New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

10 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

They hide the others like they are a dirty secret. If they were going to forge ahead with everyone for writing and new material, great. Since they are not, and just going the nostalgia route, it was even more dumb not to have Izzy and Steven

I know that Richard and Frank are making good money and playing to massive crowds but I wonder if they will regret what they've done with their talent in the future.

They've created very little over long careers. Played other peoples songs a lot. Written and released bugger all.

Almost feels like they've given their best years to Axl and in the end will have very little to show for it - other that a shit load of money!

1 minute ago, DK6 said:

I know that Richard and Frank are making good money and playing to massive crowds but I wonder if they will regret what they've done with their talent in the future.

They've created very little over long careers. Played other peoples songs a lot. Written and released bugger all.

Almost feels like they've given their best years to Axl and in the end will have very little to show for it - other that a shit load of money!

That's enough for a lot of people though - to make a decent living out of music. The rock industry isn't what it was if you weren't already a big name pre 2000ish It's also a gamble to turn down a steady income to focus on your own material that may never get far.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, DK6 said:

Richard did some cool stuff since he joined GNR tho, the two albuns he did with the Daisies are specially great. 

Not sure if he would be able to do that havent he joined GNR. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, default_ said:

Richard did some cool stuff since he joined GNR tho, the two albuns he did with the Daisies are specially great. 

Not sure if he would be able to do that havent he joined GNR. 

Yeah that's fair enough.

I guess i was mostly thinking of GNR when i wrote that.

He's been in GNR for 15+?? years and has written a bit of rhythm guitar behind a lead solo in one song.

It doesn't seem like much to show for years of work in a band.

Then again you don't need to be releasing music to be getting a lot of enjoyment out of writing it. So who knows what else he is up to.

Basically - I just want them to release new music!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DK6 said:

Yeah that's fair enough.

I guess i was mostly thinking of GNR when i wrote that.

He's been in GNR for 15+?? years and has written a bit of rhythm guitar behind a lead solo in one song.

It doesn't seem like much to show for years of work in a band.

Then again you don't need to be releasing music to be getting a lot of enjoyment out of writing it. So who knows what else he is up to.

Basically - I just want them to release new music!!

Yeah, even if GNR decides to writte a new album im not so sure these guys would be creatively involved once Slash and Duff are back. 

But I guess he is happy where he is at, he is playin stadiums, earning a "lot" and making a livin of what he loves. 

49 minutes ago, default_ said:

Yeah, even if GNR decides to writte a new album im not so sure these guys would be creatively involved once Slash and Duff are back. 

But I guess he is happy where he is at, he is playin stadiums, earning a "lot" and making a livin of what he loves. 

Of the people in the band to be involved in a new album other than the big 3 I’d expect Fortus to be the most involved in composition

I could see it being a tightened up NITL live album. All the newish stuff makes a nice little album. Like a Live Best Of II. 

It’s so Easy

Mr Brownstone

Chinese Democracy

Better

Estranged

Double Talking Jive 

Coma

Shadow of your Love

Whole Lotta Rosie

Catcher in the Rye

Nightrain

Used to Love Her

Wichita Lineman

Madagascar

11 minutes ago, wasted said:

I could see it being a tightened up NITL live album. All the newish stuff makes a nice little album. Like a Live Best Of II. 

It’s so Easy

Mr Brownstone

Chinese Democracy

Better

Estranged

Double Talking Jive 

Coma

Shadow of your Love

Whole Lotta Rosie

Catcher in the Rye

Nightrain

Used to Love Her

Wichita Lineman

Madagascar

What's the likelihood of This I Love being left off?

Nice idea though!

You'd need a 3rd Disc just for RQ and KOHD!

Edited by DK6

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Not having any self-esteem is bad? I agree but even in Dizzy's situation, he's not one of the guy's people care about or want to see. Axl keeps the hired hands around even though they're unnecessary, I don't think they deserve more than that.

Self-esteem in Izzy or Steven's case makes sense to me.

Sure that Izzy and Steven are of other league, but Dizzy many years is with Axl , but don't  have minimun reconigtion, i guess he already be accostumed a this situation.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Fortus' playing still irks me in a good percent of the videos I watch

I sometimes wonder if he is playing certain parts to add something good to the song or the fact hes bored with the setlist. Hes been  in the band for a number of years and basically been on numerous CD tours with the same setlist. There must be alot of boredom in his mind which would show in the playing out of frustration.

2 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Sure that Izzy and Steven are of other league, but Dizzy many years is with Axl , but don't  have minimun reconigtion, i guess he already be accostumed a this situation.

He seems to be a cool and down to earth guy. I think he's just grateful for Axl to include him in the band even when they didn't need him back in the 90s. As long as he's able to play Pretty Tied Up with Hookers & Blow, he's a happy man!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Not having any self-esteem is bad? I agree but even in Dizzy's situation, he's not one of the guy's people care about or want to see. Axl keeps the hired hands around even though they're unnecessary, I don't think they deserve more than that.

Self-esteem in Izzy or Steven's case makes sense to me.

Agree with this. Dizzy and frank are replaceable and not recognisable as major players as part of the guns n roses name/brand. Well at least amongst hardcore fans. It would go axl, slash, duff, richard, melissa and frank/dizzy as equal. I think axl has higher regard for melissa and as much as it pains me to say this any studio stuff she will be apart of for synths/programming stuff.

Edited by Sydney Fan