New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

I could see them releasing a tribute EP in the beginning of 2019 to make sure that they have some form of recorded music while NITL is still in people's memories and then record a original album with a 2020 release date during the rest of the year!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, All Cautions Made said:

Hahahaha. i know perfectly that Shadow and Move To The City are from the 80s. Shadow even predates GNR.

The newly released versions of those tracks were based off demos from the 80s but have been Live Era'd. Steven is not on the drums, Slash added licks here and there, etc.

I don't know if Checkmate has Slash on it but there are other songs that definitely have Slash and Duff pasted on. 

If it isn’t Adler on drums then whoever it is nailed his style 100%. So much so that I really can’t see how it’s someone else?

Also - I know there have been rumours about Duff and Slash adding tracks to CD material (Slash on Atlas Shrugged for example), what makes you so sure this has definitely happened?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

If it isn’t Adler on drums then whoever it is nailed his style 100%. So much so that I really can’t see how it’s someone else?

Also - I know there have been rumours about Duff and Slash adding tracks to CD material (Slash on Atlas Shrugged for example), what makes you so sure this has definitely happened?

Sounds like speculation stated as fact.  I know Steven himself has stated it wasn't him on the new SOYL but to my ears it definitely is him, of course albeit heavily processed with modern technology for this newly made mix using the session multitracks

And the recording on CD tracks thing for sure has just got to be an educated guess

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, RONIN said:

Any new material released now, especially with Fortus/Frank in the band, will only hurt their legacy. This is a band that is frozen in time at its prime. Why ruin the illusion now? 

Someone above said that it's like if Michael Jackson stopped after Dangerous. IMHO, Dangerous was his last classic album. He would have had a flawless career had he stopped there.

Best thing to do is just give the fans an Illusions and Chinese Democracy boxset. Empty the vault. There is nothing they can do now that will come anywhere near the mid-90's GnR material/Chi-Dem sessions.

I’m on the same page with this opinion. 

As much as the romantic notion of GNR releasing something that I’d love, that would be fresh and exciting, there’s too many downsides to this now. The aliens, axl’s voice, the material??? 

I hope they release the illusions stuff, get a fancy box, stick 12 of their best shows together with the doco and sell it for $300 a pop! Boom, I’m in! 

As you rightly state, without the other 2 amigos, this band is frozen in time and I hope they don’t tarnish it with a smurf and aliens! 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Sounds like speculation stated as fact.  I know Steven himself has stated it wasn't him on the new SOYL but to my ears it definitely is him, of course albeit heavily processed with modern technology for this newly made mix using the session multitracks

Yeah, well he also said recently that Kurt Cobain was Hendrix reincarnated, so y'know... He's not using again, is he?

12 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Yeah, well he also said recently that Kurt Cobain was Hendrix reincarnated, so y'know... He's not using again, is he?

Steven does strike me as the person least likely to give a reliable account of anything that happened during the Appetite era. The man probably doesn't even remember recording any of the GNR songs.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Maybe it’s just me but it doesn’t bother me one iota if the current band record in the studio. At the end of the day, this is GNR in 2018 and I would be keen to see what Fortus etc bring to the table. Having different elements in the mix may not be a bad thing.

i'm out of reactions but I definetely agree! I would love to see what Slash, Duff and Fortus can come up with together

For this entire process, Axl Slash and Duff have taken things step by step. If they are indeed releasing only a cover at first, it would align with how they’ve approached things thus far w the reunion. It gets them in the studio for a GNR project that has limited level of stress and gives a taste at how the process could work moving forward to something bigger. 

They’ve also used covers in the past to get things kicking in the studio for their own material. if it’s true and happens, just hope it’s better than how things went with Sympathy for the Devil

Edited by guitarpatch

4 hours ago, marinergtfc said:

It’s easy fucking peasy.

attach new fucking song the the new fucking avengers bullshit.

then, release new fucking album.

fucking bingo.

fucking voila.

(mic dropped).

....another fucking thing.

they won’t have to be in the fucking video either, because the fucking avengers would be fucking lipsynching the fucking song in slow-mo with fucking explosions going off n shit.

how fucking hard is it?

badda-bing badda-bong betty boo.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Someone said the Children of the Revolution cover might be an acoustic. They also mentioned the rumour regarding the live album, and Mitch Lafon acknowledged that he heard it too.

https://twitter.com/R__Y__O/status/1069798898930089986

Axl could use both his low register and high register on that song. 

Live album..I’m not sure this happens as a stand alone. I could see a show being put out with the cd as a bonus. I just don’t think they take the time to grab best performances from the tour and put together an album for it. Plus they’d have to secure the rights to all the covers they do. It’s too much work for a minimal work band. They are going to do something that’s already been taken care of. 

A new album worth of creative material...don’t count on this happening anytime soon. Maybe they go to work on it in 2019 but there is no way this band with this lineup can push out a new album by next year. Even if it’s CD leftovers there will be a lot of people involved in the process and it wouldn’t be finalized for a year or two. I don’t think they have even broken ground on a project like this and I think once they do that they will dig themselves deeper and deeper into it. It’s not going to be as simple as walking into the studio and recording their parts. The magnitude of Guns N Roses and new album will rear its head and I have no doubt that the rumors will intensify once this project begins.    

I hope something get released. Anything. I'd buy a live album. I wonder what they'll do with Axl's vocals. Will they use his 2006/2007, 2009/2010 voice? That would be a killer live record. I'd buy it. An EP or an album of new material, I'll buy it. I'm just hungry for GN'R music. With so many tours in the last decade a proper live album is overdue.

41 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Someone said the Children of the Revolution cover might be an acoustic. They also mentioned the rumour regarding the live album, and Mitch Lafon acknowledged that he heard it too.

https://twitter.com/R__Y__O/status/1069798898930089986

The song doesn't immediately strike me as an acoustic number. So that would be interesting if its the case. The main riff of Children of the Revolution is very similar to Buick McKanes main riff, so they might wanna change it up because of that.

• Like 1