Happy 25th Anniversary to The Spaghetti Incident!

It's definitely one of those releases I never remember liking as much as I do when I put it on, but then I never return to it. It is their best sounding release, and makes me bummed out considering that the hard tracks on UYI could have sounded that way or wondering what a mid 90's gnr album would have been with more modern production.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Aside from maybe Attitude the Duff songs kind of boring weak..

See, different tastes for different people. I LOVE the Duff tracks and think that Attitude sounds weak out of them all, at least compared to the live version. 

Raw Power has that gloriously greasy sloppy Slash riffing that I love, and has a killer groove too, and that drumming...!

That and New Rose just pump me up so much, I love them!

• Like 2

Illusion would be the last decent album. Illusion would in fact be both the last great and last decent album as Guns never really went from great to average in a similar manner to Black and Blue era Stones. Guns went from great to shite, bypassing the average stage altogether.

On 24.11.2018 at 4:55 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I was in bootcamp when this came out and my buddy mailed me a cassette... I like it.. It isn't perfect but overall it was good for what it was.. Just a cover album to tide us over until the next album.. Who knew we would still be waiting. 

SIDHY, Down On The Farm, Ain't It Fun, Buick Makane, Hair Of The Dog, Black Leather, I Don't Care About You and Look at Your Game girl are all awesome...

Aside from maybe Attitude the Duff songs kind of boring weak.. 

Human Being and You Can't Out Your Arms around a memory are my least favorite..

I always assumed this was just the UYI lineup on here but I just read an interview that made it sound like Izzy is on there too. Wiki also shows Izzy on there as uncredited. Anyone know anything more about hat and what songs he may have played on?

Was not overwhelmed when it came out but still like to listen to it.

A week ago I was lucky finding a first pressing vinyl in mint condition at my local store. It was not sealed but labelled as new and has zero wear.

Don't know if true but I think that I've read that all rhythm guitars were re-recorded by gilby but originally tracked by izzy. Would love to hear those versions one day

1 hour ago, bucketOtrouble said:

Don't know if true but I think that I've read that all rhythm guitars were re-recorded by gilby but originally tracked by izzy. Would love to hear those versions one day

I thought I just read somewhere that Gilby re-recorded some of Izzy's parts but not all. Would love to know more and hear those original's as well!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I thought I just read somewhere that Gilby re-recorded some of Izzy's parts but not all. Would love to know more and hear those original's as well!

It is true. A fan bought / received the cassette tapes more than 10 years ago and posted them here and other forums. This link explains everything.

https://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/[flac]-guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion-sessions-rough-mixes-q-sound-mixes-92352.html

1. Estranged

2. Locomotive

3. Breakdown

4. The Garden

5. Black Leather

6. I Don't Care About You

7. Attitude

8. New Rose

9. 14 Years (with new Duff bass) - Alt. Lyrics & Ending

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 31illusions said:

It is true. A fan bought / received the cassette tapes more than 10 years ago and posted them here and other forums. This link explains everything.

https://www.guitars101.com/forums/f145/[flac]-guns-n-roses-use-your-illusion-sessions-rough-mixes-q-sound-mixes-92352.html

1. Estranged

2. Locomotive

3. Breakdown

4. The Garden

5. Black Leather

6. I Don't Care About You

7. Attitude

8. New Rose

9. 14 Years (with new Duff bass) - Alt. Lyrics & Ending

So do we know what songs on TSI that Izzy appears on the final mix of?

So do we know what songs on TSI that Izzy appears on the final mix of?

Izzy was supposedly deleted. Although Wikipedia says he did play (uncredited) These demos are the only thing left with Izzy on it, but if you think about it, Slash played a lot of songs doing both lead and rhythm. So who knows how much Izzy is actually on these demos.

Edited by 31illusions
  • Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 10:53 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Illusion would be the last decent album. Illusion would in fact be both the last great and last decent album as Guns never really went from great to average in a similar manner to Black and Blue era Stones. Guns went from great to shite, bypassing the average stage altogether.

What was the shit phase, CD? I don’t believe you can call any phase of their actual recordings as shit.

• Like 1