Jump to content
RussTCB

New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

Recommended Posts

Ya I’d be extremely disappointed if it was a live album, although I really like their version of Witchita Lineman. Wouldn’t it be mind blowing if they had an album done and dropped it out of no where right before Christmas, similar to what Eminem did with Kamikaze earlier this year? Pipe dream I know, but would be amazing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would personally be shocked it if was something other than a live album/Blu-Ray.  It's such a GNR thing to do.  If we do get studio tracks it will most definitely be a cover(s).  If this band is going to record new songs the process will make baby steps look like long strides.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, donny said:

remember that web page that popped up, had a countdown with several seconds of SOYL playing including a few guitar licks we hadn't heard before ?

i'm waiting for something similar but with several seconds of a brand new song.

That would be awesome

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Live albums/concert DVD's should always be recorded somewhere in South America, remember AC/DC at River Plate? What an amazing crowd.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I guess I lump a live record with a Blu Ray. If its just audio thatd be a waste

I would buy that but only for the Blu Ray..  If it was a Live Album from the classic era I would be all over it. Even if it was just a remastered Ritz...

2 minutes ago, TheGeneral said:

Live albums/concert DVD's should always be recorded somewhere in South America, remember AC/DC at River Plate? What an amazing crowd.

Never a bad option.. In this case I would like to see a Blu Ray with appearances all over the works that show how the excitement of the whole tour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

I would personally be shocked it if was something other than a live album/Blu-Ray.

That would be awesome if the concert they are going to release is from the real Gn'R era (87-93).  Not interested in seeing fat Axl dying on stage and fat Slash noodling his signature melodic solos in high resolution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheGeneral said:

Live albums/concert DVD's should always be recorded somewhere in South America, remember AC/DC at River Plate? What an amazing crowd.

There's plenty of other good crowds out there. Italy, Scandinavia, and Poland are some of the highlights for me in Europe. Mexico is top notch too. Japan is very cool, but very different. 

 

If it's a band that doesn't frequently release live stuff, sure, go for South America I guess. But if it's a band that consistently releases live stuff, it's frustrating when so much of it gets recorded in South America. Other crowds deserve a chance to shine too. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watched a few youtube videos about the Dodger Stadium gig in 2016. Axl Rose is on fire.. what a show.. even Yesterdays sounds really okay. Mickey Mouse here and there but WTTJ or Nightrain on full rasp on Blu Ray or a Steven Adler on drums on a EPIC full rasp Out Ta Get Me it's a one in a lifetime moment for me :-) please release this shit!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't spend one more dollar in shows, live albums or DVD's. if it's something like that, I'll just add the songs on apple music, and won't spend a dime.

My next GNR purchase will have to be either a new album, or the UYI remaster set. I won't spend a dime for any other stuff...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I could ban you for that :lol:

I would probably deserve it!

I feel terrible for saying that.

I take it all back - I love Slash!

He's just looking comfortable in his middle age.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

That would be awesome if the concert they are going to release is from the real Gn'R era (87-93).  Not interested in seeing fat Axl dying on stage and fat Slash noodling his signature melodic solos in high resolution.

I think it's the first time I've ever read your "real GNR" routine, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

I could ban you for that :lol:

Use you power, go ban he:lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

The law of Guns N' Roses is that anything which will get your excited such as new music will not happen, whereas anything which is boring overpriced recycled nostalgia will happen.

Quick! Everyone get excited about boring overpriced recycled nostalgia! Maybe it'll have the opposite effect :lol:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wabby said:

Wouldn’t it be mind blowing if they had an album done and dropped it out of no where right before Christmas, similar to what Eminem did with Kamikaze earlier this year? Pipe dream I know, but would be amazing

 

Honestly, I could see this happening. One of the reasons Eminem released his last album as a 'surprise' was because of the reception his previous album got before it was even released. People saw the tracklist and gave him tons of shit for having songs with Beyonce, Pink, Ed Sheeran, etc., and while that album definitely deserved criticism, plenty of people decided it sucked before they even heard it.

If Guns announced an album 1-2 months ahead of time, people would undoubtedly go through the tracklist and make decisions about the songs before they heard them; "The General, isn't that from the Chinese Democracy era? Fuck this!!!11!1!", "Down By The Ocean? Real reunion confirmed!!!11!", and so on. If they just drop a surprise album, and there's no real expectations from fans and the media, it would probably benefit the reception. :axl:

 

  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

 

Honestly, I could see this happening. One of the reasons Eminem released his last album as a 'surprise' was because of the reception his previous album got before it was even released. People saw the tracklist and gave him tons of shit for having songs with Beyonce, Pink, Ed Sheeran, etc., and while that album definitely deserved criticism, plenty of people decided it sucked before they even heard it.

If Guns announced an album 1-2 months ahead of time, people would undoubtedly go through the tracklist and make decisions about the songs before they heard them; "The General, isn't that from the Chinese Democracy era? Fuck this!!!11!1!", "Down By The Ocean? Real reunion confirmed!!!11!", and so on. If they just drop a surprise album, and there's no real expectations from fans and the media, it would probably benefit the reception. :axl:

 

I'm kinda expecting and thinking this will happen. There are more music artists doing this nowadays. It protects them as well from being ripped off due to leaks. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ezosk said:

I would like to hear a Guns cover of Working Man by Rush.

I've always thought that song would sound good with Axl, and 2112 too. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

If Guns announced an album 1-2 months ahead of time, people would undoubtedly go through the tracklist and make decisions about the songs before they heard them; "The General, isn't that from the Chinese Democracy era? Fuck this!!!11!1!", "Down By The Ocean? Real reunion confirmed!!!11!", and so on. If they just drop a surprise album, and there's no real expectations from fans and the media, it would probably benefit the reception. :axl:

I agree. It'd be a really good idea and would certainly make it more well-received. The expectations was one of the problems with CD. Aside from the botched promotion (or lack thereof), Axl dug himself into a hole talking about this amazing record for 15 years. When you do that, people have some high expectations after a while. If they do a surprise release, the only way to judge it is to give it a listen. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×