Jump to content
GNRfanMILO

Not In This Lifetime Tour: Best Moments

Recommended Posts

On 12/4/2018 at 2:44 AM, scooby845 said:

Oh my God... this brings so many chills! Let's be honest, the NA leg was the only proper leg of the tour before they started going autopilot mode. This is what real GNR feels like - unpredictability, Axl running around and most of all - listen to his voice! Fuck...

 

Fuck! That extended scream after "you're gonna dieeee"

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a biased answer as I was at the show, but the first time Slash played 'Sorry' in Philly in 2016.  I remember thinking 'whoa, Slash is playing the very negative song supposedly written about him'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

This is a biased answer as I was at the show, but the first time Slash played 'Sorry' in Philly in 2016.  I remember thinking 'whoa, Slash is playing the very negative song supposedly written about him'.

I really love the solo he put on this song. my best from CD for me

 

Edited by AxlSlashthebest
forget the link !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, AxlSlashthebest said:

but my best is thhis one. listend the opening solo at 3m40

 

Wasn't expecting anything from Rio in this thread tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems like such a long time ago that we were all meeting up in Vegas, that's definitely my favourite memory of the tour, just meeting so many fans from all around the world, each of us acting like the excited little fanboys and fangirls that we are - good times :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing beats those first few short clips from the troubadour. 

That's when it was real that they were back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being online here during the Troubadour & Vegas shows was cool. 

Of the gigs I was at, Out ta get me & Layla was a highlight in Seattle, DTJ was a highlight in Vancouver, Slane was OK, I saw them there in 92 so it was a surreal day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

My favourite version of Madagascar during the tour. Axl maintains more rasp than usual.

 

he clearly uses what usually is his mickey voice nad not his chest voice, but somehow he manages to get some rasp on top of it

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely seeing Slither, one of my favourite songs and never got to see VR play it. I was like a little kid when I turned to my brother and said 'Slither, Slither Holy Fuck!' :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best part for me was simply seeing Axl and Slash together again. I knew that Axl would sound like shit for most of the time and Slash has lost most of his soulful playing and now shreds some random heavy metal notes over basically every song. A sense of closure. Yeah, finally this happened. Duff being part of it was cool too. Pitman not being there was also very good.

There were good moments where they all sounded good for a song or two but for the most part, they were all below their levels and the tempo now is so fucked up, I have no pleasure listening to GNR. It actually makes me feel unconfortable.

They should have done everything possible to get Josh Freese (mutual friend of Ax and Slash) on drums but I understand Axl wanting to keep Frank. Fortus is cool. Melissa was a breath of fresh air, for her looks (sorry if you're snowflake and think this is sexism) and wonderful backing vocals. Who's left? Oh yeah, that Dizzy guy... He's ok, lol.

They should have done everything possible to get Izzy and Adler on board for the longest stint possible.

The amount of covers they played despite having tons of cool deep cuts to do instead is pathetic.

Axl's performances compared to his ACDC gigs are an insult to GNR fans.

Why has Slash changed his style so much? He's much worse now.

Duff's politics makes him an unlikeable hypocrite.

That's my summary. Better than NuNuNuGNR with lol Ashba and lol Bumblefoot. But still miles away from their real potential. If they still gave a shit about it...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been to probably 200 concerts. Try to go to at least 20-30 a year. There was just a different feeling in the air for the NITL shows compared to every other. I went to Orlando and Miami. Both were awesome. I never got to see the original lineup (saw "NuGNR" 6 times) so those two concerts were two of the best, most memorable days of my life. So I'd say those were the best moments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/12/2018 at 6:43 AM, janrichmond said:

My personal favourite ;) giphy.gif

Dave Grohl looked a bit star struck when he came out lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this! It didn't even get a thread over in the NITL media song section.  Some people were critical of the vocals but I thought they were great.  I think they down-tuned and Axl adjusted his delivery to make it work with Angry Anderson. He isn't wailing like it is 1986 but it doesn't sound bad at all.. I would rather him do this in more songs instead of struggling and forcing it and trying to do something he can't causing him to sound unpleasant. After seeing what he did with SOYL though, I am not so sure that he couldn't handle it on a good night anyway.  This is a song that should have gotten more love. Maybe not every night but on nights when Axl is feeling it. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

 

 

Agree with you about the vocals, they’re not too bad but that drumming just ruins in for me. It’s too flat. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Agree with you about the vocals, they’re not too bad but that drumming just ruins in for me. It’s too flat. 

Well that is a given with Frank unfortunately... It sucks but I just try and tune him out when possible.. That works on this song, but not all unfortunately. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I love this! It didn't even get a thread over in the NITL media song section.  Some people were critical of the vocals but I thought they were great.  I think they down-tuned and Axl adjusted his delivery to make it work with Angry Anderson. He isn't wailing like it is 1986 but it doesn't sound bad at all.. I would rather him do this in more songs instead of struggling and forcing it and trying to do something he can't causing him to sound unpleasant. After seeing what he did with SOYL though, I am not so sure that he couldn't handle it on a good night anyway.  This is a song that should have gotten more love. Maybe not every night but on nights when Axl is feeling it. 

 

 

It's not far from what SMKC did with it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, moreblack said:

It's not far from what SMKC did with it

 

Most songs would have sounded so much better if Axl sang over this lineup than the NITL lineup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Well that is a given with Frank unfortunately... It sucks but I just try and tune him out when possible.. That works on this song, but not all unfortunately. 

The majority of the time it’s Fortus who sticks out like a sore thumb for me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

The majority of the time it’s Fortus who sticks out like a sore thumb for me. 

He does to me on a fair share of songs too... If I could only pick one to go it would be a tough decision. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×