New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

13 minutes ago, IndiannaRose said:

How does everyone feel about a short 4 to 5 song EP? I think it would reduce pressure on the band while giving us fans some new material to listen to. In addition to that, it would give them some new songs to play live that would help lessen the partial reunion's nostalgia factor. 

Bring it on! 🤘

• GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, IndiannaRose said:

How does everyone feel about a short 4 to 5 song EP? I think it would reduce pressure on the band while giving us fans some new material to listen to. In addition to that, it would give them some new songs to play live that would help lessen the partial reunion's nostalgia factor. 

I'd love anything that's new. But if I can be picky, and we all know you can't with GnR, I'd want two different things. 

1. A release of the material created between 1998 and 2004. In that form. No added whatever by Ron Thal or Ashba or anything. Just the CD project as it was originally envisioned. 

2. New material from the band that just did the NITL tour. 

The thing is, I don't want them to get mixed together. I'd be far less interested in Slash and Duff re-recording and re-working the music that Axl created with the 1998-2004 band. 

But yeah, an EP of either of those two options would be amazing. Preferably option 2. I'd buy that, without a doubt. 

And I'm still dreaming of option 1 being released as a box set to close that chapter. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, username said:

I'd love anything that's new. But if I can be picky, and we all know you can't with GnR, I'd want two different things. 

1. A release of the material created between 1998 and 2004. In that form. No added whatever by Ron Thal or Ashba or anything. Just the CD project as it was originally envisioned. 

2. New material from the band that just did the NITL tour. 

The thing is, I don't want them to get mixed together. I'd be far less interested in Slash and Duff re-recording and re-working the music that Axl created with the 1998-2004 band. 

But yeah, an EP of either of those two options would be amazing. Preferably option 2. I'd buy that, without a doubt. 

And I'm still dreaming of option 1 being released as a box set to close that chapter. I'd buy that in a heartbeat. 

I completely agree with you.

I'd prefer option 2 as well, and I don't think those two things should be mixed together. If we are to get new material from this latest touring band, then I think they should use a completely new slate and start fresh. The truth is that Axl's music with the previous band will most likely sound dated as it has been so long since those songs were created/worked on. Though, as you suggested, if it was released as part of some box set or compilation of rare/unreleased material then I'd more than welcome it.  

Edited by IndiannaRose
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I think a 4 song ep with an additional 4-6 live songs (possibly the covers) from the NITLT (similar to Lies) would actually be a nice release for the fans...and relatively easy for the band to release.

That would be cool. I like the 4 song EP with 4-6 live songs.  I don't know about all the live songs being covers though.  

4 song EP of new studio tracks.
A couple of the covers re-recorded in the studio.. Maybe the Seeker and Whitchita 
One re-recorded CD song like the title track and have them re-record Slither
A handful of select live performances from the tour. 

• Like 1

They could do a 4 new songs EP with 4 live versions from NITL plus SOYL and acoustic Move to the City. Its already on the single and box? Yeah, but it would be cool for those who havent bought or listened those yet as an album would probably be more promoted and reach more casuals and people that got out of the GNR loop. 

54 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

I ordered mine yesterday, it said it is a pre-order and would ship early January. Woke up this morning to find an email with tracking number saying it was shipped 😊

7 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Same here today :)

That's nice to hear. The shipping early January was a joke maybe :lol:

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Why not?  The shows I saw musicially sounded fucking awesome

seeing it is one thing. The experience makes the show. Take away the crowd and all that and you are fooling yourself if you think Axl sounds good enough for a true live album. They would have to pick and choose the best performance from different shows and leave some songs out all together. The same can be said about the band to some extent as well. This lineup renditions of songs like KOHD, Paradise City, Yesterdays, Used To Love Her, Patience, Don't Cry, Rocket Queen and so on don't hand a candle to the classic lineups. 

I fail to see the point of a live album unless it's done as a DVD. We've already got Live Era, and this would just be like that but with worse vocals. I'd still prefer it to nothing of course, though

Edited by Caedo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

seeing it is one thing. The experience makes the show. Take away the crowd and all that and you are fooling yourself if you think Axl sounds good enough for a true live album. They would have to pick and choose the best performance from different shows and leave some songs out all together. The same can be said about the band to some extent as well. This lineup renditions of songs like KOHD, Paradise City, Yesterdays, Used To Love Her, Patience, Don't Cry, Rocket Queen and so on don't hand a candle to the classic lineups. 

Personally I feel like there were a lot of shows from 2016 that would be good enough to sound great with a professionally done sound mix.  And the weaker momemts of those shows would be on par with some of the moments of the Appetite for Democracy live video so I think it would be ok all in all.

I have heard tons of full show boots from 2016 and there are a lot of shows where they can make a good release out of it vocally

Not only do I think that a live album could work - I am truly hoping one happens!  Whether it is taking the best whole show of 2016, which I am confident would be fine, or from different shows I think a BluRay/CD combo would be a smart move

Edited by WhazUp

It’s probably best to practice some stoicism here. Expect nothing and you won’t be disappointed. Remove hope and you remove suffering.

We didn’t expect that Troubadour show, we didn’t expect the shows to continue with Axl’s broken leg, we didn’t expect AXL/DC, we didn’t expect SOYL or that ridiculous AFD box set, we definitely didn’t expect this tour to last nearly 3yrs and be as successful as it was.

I don’t think GnR expected any of the above either.

That said, even though the tour has run it’s course, I can’t help but feel emotional about it. I can’t help hoping for more unexpected things.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HellfireBetty said:

It’s probably best to practice some stoicism here. Expect nothing and you won’t be disappointed. Remove hope and you remove suffering.

We didn’t expect that Troubadour show, we didn’t expect the shows to continue with Axl’s broken leg, we didn’t expect AXL/DC, we didn’t expect SOYL or that ridiculous AFD box set, we definitely didn’t expect this tour to last nearly 3yrs and be as successful as it was.

I don’t think GnR expected any of the above either.

That said, even though the tour has run it’s course, I can’t help but feel emotional about it. I can’t help hoping for more unexpected things.

So:

expect nothing - > something happens 

expect something-> nothing happens  

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Haha 1