New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

4 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Axl alluded to new music...or something new last night.

"We had to get through this to get to what's next" or something like that.

My hopes for something new are slightly higher than before, but also very low because this is Gn'R. I think we're in a better position then we were a few years ago, however.

Sounds very promising! They have probably decided to do an album prior to making that statement. Or else he wouldnt have said that.

He said they'll have to finish the tour for something else to come. It wouldn't make sense if it's just another tour. Let's hope for the best!

• GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, 3rd Wheel said:

Did Axl say in that clip, "We have to do this first so we can get back in the studio"?

I believe he said the word "studio." Someone correct me if not.

Pretty sure he didnt say studio. I just heard smth like "We have to do this first so we can see what we'll do next"

10 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Pretty sure he didnt say studio. I just heard smth like "We have to do this first so we can see what we'll do next"

Then he said “see how that works” 

which to me is the biggest grab of everything because it seems to be a stab at recent rumors. Basically saying “we had to see if we could finish a tour together, then we can look into what’s happening next, but we plan on being around.” 

Now that the tour is done, people can look into what kind of project will come next for gnr. But when rumors are being thrown around about an already complete new album, that’s simply not true. And the only way that happens now is if they get together and work on it. 

So I think Axl was being a bit sarcastic. He hears the noise on the side though 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Sanomatovic said:

Sounds like he said "We had to do this first and you helped us do that, so..". He kinda rolls his tongue when he says 'do that' so I'm still not 100% sure

1:59

“We can’t do what’s next until we finish this, see”

something in the way he says that seems he is well aware of what’s next.... studio album :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, vloors said:

To have a nobody like kesha who wouldnt have any idea who trex is anyway on that album. Now that would be an insult to trex if anything.

Rumored guests u2, foo fighters, elton john, joan jet, perry farrell and kesha?? Doesnt really fit the mold for me. Now slot gnr in the place of kesha and it fits perfect along side of those other artists/bands for the tribute.

*update* did some googling and supposedly she is on the tribute err terrible choice in my opinion.

Kesha can actually really sing, I saw her recently on Fallon's show performing with a rock band called The Struts and she did the rock thing well.  I think she can be a good pick for the tribute album

3 hours ago, Sanomatovic said:

Sounds like he said "We had to do this first and you helped us do that, so..". He kinda rolls his tongue when he says 'do that' so I'm still not 100% sure

1:59

I hear "...we hope to keep this thing running, so we'll see what happens next. We had to get through this first, and you're helping us do that, so...we can't do what's next until we finish this, right? See? "

I'm not on any level uncertain that's what he says there. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, donny said:

Kesha talking last month about songs that she likes.

Children of the revolution is third on the list.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/10/11/kesha-shares-ten-favorite-songs-empowerment-and-equality/1595094002/

LOL at the guy who said she wouldn't know who t.rex is.

Good list of tunes there too

On 9-12-2018 at 1:00 AM, bax said:

I would think they would be better off selling individual shows without much if any marketing like Pearl Jam. 

The Black Crowes and Metallica did/do that too. I love it and I think it's a great model to cater to the fans. Pearl Jam are going one step further by also offering pressed copies, but even in a digital-only format it's awesome. I'd love it if more bands did this. I'd probabnly buy most concerts I've gone to. 

• Like 1

On 9-12-2018 at 10:18 AM, Gimpy Hewitt said:

The double album thing wouldn’t necessarily mean that there could be studio stuff on one album, a full concert would need to be split into two and I wouldn’t put it passed them to release part 1 and part 2 of a show like the Tokyo dvd

I wouldn't buy that even if it was just to not give in to a shameless moneygrab. 

23 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

If it’s a double album, I don’t even have hope that it’s a full NITL show - CD’s run 80 minutes, so two discs is a maximum of 2 hrs 40 mins. 

A regular GnR show from this tour should span 3 discs. Metallica did it with Live Shit, Crosby Stills & Nash with 1974 and Leonard Cohen with Live in Dublin. Anything short of a 3-disc concert at a normal price is an insult to us as fans imo. Especially from this band. 

Edited by username
  • GNFNR 1

14 minutes ago, username said:

The Black Crowes and Metallica did/do that too. I love it and I think it's a great model to cater to the fans. Pearl Jam are going one step further by also offering pressed copies, but even in a digital-only format it's awesome. I'd love it if more bands did this. I'd probabnly buy most concerts I've gone to. 

I saw the Allman Brothers several years ago, and they actually had it set up where you could order the soundboard right after the show. That model would work for most any artist  I imagine. 

I think it will looks like this

CD 1

01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Chinese Democracy
04. Welcome To The Jungle
05. Double Talkin' Jive
06. Estranged
07. Live And Let Die
08. Rocket Queen
09. You Could Be Mine
10. Attitude
11. This I Love
12. Civil War

CD 2

01. Sweet Child O' Mine
02. Better
03. Coma
04. Out Ta Get Me
05. My Michelle
06. November Rain
07. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
08. Nightrain
09. Don't Cry
10. Patience
11. The Seeker
12. Paradise City

I don't know why anyone is hating on a live album being the next release. It will probably be a live blu ray (maybe even with a full tour documentary) + accompanying cd set, like Opeth's recent Garden of Titans. We're basically getting the cd as a bonus.

Axl and co seem positive to get to work on the new album (going by axl's speech at the last show) and this release would just be something they can give us without distracting from their new albums goals. I honestly hope this is the plan.

Edited by Sonicjam
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sonicjam said:

I don't know why anyone is hating on a live album being the next release. It will probably be a live blu ray (maybe even with a full tour documentary) + accompanying cd set, like Opeth's recent Garden of Titans. We're basically getting the cd as a bonus.

Axl and co seem positive to get to work on the new album (going by axl's speech at the last show) and this release would just be something they can give us without distracting from their new albums goals. I honestly hope this is the plan.

Where have you been?? Have you seen any release of GNR (without counting on the AFD remaster) with extras??

18 hours ago, vloors said:

To have a nobody like kesha who wouldnt have any idea who trex is anyway on that album. Now that would be an insult to trex if anything.

Rumored guests u2, foo fighters, elton john, joan jet, perry farrell and kesha?? Doesnt really fit the mold for me. Now slot gnr in the place of kesha and it fits perfect along side of those other artists/bands for the tribute.

*update* did some googling and supposedly she is on the tribute err terrible choice in my opinion.

I'm far from being a Kesha fan (I personally think her voice is fucking horrible), but I can assure you she definitely knows who T Rex are, she's actually a rock fan herself. She even had a feature on an Alice Cooper album, which was surprisingly a highlight.

It's pretty dumb and ignorant when people take the attitude that popstars don't know anything about "real music".

Even though I'm not a fan, I think it would be a good thing for someone like her to be on the album. It's great when artists step out of their usual genre and out of their "comfort zone", as it were.

I dare say she would be a better fit than GN'R - I couldn't help but doubt the T Rex cover rumour because Children Of The Revolution seemed like such a strange choice for GN'R, I always thought it was too cheesy to work, unlike something like Buick Makane, but that's just me. Also the thought of Mickey all over it is too much to bear. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

I was talking to someone in the know today. I was telling them about the rumours that Susan's posted on Instagram and they said "Nobody cares about a live record. A live record doesn’t give you another tour cycle. They need another tour cycle "

Here's hoping we get some studio news next year then!

• Like 1