RussTCB

New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

41 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

Someone said the Children of the Revolution cover might be an acoustic. They also mentioned the rumour regarding the live album, and Mitch Lafon acknowledged that he heard it too.

https://twitter.com/R__Y__O/status/1069798898930089986

The song doesn't immediately strike me as an acoustic number. So that would be interesting if its the case. The main riff of Children of the Revolution is very similar to Buick McKanes main riff, so they might wanna change it up because of that.

• Like 1

We are all talking about rumor about a live cd/dvd of a new live Of GNR. Somme of them are sying that the voice of Axl make it immpossible. the idear is to put here the best live of all song played on the NITLT tour

I seriously don’t see how a live album is possible with the state of Axl’s vocals. Even if they chose a show like Houston, that leaves songs like You Could Be Mine, Better etc. which are in rough shape and mostly are Mickey. I doubt Axl would want to release that.

Welp. I did say at this point I'd take any new GNR release I could get my hands on. Time to test that I guess. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I seriously don’t see how a live album is possible with the state of Axl’s vocals. Even if they chose a show like Houston, that leaves songs like You Could Be Mine, Better etc. which are in rough shape and mostly are Mickey. I doubt Axl would want to release that.

Overdubs.

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Just listened to Children of the Revolution. All I can picture is a lot of Mickey.

Actually I think it fits Axl perfect...

If they really are doing another live record I would repeat the process of Live Era and pick the best performances of different concerts throughout the tour, and leave certain songs out altogether that never sounded right live (like Better and YCBM).

Edited by rocknroll41

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Just listened to Children of the Revolution. All I can picture is a lot of Mickey.

That's the same impression I got from listening to it :lol: Can't get Mickey Axl off my head now

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I can’t imagine Axl singing that tune, though he’ll be using his lower range I reckon, similar to Bolan’s.

Anything new, I’ll be unbelievably happy. I’m just hoping that it’s not another few years for a full album.

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Appetite for Democracy got released...

• Like 1

Oh jeez. 10 pages are you kidding me?!?! :wow:

So what is this about? GnR doing a boring and meaningless cover of a Trex song? Is that all? Summary if you please :heart:

2 hours ago, soon said:

The main riff of Children of the Revolution is very similar to Buick McKanes main riff, 

Geez it's almost identical lol

5 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Geez it's almost identical lol

Guns is doing so many covers that they are now doing covers that lifted from previous covers, haha.

I hadnt heard this acoustic and piano centred version before. So maybe the acoustic thing makes even more sense and avoids the guitar riff.

10 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Oh jeez. 10 pages are you kidding me?!?! :wow:

So what is this about? GnR doing a boring and meaningless cover of a Trex song? Is that all? Summary if you please :heart:

This post explains the rumors. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The first official release of a 'new' song since Chinese Democracy will be a cover. :lol:

That said, i don't see the problem with Guns recording one song for a tribute album alongside others huge artists. That's pretty cool actually, and indicates Guns' relevance again. 

Who the hell wants a cover?!? This is one of thoses cases where you wish they don't release anything and call it a day,  "nothing is better than something".

Where are those damn hoarders when you need'em?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think I've said here before, but anything that gets Axl into the studio is a step in the right direction.

That doesn’t impress him much, I’m afraid. He’s been spending decades in studios without releasing anything.

• GNFNR 1

4 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think I've said here before, but anything that gets Axl into the studio is a step in the right direction.

Yeah... it's a drag to go to a studio and do what you supposedly like for a living... :facepalm:<_<

7 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

Yeah... it's a drag to go to a studio and do what you supposedly like for a living... :facepalm:<_<

It's really bullshit, tbh. If I had his level of talent I'd be releasing stuff left and right

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

He released the Vegas DVD with the old band....... Vocals were waaaaaaay worse 

• Like 2