinyl, and one of the first vinyl records I ever bought actually. It's arguably the best they ever sounded, production-wise. There's some real gems on that record, like Since I Don't Have You, Ain't It Fun, Black Leather, and some 'fun' covers like Hair Of The Dog, I Don't Care About You, or Human Being, but overall it's very 'hit or miss', the songs are either good or they totally suck. Still, it's a nice record for what it was supposed to be; something that comes out at the end of a tour, to tide people over til the next album.

I can understand  why it is dismissed by musical elitists: all cover songs, too much swearing, too much power chords.

I see an album full of great songs, great humour and absolute guitar bliss throughout. it's punchy and I like it.

it's not beethoven's 9th symphony, but I don't think anyone should have been expecting that, with that spaghetti cover (it was even canned spaghetti, since there were no meatballs or peppers. just spaghetti with red sauce. disgusting)

• Like 1