RussTCB

New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

some of you make me laught !!! we will not have new album because Slash will be on tour. Are you sure they are not already recorded some stuff ? Are you the same people who used to said that GNR will not do the NITLT because Slash..........had  a new album plan ??? are you the same people ? tell me

Lol at the idea of "there can't be an album because Slash will be on tour" as if he didn't just record and release an album done while he was on a 2 1/2 year tour with a different band.

6 minutes ago, Stro said:

Lol at the idea of "there can't be an album because Slash will be on tour" as if he didn't just record and release an album done while he was on a 2 1/2 year tour with a different band.

And they had a 6 month break in 2018 and a 3 month break in 2017 on top of that. Plenty of time to record for GN'R

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, metallex78 said:

UYI came out in 1991 though, so 2020 is only 29 years old then. 

My bad, I thought it was 1990. Well 2021 then.

On 12/14/2018 at 3:26 AM, RageKage said:

The cool dudes who already bitch about the next tour without new music will probably feel very stupid by the end of next year.

Why would they feel stupid? 

If Axl released and played new music for the next tour, all the people you are talking about will be thrilled beyond belief. 

Fans love hearing new music from their favorite bands. Axl has released one album of original material in the last 27 years - so his track record (of almost 30 years) would indicate no new music is coming. 

But obviously we all are hoping and dreaming that it happens. 

• Like 1

Maybe he will take BucketHead on the Rd with him nx year as Slash has dates untill end of 2019 with MK 13th Nov as it stands 

Edited by Gavin82
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

And they had a 6 month break in 2018 and a 3 month break in 2017 on top of that. Plenty of time to record for GN'R

For a normal band yes... but This is GNR... i just don’ t see how in hell they could do that in that short space of time:facepalm:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, dally said:

For a normal band yes... but This is GNR... i just don’ t see how in hell they could do that in that short space of time:facepalm:

Axl apparently had a record ready for a 2016 release but it got delayed because of the reunion. If everything was written/arranged and all Slash and Duff had to do was lay down new parts, it would be do-able in 6 months.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Axl apparently had a record ready for a 2016 release but it got delayed because of the reunion. If everything was written/arranged and all Slash and Duff had to do was lay down new parts, it would be do-able in 6 months.

Even less than 6 months... with those two, it would take weeks. I don't think it's only gonna be Axl's record though, so it will take longer.

• GNFNR 1

''2019'' for an album's release is absurd. Listen, Slash is playing live until July 2019 which leaves five months for writing, recording, mixing, mastering and releasing. It necessitated about a year and a half's recording for Use Your Illusion. It took ten years to create and release Chinese Democracy! Even an album as raw as Appetite for Destruction still required about seven months work if we include preproduction? Even if we accept the re-working of Chinese outtakes, it is simply inconceivable they'd release an album as early as 2019.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

''2019'' for an album's release is absurd. Listen, Slash is playing live until July 2019 which leaves five months for writing, recording, mixing, mastering and releasing. It necessitated about a year and a half's recording for Use Your Illusion. It took ten years to create and release Chinese Democracy! Even an album as raw as Appetite for Destruction still required about seven months work if we include preproduction? Even if we accept the re-working of Chinese outtakes, it is simply inconceivable they'd release an album as early as 2019.

Maybe they already recorded something in the differents breaks of the NITL tour. It's possible

21 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

Maybe they already recorded something in the differents breaks of the NITL tour. It's possible

Not with this band

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

Why do people think Axl hasn’t anything to write about.

The obvious choice is the reunion and all the emotional trip he sure has gone through.

But he also has a life we don’t know about.

What do other bands write about??? Come on guys, theres plenty of themes.

Time will tell

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, YourMother'sDruthers said:

Axl is creatively bankrupt. There will be no new music. Accept it and move on.

I mean to be fair, we aren't going to get anywhere with accepting random assumptions made by us fans like that lol maybe he is, maybe he isn't.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

The obvious choice is the reunion and all the emotional trip he sure has gone through.

Time will tell

Exactly. There is the reunion, like you said. Also, he seems more at ease with himself than before, so maybe that's something to write about too. Politics and what's happening in the world. Getting older. Getting inspired by other art, like paintings, novels, poems, movies etc. Death. Positive things in his life.

There is a lot he can write about. 

But, artistry is 10 % inspiration and 90 % hard work. So I guess it's a question about how motivated he is about doing the hard work part of creating something new.

Edited by jekylhyde
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Time will tell

Why does he need anything to write about at all?

I could write and record a song tomorrow that has no meaning. Just bang some words down on a page and people will try to interpret them forever.

As long as there's good melody and instrumental, people really haven't a clue what a song means and probably couldn't care less.

There's millions of songs out there that don't have any or much meaning from a personal experience point of view.

However, is it a paradox that if you purposefully write a song with no meaning or subject matter, that it automatically does create just that???  Lol

• Like 3

9 hours ago, GnRMisterE said:

Why does he need anything to write about at all?

I could write and record a song tomorrow that has no meaning. Just bang some words down on a page and people will try to interpret them forever.

As long as there's good melody and instrumental, people really haven't a clue what a song means and probably couldn't care less.

There's millions of songs out there that don't have any or much meaning from a personal experience point of view.

However, is it a paradox that if you purposefully write a song with no meaning or subject matter, that it automatically does create just that???  Lol

I would rather he didn't bother; songs about nothing at all tend to written by song writing teams for pop stars and have choruses talking about umbrellas or "humps".

All I know is that whatever label GNR is on, better make a huge promotion for a new album if/when it's released!

GNR needs to be promoted big time for some people who have no idea the band still exists. I've run into a few people while wearing a GNR shirt!

Promote!

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

GNR needs to be promoted big time for some people who have no idea the band still exists.

My drummer didn't know about the reunion until a couple months ago.