Not In This Lifetime Tour: Best Moments

All the Steven Appearances

When Axl, Slash and Duff joined the Foo Fighters and it was the best performance of the song they had done since the old days.

Paradise City Minneapolis.. The only time that I kno wof where Axl didn't sing over Slash lead intros and blew the whistle at the right time.

Loved that they are playing Slither and Shadow Of Your Love....

There was one really cool moment during one of the first shows with out Axl's chair.. At the end of the Sweet Child solo Slash just kind of points behind him as Axl came walking out for the where do we go part.. It was pretty cool. Wish I could find that again. 

The hairs on my arms standing up in Vegas during November Rain.

The feels I got in Vegas when Axl said "Take It" in Nightrain handing the song over to Slash for his solos.. 

Noise Polution also had a sick version of Live and Let Die that I watched 100 times from 2016. They gave new life to a song that I really didn't care much for and the Axl scream was insane..

There was also a really good Jungle from early in the Stadium tour when they first really started extending the build up to the breakdown in the middle "you know where you are part" It was so fucking intense.. May have been Chicago but not sure..

Nice Boys was cool. Would have like to see them give it another try...

Out ta Get Me was always a treat too...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

There was also a really good Jungle from early in the Stadium tour when they first really started extending the build up to the breakdown in the middle "you know where you are part" It was so fucking intense.. May have been Chicago but not sure..

Was it the one where Axl walks the entire runway behind the drum set?

I don't know what city it was in.

The best part of the tour will be Saturday. I'm convinced they're gonna make it the best show of the tour since it's the last. Maybe it won't have Steven or Izzy (maybe it will since Hawaii is only a few hour plane ride from LA) but full setlist with OTGM, My Michelle, Madagascar, Prostitute, Sorry, TWAT, basically the same thing they did at the end of the last run of US shows. This might be the last time we see Axl for a year or so. He won't disappoint. 

Coma and Better were definitely two of many highlights for me at my first concert in Hanover, even though Axl's voice was not the best. 

Another highlight for me was Slither at the concert in Berlin. 

Edited by Sosso
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Seeing Slash play the Estranged solos again was awesome.

That was something I thought I'd never see since I wasn't born until the end of the 90s. And then when I saw him play it on youtube, then better yet live in front of me, I went home happy and will forever remember that considering I was convinced I'd never see it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Coma and Better were definitely two of many highlights for me at my first concert in Hanover, even though Axl's voice was not the best. 

Another highlight for me was Slither at the concert in Berlin. 

Hannover was great, before this tour axl surely would've cancelled it, but they patiently waited until the storm stopped, didnt cut the set and played until 1 am

Edited by SAU3R

26 minutes ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

The best part of the tour will be Saturday. I'm convinced they're gonna make it the best show of the tour since it's the last. Maybe it won't have Steven or Izzy (maybe it will since Hawaii is only a few hour plane ride from LA) but full setlist with OTGM, My Michelle, Madagascar, Prostitute, Sorry, TWAT, basically the same thing they did at the end of the last run of US shows. This might be the last time we see Axl for a year or so. He won't disappoint. 

Pretty sure this won't happen. We may see one or two of the extras in, But in 2017 it built up across the leg. They didnt just add them all in for the final show.

I'd love to be proven wrong, but I dont think weve seen them just add about 6 songs in from one show to another, in recent memory.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think so

Oh my God... this brings so many chills! Let's be honest, the NA leg was the only proper leg of the tour before they started going autopilot mode. This is what real GNR feels like - unpredictability, Axl running around and most of all - listen to his voice! Fuck...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Oh my God... this brings so many chills! Let's be honest, the NA leg was the only proper leg of the tour before they started going autopilot mode. This is what real GNR feels like - unpredictability, Axl running around and most of all - listen to his voice! Fuck...

Fuck yeah.. Almost certain that is the one.. The video I used to watch had a little better sound and was shot from the other side of the stage but that is it.. \m/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

holy shit those really were the times.. when I was still excited to wake up to a NA show which just has finished and I couldn't wait to see any videos of it. Axl was on fire on that leg! I really hope he takes a good long enough break, maybe apart from some studio visits ;) and then after a year or two he comes back with a voice like 2016 and a new album + new tour... a man can dream

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

The NA Arena Leg 2017 was not bad either! 

There's no video of it but at the Milwaukee show, during Coma, Slash did this thing where he ran from the left side (his right) of the stage out onto the catwalk, jumped onto the edge of the teleprompter and bounced off without missing a single note. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen at a rock show.

Being born in 2000, I never thought I would get to see my favorite band perform live. The closest I got was new Slash albums, so I went and saw him at Hampton Beach for my first ever concert. Then I woke up April 2nd 2016 and my dream had come true (I wasn’t on this form then so I wasn’t 100% up to date). As soon as tickets were available my mom and dad bought tickets so we could go see them at Foxboro (They had seen the band on Appetite/Illusions tours multiple times but hadn’t seen them since). We got tickets kinda late for the first show so when they announced the second one we got tickets early to get good seats on Slash’s side. We sold the first night and went to the second one. The whole time we had the radio in the car all the way up and we listened to Appetite/Lies. I had listened to CD over and over again to see what songs would be played on the tour. We ended up getting Catcher for the first time with Slash. My first stadium concert and still the best one I’ve gone to so far. I didn’t see him there, but apparently my high school principal was there. He saw me wearing a shirt from the show and he stopped me in the hallway. I thought I was in trouble even though I’d done nothing, but then he asked me what night I went to. I play a bootleg of that concert at least a couple times every couple weeks.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

holy shit those really were the times.. when I was still excited to wake up to a NA show which just has finished and I couldn't wait to see any videos of it. Axl was on fire on that leg! I really hope he takes a good long enough break, maybe apart from some studio visits ;) and then after a year or two he comes back with a voice like 2016 and a new album + new tour... a man can dream

I couldn't agree more! I remember it was the 26th June the tour started and that was the exact day my summer break started as well. Needles to say, GNR being my favorite band, that year was a heaven, that summer the bliss. I spent entire summer waking up, since I was different time zone (Europe), to find countless videos and miles of discussion on the forum threads. Every single video I watched brought me immense joy. I would watch videos all day... being a useless fuck whole summer. And it was the best of times - I don't regret it at all. And I remember waking up in 6th of July to find that Steven has joined them on stage. That was the pinnacle for me.

I wish the band would recharge the batteries and appear in 2020. Cut the setlist to 2hrs, play mainly AFD and UYI and for Axl to rasp the shit out of it. No Slash solos or jams. Just own it. That's it. 

A man can dream... like you said! ;)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, baldek said:

For me, one of the best moments was the electricity in the air outside the concert venues.

Ha, that reminds me of the SF show....so it just ended and us 40,000 fans are streaming out of the stadium and there is this homeless man sitting on the steps telling us how he could hear the whole show for free! And he sure was getting a kick out of it! :lol:

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, baldek said:

For me, one of the best moments was the electricity in the air outside the concert venues.

As I was getting closer to the stadiums/fields I could feel the energy, the hype, everyone laughing and having a good time, while GN'R music was blasting on every speaker around. People arriving in their cars, windows down, and cheering with pure joy on their faces. On the train stations, sometimes while being in a foreign country, you'd feel kinda lost about which train to catch but once you saw a GN'R t-shirt all you had to do was follow. I truly felt like being part of a community, while meeting fans from all over the world who shared the same craziness. Plus, there's this awesome thing about summer, heat, cold beer and GN'R.

Those days, it felt as if a massive GN'R wave had taken over the town in question and all you could hear, see or breathe was Guns N' Roses; impossible to run from it.

I was lucky enough to watch 5 shows and will preserve unforgettable memories.

Wow, I don't think anyone could have said it any better.

This takes the cake.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, baldek said:

As I was getting closer to the stadiums/fields I could feel the energy, the hype, everyone laughing and having a good time, while GN'R music was blasting on every speaker around. People arriving in their cars, windows down, and cheering with pure joy on their faces. On the train stations, sometimes while being in a foreign country, you'd feel kinda lost about which train to catch but once you saw a GN'R t-shirt all you had to do was follow. I truly felt like being part of a community, while meeting fans from all over the world who shared the same craziness. Plus, there's this awesome thing about summer, heat, cold beer and GN'R.

Those days, it felt as if a massive GN'R wave had taken over the town in question and all you could hear, see or breathe was Guns N' Roses; impossible to run from it.

I was lucky enough to watch 5 shows and will preserve unforgettable memories.

Yeah, this. (including the 5 shows for me too ;))

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gunsdrummer63 said:

The best part of the tour will be Saturday. I'm convinced they're gonna make it the best show of the tour since it's the last. 

Obviously a pipe dream but it would be so fucking cool if Steven AND Izzy came out for the encore. Or any time during the set.. A "Guess what we're doing now" moment.

• Like 1