George H.W. Bush. RIP

Georgy Zhukov

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

For us women who have to go through this shit through a big portion of our lives, especially when we are very very young, what you AS A MAN consider an "innocent thing", "just a grope", it is a terrible thing for us.

Do you have any idea what is like to be a 12 years old girl and having someone touching your bottom just out of nowhere? You become terrified. You have no idea how to react. You can remain with that fear for days, weeks or months.

An adult woman might take it different but it always depends on the context and who does it. Having the President of the USA doing this to you must be something no woman would ever expect, hence the shock and disgust. Also the impotence of not being able to tell him anything for fear of being acussed, as we are always blamed for the misconduct of these perverted men.

Hopefully no woman in your life who you truly love have to go through this and if they do, I just hope that you have the decency to believe them, not minimize it, not blame it on them and do not side with the perverts.

Why are you talking to me about this? I would never trivialise any unwanted sexual contact, blame it on the victims, or side with the perpetrators. 

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Why are you talking to me about this? I would never trivialise any unwanted sexual contact, blame it on the victims, or side with the perpetrators. 

Did you read the line from your post that I quoted?

There lies the answer to your question.

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Did you read the line from your post that I quoted?

There lies the answer to your question.

I was pointing out that there are grades to sexual assault and that some people consider what Bush did as "just" a grope. Just read my sentence again: 

because most people will think of far worse acts when they read 'sexual assault' than "just" a grope

Nowhere did I say I don't consider what Bush did a sexual assault or imply it is a trivial thing.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

You know who are the only people who care about those "technicalities" regarding sexual abuse?

1. The perverts themselves 

2. The fans of the pervs.

3. The lawyers who have to defend the pervs.

What technicality are you talking about? That most people don't consider every instance of sexual assault equally bad? :lol:

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You didn't phrase it as a grope in the post that I responded to. In that post you claimed Bush had admitted to have sexually assaulted someone:

@soon: "But it was assault. And he acknowledged it even, lol."

Again, there is a difference between "Bush admitted to have sexually assaulted someone" and "Bush admitted to have patted someone's ass". Not only in what it implies of Bush (whether he acknowledges the gravitas of the act or whether he dismisses it as an innocent thing) but also in how it can be understood by readers (because most people will think of far worse acts when they read 'sexual assault' than "just" a grope). 

And I know you are smart enough to understand all this. 

Soul says:

jTzw6AKh.png

Just now, soon said:

Soul says:

jTzw6AKh.png

I have never argued that what Bush did wasn't sexual assault. :shrugs:

Just now, killuridols said:

Not most people. Only the pervs, their fans and their lawyers.

Really? You think most people consider groping someone's ass as bad as, say, violently raping someone? You really are an odd one :lol:

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I have never argued that what Bush did wasn't sexual assault. :shrugs:

Right, just that since he used different words to describe sexual assault means that I cant call it sexual assault because he didnt. Which is all thats reflected in the meme, silly.

Edited by soon

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Right, just that when he used different words to describe sexual assault that I cant call it sexual assault because he didnt. Which is all thats reflected in the meme, silly.

I was wrong about you! :lol: 

Okay, let's do this slowly:

1. You can certainly call what Bush did for a form of sexual assault. It was an unwanted sexual contact so I guess it fits within the definition. I have NEVER said otherwise and I have ABSOLUTELY never said you cannot call it "sexual assault".

2. But you cannot claim that Bush has "admitted to having sexually assaulted someone", because that implies A) that Bush acknowledges what he did was a sexual assault, and B) because without further context it is likely to be misunderstood by others as an even worse offence. It is disingenuous. 

Jeez.

Edited by SoulMonster

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I was wrong about you! :lol: 

Okay, let's do this slowly:

1. You can certainly call what Bush did for a form of sexual assault. It was an unwanted sexual contact so I guess it fits within the definition. I have NEVER said otherwise and I have ABSOLUTELY never said you cannot call it "sexual assault".

2. But you cannot claim that Bush has "admitted to having sexually assaulted someone", because that implies A) that Bush acknowledges what he did was a sexual assault, and B) because without further context it is likely to be misunderstood by others as an even worse offence. It is disingenuous. 

Jeez.

vwqw3BN.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Really? You think most people consider groping someone's ass as bad as, say, violently raping someone? You really are an odd one :lol:

I made the effort to explain to you how women feel when this happens to them. But you are clearly too invested in your hypocrisy and your selfish point of view.

You don't give a damn how little girls feel when this happens to them. You don't give a damn how a woman who has to take the train or the subway everyday for work becomes terrified of doing that simple thing, because she knows there's always some perv who's going to grab her ass or rub himself on her while on the train.

Your technicalities dont mean a thing for the victims. They only matter to the pervs, their fans and the lawyers who decide to defend those pervs.

Call me all the names you want, desperation is a stinky cologne.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

I made the effort to explain to you how women feel when this happens to them. 

I thank you for the effort but it was completely irrelevant to my point which was that claiming that Bush admitted to sexual assault is a misrepresentation of what he actually admitted to when he never would have acknowledged that he sexually assaulted someone.

Nowhere have I argued that what Bush did was a trivial thing -- which seems to be the foundation for your posts. You are either not reading what I write, or, like @soon, not understanding it. 

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Nowhere have I argued that what Bush did was a trivial thing -- which seems to be the foundation for your posts. You are either not reading what I write, or, like @soon, not understanding it. 

How come two or more people do not understand or misinterpret the things you say? Have you thought that maybe YOU are the problem?

If you think that Bush did assault those women in a sexual way, why are you so concerned that we all understand the exact "grade" of his sexual assault? Unless you are his lawyer, it is pretty odd that you care so much for his image.

The guy is a creep, not a rapist, of course we all understand that, but what he did is bad, really bad, even more for who he was...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Do I have to? Maybe a sexual assault that leaves permanent physical and mental scars? Certainly in a different league to "gently patting someone's behind".

Physical scars that get there by physical force, something you have to exert force to achieve, which in turn you have to put your hands on someone to achieve.  Ergo, a guy thats groping (characterised by aggressive/clumsy physical contact of a sexual nature) some bird is engaged in a form of sexual assault.  Now is it as bad as the worst kind of violent rape, well no, thats why they are two different things which different nouns and definitions, when you get into the whole 'just a grope' thing though or the reference to it in comparison to the worst forms of sexual assault one could be forgiven for presuming that an attempt to trivialise one by reference to the other.  

Edited by Len Cnut

Rape is the most extreme case of sexual assault but being groped, molested, sexually harassed at work, at school, on the train/subway/bus, on a elevator, or just when you go walking the streets also makes of you an insecure person, it makes you wary and alert all the time, it makes you doubt your outfits, your behavior, the way you conduct yourself around men, you have to be constantly making decisions on the simplest things...

Obviously, it is nowhere near the pain and trauma that a rape would leave, but having to live like that also takes a toll in your personal development in the long run. :shrugs:

• downzy locked this topic