New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

Wanna bet?

:lol: no thank you, I learned that lesson!

Although, our last bet was based on absolutely nothing other than blind hope on my part. 2016 was the year that changed me into a GN'R fan who says "I've believe it when I see it" regarding all possibility or future studio tracks being released. 

• Like 3

I actually think a live album is even less likely than a new studio album at this stage. Surely Axl wouldn't have the gall to officially release a fully mixed and mastered soundboard quality recording of his live vocals from the last 2 years? That's a surefire way to make sure everyone outside of the hardcore fanbase knows that his live voice is shot.

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 2

I think they could get away with a live record if they selected the songs based by performance (assuming the entire NITL was recorded). I'd rather an official bluray concert, though.

A new studio album is obviously what I'd rather see materialize. Seriously, write and record a few new tunes, and have Slash & Duff redo parts on some of the Chinese leftovers.

And then call it a fucking day.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Towelie said:

It's worth noting that SMKC are touring quite extensively thoroughout Jan, Feb and the beginning of March. I have a hard time believing GNR would drop a new record while Slash was on the road with his other band.

Probably just a crappy live album after all.

Slash is a machine, but that sounds more likely to me. They will also say its to see if there's demand for an actually new album and all that bs

33 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

If they did a 2016 show for a hypothetical live album they could get away fine with axls vocals

Or they would just overdub who knows

Houston, plus a few select cuts like BHS, I Feel Good, Madagascar, Shadow, OTGM/My Michelle with Adler, Witchita, etc etc, and you have a huge live album.

Like Russ, I think I'd rather a new studio album though... CD2, UYI3, AFD rerecorded... I'll take anything :lol:

Theoretically they could have an album's worth of songs very quickly. Pick the best 8-10 CD-era songs and have Slash/Duff/Melissa add their parts, do 1-2 quick songs with Duff on lead vocals, and cover Wichita Lineman and The Seeker. At most, there'd be 1-2 totally new songs. There's 12-16 tracks that let them tour big venues into retirement.

But it'll probably be a live album filled with 2017-18 performances...

19 minutes ago, Sanomatovic said:

January announcement? If its a studio album would they really announce it that early? Because surely there is nothing recorded yet.

I questioned the Jnaruary announcement when I heard it too. Again though, everything I posted is all just things someone told someone who told someone who told someone.

Seemed like a good idea to just get it all out in the open instead of having one of two people play the "this is what I heard" card hoping to become some sort of insider. It isn't really "inside information when everybody and their brother has heard it :lol:

• Like 2

Considering that Slash will be on tour for his new solo record for most of 2019, I'm guessing this supposed new GNR release will end up not being all that much (if anything at all). Maybe something along the lines of that AFD Super Deluxe Boxset we got earlier this year? I would hope for at least one new studio track that's actually, you know, new, or at the very least another CD leftover. We shall see, I guess.

Just now, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Alternative Nation article incoming

@downzy doesn't want them linked here, so they can make an article all they want but it won't be linked here :lol:

(having said that I totally agree that this will trigger an article from them. Surely with a variation of the word "reveal" in the title :lol:)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Let me set this straight.

There are three rumors, from two very reputable sources and one that I have no idea where it comes from.

One says that an album is coming in June. That one comes from a former GNR manager, who I was told not to repeat his name. Some people tend to discredit this rumor because according to some, he hasn't talked with anyone in the GNR camp for years and likes to make people think he's in the know.

Another says that there are live releases coming and a cover in studio. That one comes from someone in the camp. 

I don't know anything that backs the third claim ("there's a live album coming with some bonus studio tracks"). Though, it fits the second rumor, being that “bonus studio track” the studio cover. 

We know for a fact that there are “new” songs that have Slash and Duff on them. So, it wouldn't be very hard to imagine Slash and Duff pasting his tracks on whatever was CD 2. On the other side, there was this Paradise City Live Version from Coachella that was broadcasted on a UK radio recently. We know Coachella was recorded professionally both video and audio. Every scenario is equally plausible and all of them come from reputable sources. 

Oh and @Propaganda, that thing with GH2 is outdated. If I recall correctly, Greatest Hits II was replaced by AFD re-release.

Edited by All Cautions Made
  • Like 2

I like all scenarios, except for the one where nothing at all gets released.

It seems almost too surreal to ever get another brand new full album, but I would be disappointed if there wasn't at least 1 completely NEW SONG on a release, if we ever get one.

I don't really see any point to a 'best of'? What would that be? I don't think we need another SCOM or PC or NR. We have all that. CD songs rerecorded by Duff and Slash would be cool, I guess, but not really earth shattering either.

A live dvd or bluray of NITL I would love as well. That and new songs, which may be 20 year old leftover CD songs with Slash and Duff for all I care, as long as I haven't heard them, it's new.