Not In This Lifetime Tour: Best Moments

For me my favorite personal moments were:

-  The 2 shows I saw in 2016, Axl was in tip-top shape, and hearing Steven With the band on a couple tunes really was so awesome and I never thought I would get to experience something like that

-  The lead-up to the Troubador show for sure, as well as Vegas and Coachella - the excitement from us fans really made it a fun time, the most fun since probably 2008 when CD came out

-  The first leg of the tour, watching the shows on Periscope with everyone and being so stoked to hear Slash and Axl back together, honestly that still is something I am really stoked about.

• Like 1

On 30.11.2018 at 11:57 PM, donny said:

the Troubadour for me was an anti-climax as we got so little footage at the time. it was a case of we got to the end of a long wait only to find out we had to wait longer to see the videos emerge. we needed Fede centre stage that day.

after the Berlin "problems" in 2018 i was dreading the download festival as it was only several days later but it turned out to be the best, it was far better than London the year before.

Rocket queen is one of the best GN'R songs but these extended versions on the NITL have become a bore.

Slash has had some criticism on this forum for his long sustained jungle intros but i love them, that teasing us before we all go mental has been one of the highlights for me.

Richard, what the hell?

I also remember that on their first night at River Plate (Buenos Aires), a plane was passing by really close to the stadium at the exact same time that Axl was singing the line “Flying like an aeroplane” during Nightrain. The stadium is located near the airport so it was actually close. He went and pointed it out to Slash. I was there, so it was a really cool moment. 

0:20

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

On 11/30/2018 at 10:12 PM, Gunsdrummer63 said:

I was at Hartford when they played prostitute and I didn't like before but now it may be my second favorite CD song (behind TWAT). That was amazing to hear!

I was there too! I figured we’d get a typical show cause yanno, it’s just Hartford! No one in that building or on the forum had any inkling there would be a tour debut on that show. When Axl said, “here’s a song we haven’t played in a while” my head cocked like a confused puppy. 

• Like 1

Thanks @GNRfanMILO for the cool list and especially pointing out #8 - I was wondering whether that ever happened or not on this tour. Actually, once I was searching for a perfect PC and have listened to this show, but after the first verse cocluded that "this was not enough" and closed the video. Wish I've listened it further! Thanks to @Dean for acknowledging OWB on Buffalo show and @GoForJMark for finding the footage. Always thought that Prague show was the only one! There were so many cute and epic things, so it's kinda hard to choose the best. Well, let me also put some interesting facts and ideas:

1. Axl sang the original lyrics of Civil War from the first main verse "... with the brainwashed pride" only two times - Vegas 04.08.16 and Moscow 13.07.17. It wasn't good enough, but still. 
2. Axl sang "Oh God" in the intro of WTTJ at Osaka show 2017, the first time since 1993. The only time on tour, I suppose.  
3. Axl fell after curtain hall at Coachella show. Hopefully, it was the last time he has ever done it, as I remember. 
4. Melissa Reese's different wadrobe was great. I also liked the band's overall clothing and styling on it's tour - it was classical, but not plain, distinct for every member and dropped some unnecessary punk/undeground/deviant items like in 2001-2014 period. Axl was good in particular. 

The only question on which I'm still loookin' for an answer is... was there a proper SCOM? With rasp or it's variations? Almost every song Axl covered at its best on different shows, but not SCOM. There were some sights at Troubadour and Coachella gigs, but maybe there is something better? 

And for a desert probably the best PC on tour - with the smoothest rasp intro. 

Edited by nikothebellic
  • Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

9 hours ago, Its Tino said:

I was there too! I figured we’d get a typical show cause yanno, it’s just Hartford! No one in that building or on the forum had any inkling there would be a tour debut on that show. When Axl said, “here’s a song we haven’t played in a while” my head cocked like a confused puppy. 

And he told a story about Izzy! He must really like CT because 1993s show (from what I saw on youtube I wasn't alive) was one of the best on the illusions tour!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gem Archer said:

man... what a great thread...got me all teary eyed...2016 was a great year...

2016 was fucking fantastic. Super conveniently I was working nights most of that year and got to watch all the live streams either during or after work with a wee beer. The hype was unreal. Also thanks Fede for the streams :P

The only thing that makes 2017 a little better in my eyes was that I finally got to see Guns, REAL Guns, in person... "you know where the fuck you are SLANE?!"

• Like 1