New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

7 minutes ago, RageKage said:

Well I do. But as you can imagine I won't say who. But his information has been accurate. (Duff solo album for example)

At this point, pretty much everybody and their brother has a "source they can't name" over the past several months. We'll have to see what happens I guess :)

I personally continue maintaining my same stance; I'll see it when I believe it. I don't expect new a new GN'R album anytime soon, but I would love to be wrong!

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

38 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

At this point, pretty much everybody and their brother has a "source they can't name" over the past several months. We'll have to see what happens I guess :)

I personally continue maintaining my same stance; I'll see it when I believe it. I don't expect new a new GN'R album anytime soon, but I would love to be wrong!

If Axl himself announces the album you have to still have that stance because he told us Chinese Democracy would be out in March 2006 and we were left empty handed.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

You knows what sad guys. I was going over the concerts I've been to with my friend, he mentioned Metallica. I actually looked up the location of the show and date- and sent him a gift of the soundboard from the show. (This was a 2004 show btw)

1. GN'R would never do this unfortunately, although I must admit if they did, I'd buy every UYI show probably haha

What's even more sad is that we began going over some of the live statistics you can find on Setlist.fm for Metallica. Which peaked my curiosity, and I began looking at the stats for GN'R. GN'R has performed more cover tunes than original songs from either UYI album, and more than all the songs from Lies. 

I said to him, "Man, we need a new Guns N' Roses album", his reply was "really? Do we actually need one?" 

My response was simply, "YES, there are less than 50 songs in which Slash, Axl, Izzy, and Duff appear on together when you take out covers". 

Less than 50.. :/ and yet the band has sold more than 100 million records. 

I'm desperate for a new album, I think we all are-even the NuGNR fanatics who think Chinese Democracy is their best album. BUT, it might not happen till the end of next year. Could you imagine touring for 3 years, then releasing an album and trying to tour the world again? They would have to do what Metallica and other big successful bands do, residency at some place until they actually release the album-then tour internationally after. I think this is what they're planning, and it might be 2 years until a new album. 

Progress is beyond slow from this band. I can't imagine they'd tour the world release an album and then attempt to tour the world within a year after the reunion tour. I'm sure people would see them, but no way is it at successful as the NITL tour

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

You knows what sad guys. I was going over the concerts I've been to with my friend, he mentioned Metallica. I actually looked up the location of the show and date- and sent him a gift of the soundboard from the show. (This was a 2004 show btw)

1. GN'R would never do this unfortunately, although I must admit if they did, I'd buy every UYI show probably haha

What's even more sad is that we began going over some of the live statistics you can find on Setlist.fm for Metallica. Which peaked my curiosity, and I began looking at the stats for GN'R. GN'R has performed more cover tunes than original songs from either UYI album, and more than all the songs from Lies. 

I said to him, "Man, we need a new Guns N' Roses album", his reply was "really? Do we actually need one?" 

My response was simply, "YES, there are less than 50 songs in which Slash, Axl, Izzy, and Duff appear on together when you take out covers". 

I'm desperate for a new album, I think we all are-even the NuGNR fanatics who think Chinese Democracy is their best album. BUT, it might not happen till the end of next year. Could you imagine touring for 3 years, then releasing an album and trying to tour the world again? They would have to do what Metallica and other big successful bands do, residency at some place until they actually release the album-then tour internationally after. I think this is what they're planning, and it might be 2 years until a new album. 

Progress is beyond slow from this band. I can't imagine they'd tour the world release an album and then attempt to tour the world within a year after the reunion tour. I'm sure people would see them, but no way is it at successful as the NITL tour

I actually wanted an album just to see what these guys could do together after all those years, its more of a curiosity thing. I dont really think it would be out of this world or even great, Im just curious. If its good, great, but I dont really have expectations. 

1 hour ago, brad_k said:

Can I pull a random unknown source out of my ass? :lol:

Honest question. How can anyone realistically post who told them something without it getting back to the person which will ultimately lead to the person never opening their mouth again? Granted, everyone wants to be someone who knows something is happening, but most are completely full of shit and looking for attention. However, there are a few people on this forum (and others) who know what’s being planned. Let’s just all take a breath and wait till next year. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Honest question. How can anyone realistically post who told them something without it getting back to the person which will ultimately lead to the person never opening their mouth again? Granted, everyone wants to be someone who knows something is happening, but most are completely full of shit and looking for attention. However, there are a few people on this forum (and others) who know what’s being planned. Let’s just all take a breath and wait till next year. 

I suppose you are right.  We can throw everything at it and someone is bound to nail it ;)  I am sure we will know a lot more soon enough from official channels

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

You'd think our "insiders" could name a source. But then again I guess if they did they'd lose said source. From the way these guys talk you'd think they were sitting on the secret to the world's greatest pussy or the winning lottery numbers not a release date from a 30 plus year old band. Still somebody is gonna be right one of these days. Where's the guy who posted the Sorry lyrics on htgth all those years ago before the album was out. Maybe he's got a scoop.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

You'd think our "insiders" could name a source. But then again I guess if they did they'd lose said source. From the way these guys talk you'd think they were sitting on the secret to the world's greatest pussy or the winning lottery numbers not a release date from a 30 plus year old band. Still somebody is gonna be right one of these days. Where's the guy who posted the Sorry lyrics on htgth all those years ago before the album was out. Maybe he's got a scoop.

Won’t ever hear from that person ever again. Was pretty obvious after that was posted. Guns is veeeeerrrry tricky. You fuck up and they find out, you’re gone. Don’t fuck a fucker...

40 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Won’t ever hear from that person ever again. Was pretty obvious after that was posted. Guns is veeeeerrrry tricky. You fuck up and they find out, you’re gone. Don’t fuck a fucker...

Minus 10 GNR-educator(tm)points for me cause I have no clue who that guy was. It's not like he commited a mortal sin,he posted a few lyrics to an unreleased song. I guess at the end of the day it's just not that serious. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Minus 10 GNR-educator(tm)points for me cause I have no clue who that guy was. It's not like he commited a mortal sin,he posted a few lyrics to an unreleased song. I guess at the end of the day it's just not that serious. 

At the time everyone called bullshit, it wasn’t until later that someone realised he was telling the truth. By then the person had fucked off

Edited by megaguns1982
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Just as an example. Soundgarden reformed in 2010. They released an album in 2012. It took some time. Relax and have a little Patience. :) 

• Like 2