George H.W. Bush. RIP

Georgy Zhukov

9 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I don't know if everyone does know what he was about. History generally smiles on cunts like him. They're all psychopathic. If they changed I would let go of my anger though - but they're not changing and things are getting worse.

With the most recent US election I think the powers that be basically decided right we're not allowing Bernie Sanders lol so Hillary's our guy on that side. Any of our guys on the other side will do and if Trump wins one of two things will likely happen: the people will revel in it falling in a downward spiral of electing TV personalities like Oprah and politics will permanently become even more of a reality TV farce. Or. The people will run back into the arms of the old guard, their more typical herders and things will continue business as usual.

I guess you got a point.  Its kinda fresh in my mind what he was about cuz I remember him being president. 

10 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Passion, getting riled up or out of the pram etc can be good for stuff like art,

Thats what its all about man, find something you got some feeling for and direct your energies towards it.  All this arguing the toss about politics and world affairs, fair dues I'm not saying everyone should be an ignorant cunt like me but...I dunno, it don't really achieve anything.  Whereas like, if you do something practical you make the world a better place.  And I ain't saying like protest or...y'know, any kind of shit like that, I just mean like...OK, take an artist, he makes some art etc, to me thats his contribution to making the world a better place, in a miniscule sort of way, I don't think you contribution necessarily has to be directed towards like...y'know, all that murky shit.

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I agree with this, listen, all these cunts are fuckin' crooked as a barrel of fuckin' solicitors but end of the day a mans a man innit, I'm not happy when anyone dies, I don't get this 'whys it tragic, he was old', well, the entire circle of life has its inherent tragic aspect as well as its heartwarming aspect, one dies, anothers born etc.  But more than anything else I feel it would reflect rather poorly on me as a human being if I, outside of just joking, seriously wished ill on someone else didn't give a fuck if they died.  Even when someone supremely fuckin' evil dies I don't feel glad.  Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Ted Bundy, Richard Ramierez, I don't see what there is to whoop it up about.  I still think its sad on some level, that one from among our species was born, grew evil, did evil and then was executed or else died some other way, I don't see that there's anything to celebrate, like when all those people had a party when Maggie Thatcher died, now I'm no fuckin' Thatcherite by any means but fuckin' hell, come on, some old lady has just died and you're pleased about it, what does that say about you?  I mean, if I'm walking about a funeral procession or past a church and someones died I take my earphones out or take my hat or whatever, its a mark of respect y'know, now I don't know the cunt, he might've been a fuckin' pedo or the Unabombers unapprehended accomplice, thats not the point though, it ain't about him, he's brown bread, its about me and my not acting like a cunt. 

Its important to have a bit of fuckin' class about these things (a bit of fuckin' class, well done :lol: )

An extreme form of this is called ''doing a de Valera'' haha. 

On 1/12/2018 at 7:08 PM, Kasanova King said:

George HW Bush was a solid president.  I think one of the more underrated/underappreciated of the past 100 years or so....I believe history will look kindly upon his presidency.  He was a class act and lived a great life.  Rest in Peace.  

Mostly agree, however his weakness was the economy. He couldn't fix the mess of the 1987 crisis. In addition to his infamous "read my lips" statement. I think, just like Carter. He was a better former President than a President.

5 hours ago, Padme said:

Mostly agree, however his weakness was the economy. He couldn't fix the mess of the 1987 crisis. In addition to his infamous "read my lips" statement. I think, just like Carter. He was a better former President than a President.

1987 was long over and done with by the time Desert Storm happened.  Desert Storm actually brought the country closer together than any other time in recent history. (Other than maybe 9/11).  Then there was a mild recession and that also actually was over with after a year or so.    The ONLY reason he lost re-election to Clinton was because of Ross Perot.

And in hindsight, him raising taxes (although it hurt him then ) will be looked back as him going against conventional Republican Party policy and actually doing what was "right" vs. what was "popular".  If anything, that should "win" him points when history looks back upon his presidency. 

That and the fact he was the president during the end of the Cold War (Signed the Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty) , signed the Americans With Disabilities Act and several other educational bills will surely put him in the top half in most "best of" lists.

Edited by Kasanova King

3 hours ago, cineater said:

Love those WWII guys, a sense of decency and dignity, the following generations can't come close too.  Sad to see them all gone or just barely hanging on.  This funeral feels like we've lost more than just one man.

Imagine if today's lot landed on D-Day? They would wonder whether the landing craft passed ''elf n' safety''? Their skinny jeans and man bags would get wet. They'd cry that they couldn't get a wi-fi signal from the Normandy bridgehead. A few Germans would arrive but rather than shoot at them, they would, all four blond guys naturally, enact Germany's entry for next year's Eurovision, a camp number in sequins. 

32 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Imagine if today's lot landed on D-Day? They would wonder whether the landing craft passed ''elf n' safety''? Their skinny jeans and man bags would get wet. They'd cry that they couldn't get a wi-fi signal from the Normandy bridgehead. A few Germans would arrive but rather than shoot at them, they would, all four blond guys naturally, enact Germany's entry for next year's Eurovision, a camp number in sequins. 

Fuck you mate, I'd be well in there, I've always wanted to kill people without consequence, it'd be perfect for me :lol:  

On 12/1/2018 at 1:04 PM, soon said:

Well, looks like he's groped his last women.

Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Signed into law by President George H. W. Bush onJuly 26, 1990

The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. § 12101) is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination based on disability. It affords similar protections against discrimination to Americans with disabilities as the Civil Rights Act of 1964,[1] which made discrimination based on race, religion, sex, national origin, and other characteristics illegal. In addition, unlike the Civil Rights Act, the ADA also requires covered employers to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities, and imposes accessibility requirements on public accommodations.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americans_with_Disabilities_Act_of_1990

;)

7 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Signed into law by President George H. W. Bush onJuly 26, 1990

The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. § 12101) is a civil rights law that prohibits discrimination based on disability. It affords similar protections against discrimination to Americans with disabilities as the Civil Rights Act of 1964,[1] which made discrimination based on race, religion, sex, national origin, and other characteristics illegal. In addition, unlike the Civil Rights Act, the ADA also requires covered employers to provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities, and imposes accessibility requirements on public accommodations.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americans_with_Disabilities_Act_of_1990

;)

What's your point?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Makes you wonder where we were when they were growing up.  We're not entirely blameless for the state of things.  On the other hand, I'm closer to death and won't have to deal with it, falls back on them. :lol:

33 minutes ago, cineater said:

Makes you wonder where we were when they were growing up.  We're not entirely blameless for the state of things.  On the other hand, I'm closer to death and won't have to deal with it, falls back on them. :lol:

They fought cuz they had to fight.  They weren't no superhuman beings, they just showed us our potential...and y'know what, for their troubles they didn't get a great deal in return.  And nor do the men coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan struggling to find a piece of dry cardboard to keep the rain off their heads tonight that probably engaged in as much brave behaviour as the dearly departed of WW2, and the many others in foreign lands that politics makes enemies of.  

The real is that the boys of WW1 and WW2 felt the same panic and fear that boys today would in the same situation, they just swallowed it because they had to...let's hope not of our lot ever have to.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

They fought cuz they had to fight.  They weren't no superhuman beings, they just showed us our potential...and y'know what, for their troubles they didn't get a great deal in return.  And nor do the men coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan struggling to find a piece of dry cardboard to keep the rain off their heads tonight that probably engaged in as much brave behaviour as the dearly departed of WW2, and the many others in foreign lands that politics makes enemies of.  

The real is that the boys of WW1 and WW2 felt the same panic and fear that boys today would in the same situation, they just swallowed it because they had to...let's hope not of our lot ever have to.

Bunch of bollocks that. Rite load of woofters today. 

• Haha 1