Happy 25th Anniversary to The Spaghetti Incident!

On 22/01/2019 at 1:17 PM, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Only airplay in Australia was Since I Don't Have You which is in the bottom 3 tracks on the album IMO. I remember a black & white commercial promoting the release with a snippet of Hair of The Dog showing Axl live on an outdoor stage which I thought was weird at the time as it was sung live maybe 3 times but never on UYI tour. Great song.  

I loved that commercial, and it got me really pumped up about the release of TSI. And I’m one of the few who loved it then, and still love it now. Sure, it’s not an original GN’R album, but there are definitely some gems on there!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Come on! Shove Sticky Fingers or Let it Bleed up against Black And Blue and there is a demonstrable decline. They were poncing around with disco mid-late '70s. 

i think from its only rock'n'roll onwards .......they were stepping it up a notch all the way through to tattoo you. I dont think each album was better than the one before it but they just a good run of consistent albums.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, metallex78 said:

I listen to it more than Lies, and CD, so it doesn’t rank as the worst for me

I understand how some fans would like it more than CD (ok, not really, but..) but to like it more than Lies? Wow.

Cool thing about music, is everyone has different tastes!:headbang:

11 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Ill give them a pass as its a cover album. The worst to song would be sympathy for the devil. Mainly the harmonies are the worst.

I think you're right. I never listen to Sympathy..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, metallex78 said:

I loved that commercial, and it got me really pumped up about the release of TSI. And I’m one of the few who loved it then, and still love it now. Sure, it’s not an original GN’R album, but there are definitely some gems on there!

I never saw the commercial 😕

Edited by Sydney Fan

I remember buying the original cassette and hearing Duff singing all over the record. Back then i was very happy with that, and now even more. I love Loaded, Neurotic Outsiders and "Beautiful Disease".

Also, Black Leather, Down on the Farm, Ain't it Fun and Buick Mckane are some pretty nice highlights for me. I think TSI is just a great cover record, just like Ramones "Acid Eaters". 

Edited by fernomenoyde
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Such a bad ass song.. Making my work day a little better right now. Thank You  \m/

:D You're wellcome! :devilshades: i just made n ate tagliatelle incident. i  like them more then spaghetti :rolleyes: , with toMato, tunA n oniOns :D yummy!  

i like ur siGNature :devilshades: "They should all just get in a fucking boat and float straight to hell as far as I'm concerned" ~ Axl 1987 

im in hell, itz a nice place btw, so... rather taka a f(light), ;) itz easier :devilshades:

Edited by Anastazya
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I understand how some fans would like it more than CD (ok, not really, but..) but to like it more than Lies? Wow.

Cool thing about music, is everyone has different tastes!:headbang:

I think you're right. I never listen to Sympathy..

I said I listen to it more than Lies, not that it’s better. I do really like Lies, but TSI gets more listens from me these days. 

On 23/01/2019 at 3:25 AM, Tom-Ass said:

They used to play Ain't It Fun a bit around here too. 

Great track. Maybe played once here on radio which was an Edit anyway, same as Chinese Democracy & Shadow, when released played a few times then they vanish, I guess radio wants another Sweet Child. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Great track. Maybe played once here on radio which was an Edit anyway, same as Chinese Democracy & Shadow, when released played a few times then they vanish, I guess radio wants another Sweet Child. 

Shadow got quite a bit of airplay around here, It might still but I stopped listening for it. If I am listening to AM/FM radio in the car it is usually sports talk or the news and play shit from my phone when I want to listen to music.  Chinese Democracy got close to zero airplay around here aside from the day/night it was released when they played the whole album front to back. Everyone pretty much ripped it apart the next day and it was never heard again.

Speaking of Edits, I remember hearing them play "Get In the Ring" back in the day and edited all the swears out with Homer Simpson "Dohs" and stuff haha

• Haha 1

On 11/24/2018 at 9:01 PM, metallex78 said:

See, different tastes for different people. I LOVE the Duff tracks and think that Attitude sounds weak out of them all, at least compared to the live version. 

Raw Power has that gloriously greasy sloppy Slash riffing that I love, and has a killer groove too, and that drumming...!

That and New Rose just pump me up so much, I love them!

New Rose is so good. Always love it when Duff gets a chance at vocals.

I drew out the cover art and put it as the cover for my binder in school. Alot of my friends were either confused or laughed at it :monkey:

• Like 1

I managed to get a near mint copy of Spaghetti on Vinyl for just under £50 which is super cheap based on prices on Amazon and EBay. Which begs the question - why on earth is a band the size of GNR got one of the few albums they have out of print?????

On 2/2/2019 at 6:23 PM, Creed said:

Yeah. Horrible art cover, horrible choice of cover songs and the covers itself were just ok. Axl got weird with 'my world' and this album is just a continuation of it. 

I mean a tribute Album with no Elton John, no Queen, no AC/DC, no Lynyrd Skynyrd, no Jimi Hendrix, no Aerosmith? These were bands Axl and Slash were inspired by musically... 

TSI was a let down, but its still OK. Just mediocre compared to the other albums.

It's supposed to be a punk cover album. That was the general idea behind the album. AC/DC and the other acts you mentioned aren't punk.

On 2/2/2019 at 6:47 PM, Creed said:

SFTD sounds good in many parts, but there is just sth that doesn't right. And that sth is Paul Tobias. And we will have the same problem with Melissa, 4tus and Frank in the next album. They doesnt fit musically.

Do you even know which part Paul plays on SFTD?

This album came out at such a dark time in terms of what was going on with the band and their future.  When I bought it I think I may have listened to it 2-3 times then shelved it.  It was a frustrating time to be a G N' R fan.

I like the album much more now than I did then but for some reason, it still brings up memories of the band's demise.