New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

37 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I seriously don’t see how a live album is possible with the state of Axl’s vocals. Even if they chose a show like Houston, that leaves songs like You Could Be Mine, Better etc. which are in rough shape and mostly are Mickey. I doubt Axl would want to release that.

Overdubs.

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Just listened to Children of the Revolution. All I can picture is a lot of Mickey.

Actually I think it fits Axl perfect...

If they really are doing another live record I would repeat the process of Live Era and pick the best performances of different concerts throughout the tour, and leave certain songs out altogether that never sounded right live (like Better and YCBM).

Edited by rocknroll41

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I seriously don’t see how a live album is possible with the state of Axl’s vocals. Even if they chose a show like Houston, that leaves songs like You Could Be Mine, Better etc. which are in rough shape and mostly are Mickey. I doubt Axl would want to release that.

Appetite for Democracy got released...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Geez it's almost identical lol

Guns is doing so many covers that they are now doing covers that lifted from previous covers, haha.

I hadnt heard this acoustic and piano centred version before. So maybe the acoustic thing makes even more sense and avoids the guitar riff.

17 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The first official release of a 'new' song since Chinese Democracy will be a cover. :lol:

That said, i don't see the problem with Guns recording one song for a tribute album alongside others huge artists. That's pretty cool actually, and indicates Guns' relevance again. 

Who the hell wants a cover?!? This is one of thoses cases where you wish they don't release anything and call it a day,  "nothing is better than something".

Where are those damn hoarders when you need'em?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think I've said here before, but anything that gets Axl into the studio is a step in the right direction.

That doesn’t impress him much, I’m afraid. He’s been spending decades in studios without releasing anything.

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

He released the Vegas DVD with the old band....... Vocals were waaaaaaay worse 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

They always loved covers. Why were they doing Knocking in Heaven’s Door? In their prime? Or Mama Kin. I loved it in the beginning because it showed they were fans, too. But this has long gotten ridiculous and just a sign of laziness und un-creativity.

It's just one song on a tribute album. It doesn't take anything away from the possibility of a new GNR album at some point in the future. They've been asked to do a cover of a T-rex song for a tribute album, so instead of declining, they actually seem to have decided to do it. That's not laziness or un-creativity. Laziness would have been to say no.

We all want new GNR music, but this is not something that they release instead of new GNR material. This is just a bonus. That's the way I see it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl could use both his low register and high register on that song. 

Live album..I’m not sure this happens as a stand alone. I could see a show being put out with the cd as a bonus. I just don’t think they take the time to grab best performances from the tour and put together an album for it. Plus they’d have to secure the rights to all the covers they do. It’s too much work for a minimal work band. They are going to do something that’s already been taken care of. 

A new album worth of creative material...don’t count on this happening anytime soon. Maybe they go to work on it in 2019 but there is no way this band with this lineup can push out a new album by next year. Even if it’s CD leftovers there will be a lot of people involved in the process and it wouldn’t be finalized for a year or two. I don’t think they have even broken ground on a project like this and I think once they do that they will dig themselves deeper and deeper into it. It’s not going to be as simple as walking into the studio and recording their parts. The magnitude of Guns N Roses and new album will rear its head and I have no doubt that the rumors will intensify once this project begins.    

I guess a lot of fans are holding out hope that Axl/Slash/Duff have been working on it in secret for a while now. It's not beyond the realms of possibility. David Bowie made a massive surprise comeback when he released The Next Day and recorded it in secret without anybody knowing it was coming, so it is possible. And it also makes sense that they would keep their cards close to their chest, and publicly talk things down in interviews, as both Slash and especially Axl have come undone in the past from revealing/promising too much etc.

Of course, Slash could just simply be telling the truth, and perhaps they really haven't started work on anything yet, but when they do, I highly doubt we will know anything about it until the album is ready to drop.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Y’all ever heard of “beggars can’t be choosy”

17 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

Y’all ever heard of “beggars can’t be choosy”

Welcome to the best forum in the music biz Tino! ( aren’t u Ron burgundy’s friend ?lol

Edited by tony adler

23 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I guess a lot of fans are holding out hope that Axl/Slash/Duff have been working on it in secret for a while now. It's not beyond the realms of possibility. David Bowie made a massive surprise comeback when he released The Next Day and recorded it in secret without anybody knowing it was coming, so it is possible. And it also makes sense that they would keep their cards close to their chest, and publicly talk things down in interviews, as both Slash and especially Axl have come undone in the past from revealing/promising too much etc.

Of course, Slash could just simply be telling the truth, and perhaps they really haven't started work on anything yet, but when they do, I highly doubt we will know anything about it until the album is ready to drop.

Without knowing how well they'd write together these days, or if they'd get along if they tried, and what happened when Chinese Democracy was announced and took 14 years to get released, I could see them just playing around in the studio in secret just to see what happens without plans or making promises.