Not In This Lifetime Tour: Best Moments

the Troubadour for me was an anti-climax as we got so little footage at the time. it was a case of we got to the end of a long wait only to find out we had to wait longer to see the videos emerge. we needed Fede centre stage that day.

after the Berlin "problems" in 2018 i was dreading the download festival as it was only several days later but it turned out to be the best, it was far better than London the year before.

Rocket queen is one of the best GN'R songs but these extended versions on the NITL have become a bore.

Slash has had some criticism on this forum for his long sustained jungle intros but i love them, that teasing us before we all go mental has been one of the highlights for me.

• Like 1

Definitely agreed on the Houston show. That show was phenomenal.

It's also a crying shame that Fernando's basically said that we'll never get the Troubadour show on BluRay, despite the fact the entire show was professionally recorded. The entire lead-up to that show was probably the most excited I'd ever seen the GNR community.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MildlyArtistic said:

It's also a crying shame that Fernando's basically said that we'll never get the Troubadour show on BluRay, despite the fact the entire show was professionally recorded. The entire lead-up to that show was probably the most excited I'd ever seen the GNR community.

I don't know if I want to get that show on BluRay to be honest :lol: Axl's performance was horrible that night.

I would prefer to get the build up to that show (rehearsals, the night before, the announcement, etc) as a documentary, or as an intro/extra to a NITL best-of BluRay. Maybe It's So Easy from that night but that's it

• Like 2

I agree with all of the above, but also have to add Nashville, as my personal favorite. It was my first time seeing Axl,Slash,and Duff together and I was in the pit. The show gave me chills because I never thought I would ever see them together. It gave me flashbacks to when I was a kid and it was a really strange feeling. Oh.... and Steven came out and fucking killed it.

5 minutes ago, MildlyArtistic said:

Not releasing a blue ray of the show, back where it all began,  is absolutely a stupid decision. It makes you wonder who makes the decisions. Hopefully ee get a kind of "best of highlights" on dvd of the various countries they played.

Edited by Sydney Fan

For me personally...

1. Seeing Prostitute played live. It's one of my absolute favorite songs ever and it was amazing to have heard it in person.

2. The entire 2016 NA leg. That was a great time to be a fan and the vibe on this forum was very positive. The tour was still fresh and there wasn't much to complain about aside from the setlist, but even then it wasn't that big of a deal. 

3. 2017 St. Louis show. I was at this one and I could just tell that Axl put a little extra effort into this show than he had with the others. It's still the best concert I've ever seen.

4. The Troubadour show. This one's self explanatory.

5. In Vegas, when Axl introduced Slash as "a man who needs no introduction but gets one anyways." 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Estranged in Mexico 2016 is a big moment for me. It was the first time I really felt how different it is with Slash. Axl was carrying out the notes beautifully here, Slash looking iconic, and then the rain hits on the second half of the song. Really cool moment and probably the best estranged performance since the 90’s. You could tell they were into it. 

And it’s my favorite song so it was great to see it get the justice it deserves 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

This I Love in Atlanta 2016 was my favorite moment. It was the first time I think Slash and Axl really connected on the solo and vocal crescendo before the piano solo. Axl seemed to acknowledge this with his smile and bow to slash. I only wish I had recorded the entire song from the beginning. 

On a side note... Notice how great Axl sounded in 2016! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

We are only one show away from the end of the Not In This Lifetime Tour. For me it was something incredible to see Axl and Slash share a stage together for the first time in my life. I thought it was something that was never going to happen. So I'll be posting my favorite moments of the tour, feel free to share yours too! I'll try to go in chronological order :) This is an idea that I had for my Guns N' Roses Sudamérica page, so I'll share it here too!

1) The Troubadour: obvious choice. The first show of these 2 legends together since 1993. Back where it all began. They looked so happy :) And here's where Axl got his foot injury.

2) The two Vegas shows: the hardcore fans meetup. For me this are the true reunion shows because they were announced with plenty of time. And that's why there were lots of members from this forum and from all over the world at the show. I can't imagine your faces when you guys got to hear Coma for the first time :D You got some incredible Live And Let Die screams too. Great shows.

3) The first AXL/DC wink, Angus joins GNR for "Whole Lotta Rosie" and "Riff Raff": we know what happened after this. Axl joined AC/DC and absolutely kicked ass, shuting up the whiners and taking his Rn'R King throne back.

4) The return of Steven Adler: 4/5 of the AFD lineup on stage, legendary moment. Steven got to to play 2 songs with GNR, making this his short return to the band after 26 years. Plus Axl was singing the shit of both My Michelle and Out Ta Get Me.

Steven's face is priceless.

5) The legendary Houston show: nothing else to say. Axl's greatest vocal delivery of the tour. Beast mode

6) Nice Boys with Angry Anderson on Australia: only time GNR played this song on the tour + Angry Anderson as guest.

7)  Axl finally sings the Only Woman Bleed intro on the 2017 Prague show: it was the only time he did it on this tour, and obviously first and only time since the UYI tour.

8) Paradise City with no Axl over Slash's intro: it was also the only time he did it on this tour. It makes the song much better and gives him the chance to blow the whistle on time. I wish it's always like this.

9) Paradise City with Dave Grohl: even though we know that Axl and Dave were on good terms from at least 2016 (he gave him the throne when Axl injured his foot), this is the first time that we saw them together. The GNR vs Nirvana bullshit was over after this. And this year Axl Slash and Duff all played It's So Easy with Foo Fighters (but that's not part of the NITL tour so I wont post it).

10) Patience with guest P!NK singing the outro: I honestly don't care about this but I know she is a big artist, so I'm just going to post it. May be important to someone :lol:

11) GN'Rs longest show of the tour and ¿longest? show of their history: im not sure about the last one because of Inglewood 91 or Tokyo 2009. This one went for almost 4 hours and was streamed on SiriusXM.

12) Hell freezes over for the 2nd time, Axl plays Velvet Revolver's SLITHER: even though its a horrible debut (we know it sounds miles better now), this is something truly surreal. For me, that's another sign that this tour is more than just a cashgrab. It's Axl's way of thanking Slash and Duff for returning to the band and acknowledging Chinese Democracy. He didn't have to do it, yet he did. Cool gesture of Axl.

What a cool compilation Milo, absolutely brilliant!

I'm sure they did Only Women Bleed in Buffalo too. I had the pleasure of being in the crowd in Prague, I was pretty intoxicated but I remember thinking to myself 'did that just fucking happen?!' :lol:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dean said:

What a cool compilation Milo, absolutely brilliant!

I'm sure they did Only Women Bleed in Buffalo too. I had the pleasure of being in the crowd in Prague, I was pretty intoxicated but I remember thinking to myself 'did that just fucking happen?!' :lol:

Ha! You just made me google it, you bastard!!

You’re right BTW, he did it on Buffalo too. Too bad there’re no videos of it. I’ll see if I can get it from the show thread :) 

EDIT: so there’s no fucking footage of him singing OWB... not even on the old Facebook streams from the show thread. But it did happen because there are some comments about it

And thanks!! I also remember the “SECURITY FUCKHEAD” from Paris during Better. That’s another epic moment as it is the closest thing we got to old Axl :P

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

Ha! You just made me google it, you bastard!!

You’re right BTW, he did it on Buffalo too. Too bad there’re no videos of it. I’ll see if I can get it from the show thread :) 

EDIT: so there’s no fucking footage of him singing OWB... not even on the old Facebook streams from the show thread. But it did happen because there are some comments about it

And thanks!! I also remember the “SECURITY FUCKHEAD” from Paris during Better. That’s another epic moment as it is the closest thing we got to old Axl :P

I just had a quick search and you're right enough. It definitely was on YouTube previously as I watched it. It must have been taken down when the mass spree was happening by those with nothing better to do!