New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

7 hours ago, Wabby said:

Wouldn’t it be mind blowing if they had an album done and dropped it out of no where right before Christmas, similar to what Eminem did with Kamikaze earlier this year? Pipe dream I know, but would be amazing

Honestly, I could see this happening. One of the reasons Eminem released his last album as a 'surprise' was because of the reception his previous album got before it was even released. People saw the tracklist and gave him tons of shit for having songs with Beyonce, Pink, Ed Sheeran, etc., and while that album definitely deserved criticism, plenty of people decided it sucked before they even heard it.

If Guns announced an album 1-2 months ahead of time, people would undoubtedly go through the tracklist and make decisions about the songs before they heard them; "The General, isn't that from the Chinese Democracy era? Fuck this!!!11!1!", "Down By The Ocean? Real reunion confirmed!!!11!", and so on. If they just drop a surprise album, and there's no real expectations from fans and the media, it would probably benefit the reception. :axl:

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

31 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Honestly, I could see this happening. One of the reasons Eminem released his last album as a 'surprise' was because of the reception his previous album got before it was even released. People saw the tracklist and gave him tons of shit for having songs with Beyonce, Pink, Ed Sheeran, etc., and while that album definitely deserved criticism, plenty of people decided it sucked before they even heard it.

If Guns announced an album 1-2 months ahead of time, people would undoubtedly go through the tracklist and make decisions about the songs before they heard them; "The General, isn't that from the Chinese Democracy era? Fuck this!!!11!1!", "Down By The Ocean? Real reunion confirmed!!!11!", and so on. If they just drop a surprise album, and there's no real expectations from fans and the media, it would probably benefit the reception. :axl:

I'm kinda expecting and thinking this will happen. There are more music artists doing this nowadays. It protects them as well from being ripped off due to leaks. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I agree. It'd be a really good idea and would certainly make it more well-received. The expectations was one of the problems with CD. Aside from the botched promotion (or lack thereof), Axl dug himself into a hole talking about this amazing record for 15 years. When you do that, people have some high expectations after a while. If they do a surprise release, the only way to judge it is to give it a listen. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I agree. It'd be a really good idea and would certainly make it more well-received. The expectations was one of the problems with CD. Aside from the botched promotion (or lack thereof), Axl dug himself into a hole talking about this amazing record for 15 years. When you do that, people have some high expectations after a while. If they do a surprise release, the only way to judge it is to give it a listen. 

There’s too much money to be made off of these guys than to EVER drop something “out of the blue.” Look at how much buildup they did for the appetite box set and for a friggin single that was over 30 years old.  Any “new” material  will be promoted and hyped a thousand times more than anything we have seen.  Guns= millions of dollars. No way management/promoters will risk not getting their pockets lined. 

7 minutes ago, Creed said:

guys like you don't get it. sure, there are examples where good music don't achieve the success it should get. but with regard to CD and Eminems last album, the facts are clear: there was simply no hit material. CD has a lot of good ideas, but the final product is just a patchwork of washed up stuff. the album was ready in 99. Songs like prostitute, sorry, mi amor, ballad of death, etc shows that the ideas got worse and worse. don't expect any hits in CD2+3.

When Eminem is doing a song with Ed Sheeran you expect a hit. When Axl did CD and spent 14 mio dollars in the production you expect hits, too. 

there will be no new GnR Studio Album in 2019 since there haven't Bern in the Studio with Axl.

Better would have been a hit but there was zero promotion. Hence why management will never make that mistake again. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

Live albums/concert DVD's should always be recorded somewhere in South America, remember AC/DC at River Plate? What an amazing crowd.

Im not in the US but id prefer a US show, or hopefully different tracks from different shows around the world. Just to see the different audiences in other countries like maiden did with somewhere back in time.

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm not super excited about the prospects of either the T. Rex song or the live album. At least a cover song shows they've been in a studio and that's positive, I guess.

NITL Live Era? We've already gotten 3 live streams for free.

As long as a live album or dvd ties us to an official release in 2020 then id be ok......in terms of GNR product i think we are at a point where beggers cant be choosers. But i hope this will all,ow Axl to be confident in releasing GNR product with punk as fuck and slash back inn the band. Slash markets SKMC well, so hoping nando takes notes.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Creed said:

guys like you don't get it. sure, there are examples where good music don't achieve the success it should get. but with regard to CD and Eminems last album, the facts are clear: there was simply no hit material. CD has a lot of good ideas, but the final product is just a patchwork of washed up stuff. the album was ready in 99. Songs like prostitute, sorry, mi amor, ballad of death, etc shows that the ideas got worse and worse. don't expect any hits in CD2+3.

When Eminem is doing a song with Ed Sheeran you expect a hit. When Axl did CD and spent 14 mio dollars in the production you expect hits, too. this has nothing to do with a bashing of Axl or Eminem. 

there will be no new GnR Studio Album in 2019 since they haven't been in the studio with Axl.

First of all the Eminem/Ed Sheeran collaboration was a hit. It reached number one in numerous countries. and it's still one of the most listened to songs in my country But being a hit and being a good song are two totally different things. Sure, sometimes hits are good songs but most of the time they're trash. Or would you say that Justin Bieber makes the best music on this planet currently cause his songs are hits all the time?

I don't even know if I want GNR to make hit songs. I mean what would it even require for a rock song to be a hit in our time? Should GNR collaborate with a quest vocalist like Ariana Grande? No, what we want is good music, not hit music. CD had a lot of good songs on it. Prostitute was amazing and Sorry was decent too. Mi Amor and Ballad of Death are just DJ Ashbas crap solos. They're not GNR songs and they're not in any way an indication of what CD2 would sound like. If you want to know what CD2 sounds like, you should probably listen to the Checkmate leak or the intro that they used in GNR concerts in 2006, called The General.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ezosk said:

btw is there anything else pointing that intro is actually The General besides Axl once saying "you might have heard it somewhere" to someone and people assuming it was it?

Yes, someone once asked what the name of the intro is (was it on the gnr twitter account)

And the GNR camp answered that the name of the intro is the general.

So it's not an assumption. They've confirmed that it is in fact the general.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Edward Nygma said:

Have Guns N’ Roses been back in the studio?

Online rumours suggest Guns N’ Roses may have recorded a track for a T-Rex and Marc Bolan tribute album

https://www.loudersound.com/news/have-guns-n-roses-been-back-in-the-studio

Do we have Journos lurking? Its not the first time things discussed here have made there way onto online news sites.

There absolutely are journalists lurking. There are like some hundreds of thousands members on here. It'd be foolish for music journos who cover GNR not to be members of every major GNR forum as a source of info.

• Like 1

Not In This Lifetime Tour is coming to an end, but for now the band’s plans beyond that are only rumors and uncharted waters. Nevertheless, it’s a safe bet to anticipate a LIVE release based on this enormously succesful ride all over the world. But what kind of a release it would be? Let’s discuss what would you like to hear and in what form. Here’s 6 common live album ideas and types of releases. You have to choose TWO(2) trom this - which you would have released, if you “were in charge”. Also you may add some thoughts about what concerts it should be based on. 

1. NITL Live Documentary: ~2 hrs of a Live footage of the best performances of top songs + 30 mins of backstage video & interviews - home video release / theatrical run. 

2. Standard “Live Bootleg”: a complete 2 hrs 40 mins show from a particular date - audio & home video release / theatrical run

3. Extended “Live Bootleg”: a complete 3 hrs 20 mins show from a particular date - audio & home video release. 

4. Tour Compilation: 3 hrs of the best performances - audio release.

5. “Double” Bootleg: 2,5 - 3 hrs live album from two/three shows at one place (Coachella, LA, NY, etc.) - audio release. 

6. “Frankenstein Album” - 2,5 - 3 hrs of a single footage with an audio source from several gigs - video & audio release

As for me, suppose gonna choose 1 & 4. We have enough full concerts: in SBD (Forum, Apollo, Rio), IEM (San Diego, Vegas, Tokyo etc.) and in a decent AUD quality - maybe not all of them represent the band in the best shape, but in a case with NITL tour there is hard to find a concert where an every song was in its best - they are distributed among several. So, to get a full pro-shot would be cool, but will need several gigs to get a full experience, so a “compilation” with a montage of a new backstage footage and interviews would be a perfect match. And of course a compilation album (no oberdubbs!!!) is an essential addition. Preferable gigs for the song selection: Houston 2016, Foxboro 2016, MGS third night, Detroit 2017, San Diego 2017...

Edited by nikothebellic