Not In This Lifetime Tour: Best Moments

On 12/4/2018 at 2:44 AM, scooby845 said:

Oh my God... this brings so many chills! Let's be honest, the NA leg was the only proper leg of the tour before they started going autopilot mode. This is what real GNR feels like - unpredictability, Axl running around and most of all - listen to his voice! Fuck...

Fuck! That extended scream after "you're gonna dieeee"

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

This is a biased answer as I was at the show, but the first time Slash played 'Sorry' in Philly in 2016.  I remember thinking 'whoa, Slash is playing the very negative song supposedly written about him'.

I really love the solo he put on this song. my best from CD for me

Edited by AxlSlashthebest
forget the link !!!

Seems like such a long time ago that we were all meeting up in Vegas, that's definitely my favourite memory of the tour, just meeting so many fans from all around the world, each of us acting like the excited little fanboys and fangirls that we are - good times :D

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

My favourite version of Madagascar during the tour. Axl maintains more rasp than usual.

he clearly uses what usually is his mickey voice nad not his chest voice, but somehow he manages to get some rasp on top of it

• Like 2

Best part for me was simply seeing Axl and Slash together again. I knew that Axl would sound like shit for most of the time and Slash has lost most of his soulful playing and now shreds some random heavy metal notes over basically every song. A sense of closure. Yeah, finally this happened. Duff being part of it was cool too. Pitman not being there was also very good.

There were good moments where they all sounded good for a song or two but for the most part, they were all below their levels and the tempo now is so fucked up, I have no pleasure listening to GNR. It actually makes me feel unconfortable.

They should have done everything possible to get Josh Freese (mutual friend of Ax and Slash) on drums but I understand Axl wanting to keep Frank. Fortus is cool. Melissa was a breath of fresh air, for her looks (sorry if you're snowflake and think this is sexism) and wonderful backing vocals. Who's left? Oh yeah, that Dizzy guy... He's ok, lol.

They should have done everything possible to get Izzy and Adler on board for the longest stint possible.

The amount of covers they played despite having tons of cool deep cuts to do instead is pathetic.

Axl's performances compared to his ACDC gigs are an insult to GNR fans.

Why has Slash changed his style so much? He's much worse now.

Duff's politics makes him an unlikeable hypocrite.

That's my summary. Better than NuNuNuGNR with lol Ashba and lol Bumblefoot. But still miles away from their real potential. If they still gave a shit about it...

• Like 1

I've been to probably 200 concerts. Try to go to at least 20-30 a year. There was just a different feeling in the air for the NITL shows compared to every other. I went to Orlando and Miami. Both were awesome. I never got to see the original lineup (saw "NuGNR" 6 times) so those two concerts were two of the best, most memorable days of my life. So I'd say those were the best moments.

• 5 weeks later...

I love this! It didn't even get a thread over in the NITL media song section.  Some people were critical of the vocals but I thought they were great.  I think they down-tuned and Axl adjusted his delivery to make it work with Angry Anderson. He isn't wailing like it is 1986 but it doesn't sound bad at all.. I would rather him do this in more songs instead of struggling and forcing it and trying to do something he can't causing him to sound unpleasant. After seeing what he did with SOYL though, I am not so sure that he couldn't handle it on a good night anyway.  This is a song that should have gotten more love. Maybe not every night but on nights when Axl is feeling it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Agree with you about the vocals, they’re not too bad but that drumming just ruins in for me. It’s too flat. 

Well that is a given with Frank unfortunately... It sucks but I just try and tune him out when possible.. That works on this song, but not all unfortunately. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I love this! It didn't even get a thread over in the NITL media song section.  Some people were critical of the vocals but I thought they were great.  I think they down-tuned and Axl adjusted his delivery to make it work with Angry Anderson. He isn't wailing like it is 1986 but it doesn't sound bad at all.. I would rather him do this in more songs instead of struggling and forcing it and trying to do something he can't causing him to sound unpleasant. After seeing what he did with SOYL though, I am not so sure that he couldn't handle it on a good night anyway.  This is a song that should have gotten more love. Maybe not every night but on nights when Axl is feeling it. 

It's not far from what SMKC did with it