Attention guitar players!

A few years back, @OmarBradley put together a tone competition which was pretty fun. It was a great way for us to share our playing and gear. I was wondering if thered be an interest in doing something like this again?

@OmarBradley

@Chewbacca

@TeeJay410

@Silverburst80

@SoundOfAGun

@Aslat @AslatIE

@Klay

@AxlisOld

@Gibson_Guy87

@soon

@Towelie

@James Bond

@DK6

@EvanG

@uncivil war

@The Glow Inc.

@Iron MikeyJ

@Rovim

And of course anyone else I'm missing!

Any takers?

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

Cool, let's do it. I'll organize/adjudicate again. We'll need some other judges too. If anyone wants to volunteer to be a judge, PM me or reply. Otherwise I'll reach out to some people.

Since we did this once before, getting it started shouldn't be too difficult. I should have some time to get the starting post up tomorrow or Monday.

• Like 1

So to "try" and be involved I CAN post this. It's an older recording and contains the "whole" band, although I edited out the vocals and just left the instrumental parts. It's also my channel trailer for my YouTube page, so the video isnt really appropriate for this contest, lol. But it's the best I can do given the circumstances. It IS me on lead guitar, so you can get a "feel" for my tone, lol.

• Like 1

Hey thanks for the invite! This time of year is very hectic with work including the weekends so i haven't got alot of spare time, can't really commit to anything but i'll do my best to try putting something together. I put a few short clips of my Mesa Mark V 25 up a few months ago in the Gear thread which you can use....i'd only had the head about a week though and i've dialed it in far more since then and it's not my best playing either haha

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

I'll look forward to participating next time. I had been hoping to submit some previous studio recordings because making new recordings isn't currently feasible. Totally fair rule, not complaining!

I'm still excited to watch the tournie and it sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck everyone! I'm coming for ya next time! :lol:

Edited by soon

5 hours ago, soon said:

I'll look forward to participating next time. I had been hoping to submit some previous studio recordings because making new recordings isn't currently feasible. Totally fair rule, not complaining!

I'm still excited to watch the tournie and it sounds like a lot of fun. Good luck everyone! I'm coming for ya next time! :lol:

If your recording(s) meet the rest of the requirements (no serious mixing/guitar only/etc.), the judges may make an exception. PM me what you have and we'll let you know.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

If your recording(s) meet the rest of the requirements (no serious mixing/guitar only/etc.), the judges may make an exception. PM me what you have and we'll let you know.

Thanks for trying to sort me. But anything I can think of is full band ensemble playing, mixed and mastered. If I find anything in that range of requirements I will pm. Thanks!