New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

48 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly. The record was released at such an odd time with record companies having little to no understand how the internet works. 

Back then, there was no accounting, as far as charts go, for things like "myspace spins". Nowadays, things like Spotify plays count every bit as much as a record sale. At least in the mind of the record companies, who still don't understand exactly how the internet effects their business.

To me, it's a miracle that the record ended up charting as high as it did the US upon release.

We'll have to see what happens going forward because I think a GNR studio album would do really well digitally these days. 

The thing is they made that Best Buy deal actually to cut any losses, what they count in is all best buy sales, which don't reflect actual fans buying the record. If I remember it right, at one point the album had a major discount price, also they had that Doctor Pepper thing in between.

I don't know, I guess the album also didn't sell (if compared to the prior albums), because there was no real promotion, the real fans already had all the songs in at least three to four mixes, it also did not help that "Better" was the first single, because there are more important songs in that record than "Better", that did not resemble classic GNR at all. People didn't feel it was GNR, maybe if they chose Madagascar or Street of Dreams as the first single the story would be different.

To me it's way simpler, people didn't buy records anymore back then (I bought it for the booklet and to support the band), that's why I feel a new GNR record is compared to "shoot yourself in the foot".

Release EPs, 2 to 4 songs each, release individual singles... I don't know.

12 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

I don't collect Vinyl (even though I should), but I had heard about the problem of CD sounding like crap on Vinyl.

Care to elaborate on that? What really is the problem? Is it the sound quality that poorer than expected?

Cause in my opinion the production of the album is very crappy. Specifically on songs like Chinese Democracy, Sorry, Better, There Was a Time and Shacklers Revenge, Catcher in the Rye, I think it's very noticeable.

I always felt that CD sounded watered. To me it lacked a more deep and proeminet bass sound, and it also has so many sound layers, I bet that in "TWAT" you can hear 5 different guitar parts at the same time + plus bass + plus sub-bass, plus all vocal layers, plus the piano, plus the orchestra!

I love you Axl Rose, but you drive us mad! :bitchfight:

Edited by Legendador

2 hours ago, Legendador said:

The thing is they made that Best Buy deal actually to cut any losses, what they count in is all best buy sales, which don't reflect actual fans buying the record. If I remember it right, at one point the album had a major discount price, also they had that Doctor Pepper thing in between.

I don't know, I guess the album also didn't sell (if compared to the prior albums), because there was no real promotion, the real fans already had all the songs in at least three to four mixes, it also did not help that "Better" was the first single, because there are more important songs in that record than "Better", that did not resemble classic GNR at all. People didn't feel it was GNR, maybe if they chose Madagascar or Street of Dreams as the first single the story would be different.

To me it's way simpler, people didn't buy records anymore back then (I bought it for the booklet and to support the band), that's why I feel a new GNR record is compared to "shoot yourself in the foot".

Release EPs, 2 to 4 songs each, release individual singles... I don't know.

I don't agree with the part of the single. The first single showcased was "Chinese Democracy", but I think "Better" is clearly the best song on the record. I don't think that there is a better song to have been made a single of, than "Better".

if you had put "Madagascar" or "Street of Dreams", the album would have immediately suffer, and it would expose Chinese Democracy as being a "soft record". This was the re-introduction to GNR, so I think the first single would have always to be a full on rocker type of song, that would put GNR in its original category, even though it sounded different from Classic GNR stuff.

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Legendador said:

I always felt that CD sounded watered. To me it lacked a more deep and proeminet bass sound, and it also has so many sound layers, I bet that in "TWAT" you can hear 5 different guitar parts at the same time + plus bass + plus sub-bass, plus all vocal layers, plus the piano, plus the orchestra!

I love you Axl Rose, but you drive us mad! :bitchfight:

You're absolutely right on the bass, and I would add the that the drums are also watered down in most of the songs (The title track Chinese Democracy is a perfect example of that, that intro right after the scream is soft as well, it lost that explosion factor, it has no bass whatsoever), and the background sounds are too loud on some songs (cacther) and too low on others (There Was a Time, Sorry, Better).

4 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

I don't agree with the part of the single. The first single showcased was "Chinese Democracy", but I think "Better" is clearly the best song on the record. I don't think that is a better song to have been made a single of, than "Better".

if you had put "Madagascar" or "Street of Dreams", the album would have immediately suffer, and it would expose Chinese Democracy as being a "soft record". This was the re-introduction to GNR, so I think the first single would have always to be a full on rocker type of song, that would put GNR in its original category, even though it sounded different from Classic GNR stuff.

Whatever happened to "OH MY GOD"? it should be on the record and it could be a killer first single, to me it screamed REINVENTION or a GNR on Steroids.

Edited by Legendador
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It's the worst case if inner groove distortion I've ever heard in my life. So the songs near the beginning of each side sound great, then as the needle gets closer to the center of the record the sound starts to degrade. By the time you're on the last track of each side, it's pretty much unlistenable. 

The Euro release sounds so much better than the US LP

https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Chinese-Democracy/release/1913716

6 minutes ago, Evan442 said:

The Euro release sounds so much better than the US LP

https://www.discogs.com/Guns-N-Roses-Chinese-Democracy/release/1913716

I've heard that opinion, but I'm not quite sure how that's possible. I would assume the same stampers were used to make it. 

However, I'd be happy to try it out some time. Maybe or order one sooner or later. Can't hurt to try a 20th copy! Lol

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I've heard that opinion, but I'm not quite sure how that's possible. I would assume the same stampers were used to make it. 

However, I'd be happy to try it out some time. Maybe or order one sooner or later. Can't hurt to try a 20th copy! Lol

I actually have a copy of it - the UK release has different matrix numbers compared to the US.  

I know this has nothing to do with the groove distortion on the US release, but I remember the US LP being scuffed up right out of the packaging with blemishes, scratches, etc.  The UK copy I have looks like a pristine audiophile LP - not a mark on it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Still nothing here :(

May I Ask you in which country do you live?

Did you receive an email before it Was dispatched or something Like that?

I love in the US in Atlanta, GA. Ordered it they day they announced it and got email the next morning said it shipped via regular mail with a tracking number 😊

People go to the concerts to hear their favorite songs.  But from our experience we shouldn't act like we are entitled to new music and give joy to two different things that we never thought would happen. 1. Chinese Democracy being released.  2. Axl being on the same stage as Slash. Would I like to hear new music? YES. But I don't feel entitled to it.

1 hour ago, Evan442 said:

I actually have a copy of it - the UK release has different matrix numbers compared to the US.  

I know this has nothing to do with the groove distortion on the US release, but I remember the US LP being scuffed up right out of the packaging with blemishes, scratches, etc.  The UK copy I have looks like a pristine audiophile LP - not a mark on it

Dammit, now I'm going to have to order one. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Billly B said:

People go to the concerts to hear their favorite songs.  But from our experience we shouldn't act like we are entitled to new music and give joy to two different things that we never thought would happen. 1. Chinese Democracy being released.  2. Axl being on the same stage as Slash. Would I like to hear new music? YES. But I don't feel entitled to it.

:lol:the old "you're not entitled to new music" routine. Been a while since we've seen that chestnut.

Allow me to remind you that no one on this board has told fans over and over and over that new music is coming. People like Axl himself, Dizzy, Richard and Tommy have done that for years. Absolutely no one feels entitled. However, everyone is at least hopefully that one of the people in the band who've said new music is coming will actually be right one day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

To be honest with you, I've had it with this reunion... We had what we wanted...but I just wish we could go back to 2006 when we had Guns and Velvet Revolver as two separate sources of music. Guns with leaks, because they wouldn't release the album, and Velvet Revolver with their albums...

Honestly, I have came to the conclusion that I would rather hear something different from Axl, like whatever came on Chinese Democracy or would be on the follow ups, then a new hard rock song with Slash in it. Cause I'm afraid it will sound like anything else out there right now... Maybe I'm wrong... but I guess I'm in a Chinese Democracy phase... I'm curious about the material we haven't heard, and somehow I wanna hear it without Slash... Chinese Democracy  isn't anywhere near the other albums, but it sounded fresh and different, and interesting. That's kind of what I would look for in a Guns record today I guess.

I guess we always want what we don't have...

tbh, I had it from day one. We waited, not all, some were not even born but are fans today, 23 years for this half assed reunion. they insulted each other back and forth, said never again, dissapointed us numerous times from that 17.7.'93., and what do we get!?

The three having most issues decide not to split money with the other guys, giving us some shirtless hired hand, some techno chick playing second keyboard, in a band that at first had no keyboard and eversame setlists with more and more and more covers by which at times you didn't know if this is cover band, Gunner cover band playing covers or a semi Gunner band playing Guns covers.

Least they could have done return with Iz/Gilby and Sorum minus chick and Fortus. This is shit. For the UYI line up I was ready to travel world, for this I refused to pay a single cent, furthermore, I downloaded just the first Vegas gig, I didn't even bother watchin Rio 2017 or any other PRO shots and I do have entire 86-93 live catalogue.

Fuck them! If its just a money grab, fuck them. Was Fortus cheaper than Gilby? Obviously.  If they spared money on Iz, was i so hard to pay Sorum instead of Ferrer fucking up every single show? Obviously!  Fuck them! Hope they suffocate in all that money listening to the originals they play covers from. 

31 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

To be honest with you, I've had it with this reunion... We had what we wanted...but I just wish we could go back to 2006 when we had Guns and Velvet Revolver as two separate sources of music. Guns with leaks, because they wouldn't release the album, and Velvet Revolver with their albums...

Honestly, I have came to the conclusion that I would rather hear something different from Axl, like whatever came on Chinese Democracy or would be on the follow ups, then a new hard rock song with Slash in it. Cause I'm afraid it will sound like anything else out there right now... Maybe I'm wrong... but I guess I'm in a Chinese Democracy phase... I'm curious about the material we haven't heard, and somehow I wanna hear it without Slash... Chinese Democracy  isn't anywhere near the other albums, but it sounded fresh and different, and interesting. That's kind of what I would look for in a Guns record today I guess.

I totally get you, but I kinda hope that with any possible CD material that's possibly on the cards for release Slash might dig deep and surprise us with some different sounding solos. If he listens to the existing tracks and hears a great bucket, Robin, bumble idea I really doubt he'd scrap it just for the same of it without having something that heand Axl agree is a superior part. Now he might just play his usual... But at least we won't know the better version, because it's locked in a vault... Unlike his NITL CD edits.

There's no way those songs get released without Slash playing all over them though. That may as well be a record company exec talking btw. Eventbe most diehard CD fan realised that Slash AND Axl are together the GNR brand. Yes, technically Axl is GNR, and yes he can go out and play successfully without anyone else but not to NITL standard.

New album will be Slash heavy, current songs mixed with the best if the rest IF the songs fit the sound. That record will be made gnrs way but it will also need to pass a record label smell test...too much money at risk if it's a stinker 

57 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

I hear what you're saying there - but what I'm hoping is that some of the leftover CD stuff might push Slash to another level again. Much like some of the Axl songs on UYI did. Estranged, NR, Breakdown, etc. 

Get him out of his comfort zone and he seems to come up with some great ideas. 

He can roll out a lot of the stuff on Living the Dream in his sleep. He needs someone to push him to another level like Axl will.

I definitely agree that I would like GNR to continue down that CD road rather than trying to repeat AFD. I want Axl's crazy ass, over the top, kitchen sink style of music mainly with just a few of the best straight rock songs they can come up with.

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Propaganda said:

I would not want that freak in a Michael Myers mask who wears a stupid KFC bucket on his head back in the band. Nor would I want a half haired alien back. Bumblefoot was cool in the beginning but complained too much. 

The real GNR guitarist and bassist are back. Let's see what they come up with for a new album. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Legendador said:

Whatever happened to "OH MY GOD"? it should be on the record and it could be a killer first single, to me it screamed REINVENTION or a GNR on Steroids.

I wonder what the general response from the public would have been if GnR would have released a song they had already released as a single a decade earlier.  Especially on an alllbum - Chinese Democracy - that some say was the most anticipated release of all time. 

“Thirteen years and fourteen million dollars and the first single is a re-release of a song that tanked on its initial release?” 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

tbh, I had it from day one. We waited, not all, some were not even born but are fans today, 23 years for this half assed reunion. they insulted each other back and forth, said never again, dissapointed us numerous times from that 17.7.'93., and what do we get!?

The three having most issues decide not to split money with the other guys, giving us some shirtless hired hand, some techno chick playing second keyboard, in a band that at first had no keyboard and eversame setlists with more and more and more covers by which at times you didn't know if this is cover band, Gunner cover band playing covers or a semi Gunner band playing Guns covers.

Least they could have done return with Iz/Gilby and Sorum minus chick and Fortus. This is shit. For the UYI line up I was ready to travel world, for this I refused to pay a single cent, furthermore, I downloaded just the first Vegas gig, I didn't even bother watchin Rio 2017 or any other PRO shots and I do have entire 86-93 live catalogue.

Fuck them! If its just a money grab, fuck them. Was Fortus cheaper than Gilby? Obviously.  If they spared money on Iz, was i so hard to pay Sorum instead of Ferrer fucking up every single show? Obviously!  Fuck them! Hope they suffocate in all that money listening to the originals they play covers from. 

valium

• Like 1
  • Haha 2