New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

And thank fuck for that. 

Also, Axl is a bit of a perfectionist and a real artist as we know. Therefore, we can’t really expect him to release something just to have something released. 

While true, at what point is it just taking the piss of the fan base though?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Welcome to the forum. To bring you up to speed on the World of Guns, Chinese Democracy was still a rumor up until the day it was released. That should tell you everything you need to know. 

Thanls for the welcome!

But to your point, some Chinese Democracy songs leaked before that release, so you knew there were (somewhat) completed songs. I haven't heard the same about a reunion album. Did I miss something?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Laced Bedpill said:

Thanls for the welcome!

But to your point, some Chinese Democracy songs leaked before that release, so you knew there were (somewhat) completed songs. I haven't heard the same about a reunion album. Did I miss something?

And other songs have leaked since its release. No “official” news to report however, things are churning behind the scenes. Time will tell. 

16 minutes ago, Dean said:

What’s the deal with royalties?

as won’t Axl/Tobias/Finck etc benefit greatly from a potential release if they arranged most of the music? I just can’t imagine that sitting well with Duff and Slash.

That’s music from the ChinDem era you are talking about. The thing is, nobody knows – if and when something gets released – what the ratio of old/nu/new stuff will be. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean said:

What’s the deal with royalties?

as won’t Axl/Tobias/Finck etc benefit greatly from a potential release if they arranged most of the music? I just can’t imagine that sitting well with Duff and Slash.

Duff and Slash just made tens of millions each from NITL. I don't think losing out on some songwriting credits to Ashba will hurt their bottom line.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

And other songs have leaked since its release. No “official” news to report however, things are churning behind the scenes. Time will tell. 

The record company leaked the songs to force the record to be finally released. They also fucked the entire thing by making the complete stream available on MySpace a week prior the release date.

1 hour ago, Legendador said:

The record company leaked the songs to force the record to be finally released. They also fucked the entire thing by making the complete stream available on MySpace a week prior the release date.

I'll never understand the argument against making the album available for streaming on MySpace.  They knew that casual fans would seek the album out illegally, so they just put it up themselves to let fans make the ultimate decision on whether or not to buy it.  This is pretty common practice these days.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I've been waiting half of my life hoping that someday I'd hear a new studio recording with Slash and Axl together. It feels like we're so close but still so far away.

Please happen!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

I'll never understand the argument against making the album available for streaming on MySpace.  They knew that casual fans would seek the album out illegally, so they just put it up themselves to let fans make the ultimate decision on whether or not to buy it.  This is pretty common practice these days.  

With all the leaks and everything by the time it was on MySpace the record was already old news. This is common practice when there's no leaks. 

45 minutes ago, Legendador said:

With all the leaks and everything by the time it was on MySpace the record was already old news. This is common practice when there's no leaks. 

Exactly. The record was released at such an odd time with record companies having little to no understand how the internet works. 

Back then, there was no accounting, as far as charts go, for things like "myspace spins". Nowadays, things like Spotify plays count every bit as much as a record sale. At least in the mind of the record companies, who still don't understand exactly how the internet effects their business.

To me, it's a miracle that the record ended up charting as high as it did the US upon release.

We'll have to see what happens going forward because I think a GNR studio album would do really well digitally these days. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

I still remember when the Record came out. There were people buying 8 and 11 copies of Chinese Democracy. Other people buying it in all formats available. it was crazy!

I mean who does that ?? Buying 11 copies of the same record ?!?

I bought the CD and LP when it came out. After I found out the LP was a terrible pressing, I tried a few more hoping to get something better but I was never able to. Turns out oretty much all copies of CD on vinyl as junk, which blows! 

Only time I bought more copies was when it ended up in the discount bins at the $1 stores in the US. I bought some more copies at that time for friends who ended up liking the album. 

I remember people buying a bunch of copies on release day like you're saying though. Crazy! 

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

After I found out the LP was a terrible pressing, I tried a few more hoping to get something better but I was never able to. Turns out oretty much all copies of CD on vinyl as junk, which blows! 

Is the mix bad or is it just really low quality? I bought the vinyl over the summer and haven't had a chance to listen to it yet 

2 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Is the mix bad or is it just really low quality? I bought the vinyl over the summer and haven't had a chance to listen to it yet 

It's the worst case if inner groove distortion I've ever heard in my life. So the songs near the beginning of each side sound great, then as the needle gets closer to the center of the record the sound starts to degrade. By the time you're on the last track of each side, it's pretty much unlistenable. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I bought the CD and LP when it came out. After I found out the LP was a terrible pressing, I tried a few more hoping to get something better but I was never able to. Turns out oretty much all copies of CD on vinyl as junk, which blows! 

Only time I bought more copies was when it ended up in the discount bins at the $1 stores in the US. I bought some more copies at that time for friends who ended up liking the album. 

I remember people buying a bunch of copies on release day like you're saying though. Crazy! 

I don't collect Vinyl (even though I should), but I had heard about the problem of CD sounding like crap on Vinyl.

Care to elaborate on that? What really is the problem? Is it the sound quality that poorer than expected?

Cause in my opinion the production of the album is very crappy. Specifically on songs like Chinese Democracy, Sorry, Better, There Was a Time and Shacklers Revenge, Catcher in the Rye, I think it's very noticeable.

Just now, Propaganda said:

I don't collect Vinyl (even though I should), but I had heard about the problem of CD sounding like crap on Vinyl.

Care to elaborate on that? What really is the problem? Is it the sound quality that poorer than expected?

Cause in my opinion the production of the album is very crappy. Specifically on songs like Chinese Democracy, Sorry, Better, There Was a Time and Shacklers Revenge, Catcher in the Rye, I think it's very noticeable.

See the reply just above this. I think I posted it at the same time you posted your question. The short version is that inner groove distortion is the culprit. 

• Like 1