New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

I thought @downzy was a great ‘in the know’ poster? I am sure he mentioned previously that there were rumblings of activity happening in the background (although no details of what that was).

IMO there is to much material in the bank for nothing to be released - Duff/Slash reviewing and amending/adding details is 100% fine with me and makes it no less a GNR album.

I don't understand anyone saying they wouldn't want or accept an album of "leftovers" from Axl/Various members from the past.

To us, a song we haven't heard is a new song. I get the desire for new-new material but this is a band that hasn't released anything in over 10 years and a group of 3 in nearly 3 times that time.

Rumours in the GnR world are always taken with a tub of salt and rightly so, but I certainly ain't picky anymore. 

Just release something :lol:

• Like 2

With Slash touring for most of 2019 a live album makes most sense.

They should make it a 3 disc set and call it Live Era '16 - '18 and put every song that was played during NITL on it so it will have Slither, the Seeker, Wichita and SOYL etc.

Have the track listing follow the same pattern as a typical NITL set list but copy the original Live Era in that the best performances of a song is used. Throw the Adler cameos on it as well.

The album cover should be similar to the original but instead of gig flyers they should have six Lithos on it - Cinci, London Night 1, Kobe and 3 others.

Then in 2020 hopefully we get a new album.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really can't see them doing a covers album. There would be an extraordinary amount of hype around Axl/Slash/Duff releasing an album together for the first time in 25 years, they would really be wasting all that hype if they just released half a dozen covers

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Just release something :lol:

Paul Tobias from the vault? 

IMO it's natural that these kind of rumors surface when the tour is coming to an end. But I think they are based on what people are hoping to happen, not what is going to happen. But nobody can say for sure that they are not going to release anything either. I'm going to quote @RussTCB's favorite line: we'll just have to wait and see.:lol:

Edited by Fourteenbeers
  • Like 2

Honestly, I can't imagine what GNR's new songs would be about? I would love to be pleasantly surprised anyway.

When I hear the original GNR songs, I can't imagine releasing any new songs that could match up to them.

I would also be very happy with a NITL cd/dvd release. I think this is a must for all GNR fans to have since Slash and Duff is back.

Edited by dontdamnmeuyi2015
more

I hope it's not a live album. The recording at the forum and Apollo, just sounds wimpy. The drums and guitars just sound like they lack punchy-ness and depth. A live album could probably change that, but do we really need one when there's no new songs? I'd empty my bank account for some UYI live material or for a new album. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Caedo said:

I really can't see them doing a covers album. There would be an extraordinary amount of hype around Axl/Slash/Duff releasing an album together for the first time in 25 years, they would really be wasting all that hype if they just released half a dozen covers

Agreed, is ridicoulous more covers, enough covers already.