People Just Do Nothing

Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You need to check it out man, its hilairious i promise you.  I'm stunned at the lack of responses to this thread, its sort of the big show of the day.

Yeah, the clips I've seen are so funny! You are on a roll after introducing me to Farmer Michael - been watching those and keeling over laughing.

Heres what I see on YT. Are these webisodes the series itself, or are they additions to longer episodes?

Also cracks me up how much the guy on right looks like the conservative commentator Ben Shapiro.

8 minutes ago, soon said:

Yeah, the clips I've seen are so funny! You are on a roll after introducing me to Farmer Michael - been watching those and keeling over laughing.

Heres what I see on YT. Are these webisodes the series itself, or are they additions to longer episodes?

Also cracks me up how much the guy on right looks like the conservative commentator Ben Shapiro.

Shit, he does look like Ben Shapiro as well :lol:  Nah the webisodes ain't the thing, the thing is the proper TV show episodes.  Get on it though man, I promise you'll like it. 

20 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Shit, he does look like Ben Shapiro as well :lol:  Nah the webisodes ain't the thing, the thing is the proper TV show episodes.  Get on it though man, I promise you'll like it. 

Success! First 4 seasons are on Netflix and season 5 is currently on YT. I just had a a chance to glimpse the first few minutes. Up to:

"So, what was Miche like when you first met?"

"Ah, she was beautiful when I first met her.... It's mad to think that.... But yeah, I still like her and that, so...." :lol:

I see what you mean about The Office. Have you seen Trailer Park Boys? I see a bit of that too, which I love.

Really enjoyed ep 1. If you take the same satirical lens with a real human warmth like People Just Do Nothing has and apply it to stereotypes where I grew up, I think it looks like this:

I swear its the same type of thing, even though it comes across so differently.

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

Advertising copywriter but it’s nothing to be proud of. I think drinking might actually be more valuable. 

Still, you are living and working in an exotic country far away from home, learning a new culture, that's worth something and it's an experience a lot of people never get.

7 hours ago, EvanG said:

I guess, I wouldn't know, I've studied abroad and travelled a lot and I'm grateful for all of it, but I've never been away from home for more than a few years in total.

I lived in Europe, the US, the UK before I was 11 so I’m used to moving. At somepoint I spoke French with an American accent. But I do remember working in some job in the UK and just thinking I’m leaving. I wanted see more of the world. Some people go on holiday, I just move countries. Culturally there are differences in Asia but you start to block them out so you don’t go insane. China isn’t that different from the US in a way, lifestyle wise, especially in cities. I’ve seen that change I guess. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

My daughter watches it, does that count? ;)

What I can deduce from this is that this is either a forum populated by out of touch old duffers that think Kappa trackie bottoms are contemporary or I'm that sad approaching middle age guy that watches shit outside of his age groups normal parameters :lol: