New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

14 hours ago, jamillos said:

That’s music from the ChinDem era you are talking about. The thing is, nobody knows – if and when something gets released – what the ratio of old/nu/new stuff will be. 

I'd guess the majority of it will be stuff that Axl has been sat on for years. I guess we will need to wait and see!

13 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

Duff and Slash just made tens of millions each from NITL. I don't think losing out on some songwriting credits to Ashba will hurt their bottom line.

Still, I can't imagine them sitting back letting Axl rake in the vast majority knowing with their presence and pull, a potential release could very well outsell whatever Chinese sold. I would also greatly appreciate any Guns release without any songwriting credits for DJ Ashba. Imagine how pissed Bumble would be knowing DJ got a writing credit!

Edited by Dean

2 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Sometimes when I read these threads I wonder to myself if the majority of people here even really like GnR.

I see more complaints and negitivity than anything.  It's kinda sad that a band who has enough fans to have the second most successful tour of all time has so many fans who mock them for all they do.

The tour was more successful than we could have ever hoped, they have only been back together for a few years.  Every one is happy and has the intent to keep this thing rolling and work on new music.  Every time I look any where else, fb, Insta, talk to people at shows they are all really impressed and think Axl sounds good.  The show's have had critical acclaim. GnR was a joke 5 years ago and now they are at the top of the rock world again.  But because they didn't play Dead Horse at a show no one here went to people can't be happy lol.  

If that's truly what you think of the fanbase here, than that's definitely what you're choosing to take away from the board.

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

:lol:the old "you're not entitled to new music" routine. Been a while since we've seen that chestnut.

Allow me to remind you that no one on this board has told fans over and over and over that new music is coming. People like Axl himself, Dizzy, Richard and Tommy have done that for years. Absolutely no one feels entitled. However, everyone is at least hopefully that one of the people in the band who've said new music is coming will actually be right one day.

Let's break this down.  There is a difference between wanting new music and wanting to release new music and feeling entitled to new music. There are some that feel entitled which breeds negativity when it doesn't happen. It is not a routine. It is a mindset. We can't control the release of new music and even the band can't  because the record company stood in the way which was one of the reasons Chinese Democracy wasn't released earlier and the followups and remixes were not released. We all want new music but the feeling entitled to new music is overall a negative mindset.  It is not a routine like Jarmo would try pulling. Not feeling entitled will prevent a lot of anger which has happened when music is not released. Now lets discuss the record company not wanting to release new music because most of the recognizable faces that sell were not in the band. Now they are back for the most part. Re recording the  parts of Chinese Democracy era songs with Slash and Duff would be very enticing to the label. New music is what we want even though some would complain as they feel entitled to something that was freshly written by the current lineup. Axl wanted to release music but the label stood in his way because they wanted Slash back. Now if Axl, Duff, and Slash said it this year or next year that they were working on some new music for GNR it would be more likely than Tommy and Dizzy saying it. Should we feel entitled to it? No. The reason is that there could be more road blocks as the Label may want to extend the record deal for another album or two and the label may prevent any releases until they get the deal they want for their profit. Ideally it would be best for GNR to get out of the contract they have and release music on their own. So there are things that could be standing in the way of a release of new material. Once again it maybe best not to feel entitled to prevent disappointment and hope for the best.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

I'm just saying man, look at the STP reunion.  It lasted 5 years, had cancelled tour dates, a forgettable album, they cancelled plans for a Core anniversary box set and tour, then Scott was fired from the band and passed away a few years later.

The Smashing Pumpkins went on a reunion tour earlier this year and it was a massive failure which they could barely sell tickets too.

Axl is sharing a stage with Slash and Duff again, they went on a critically acclaimed tour that lasted almost 3 years and sold out 60,000+ seat stadiums.  When i saw GnR for the first time in 2006 it was in a amphitheater that was 2/3 full.  Axl at one point became the butt of jokes in the music industry and has gained back all the respect he lost over the years. 

They dug into the archives and gave us a cool box set, talks of a live album and talks of a new studio album.   This is such an exciting time to be a GnR fan man.  So many great things could happen.  How many people predicted this would end up a total failure?  Well fuck them because it was a total success.  And I am fucking ecstatic about it.

It's going to be a pretty dull forum if we aren't allowed to express an opinion!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Billly B said:

Let's break this down.  There is a difference between wanting new music and wanting to release new music and feeling entitled to new music. There are some that feel entitled which breeds negativity when it doesn't happen. It is not a routine. It is a mindset. We can't control the release of new music and even the band can't  because the record company stood in the way which was one of the reasons Chinese Democracy wasn't released earlier and the followups and remixes were not released. We all want new music but the feeling entitled to new music is overall a negative mindset.  It is not a routine like Jarmo would try pulling. Not feeling entitled will prevent a lot of anger which has happened when music is not released. Now lets discuss the record company not wanting to release new music because most of the recognizable faces that sell were not in the band. Now they are back for the most part. Re recording the  parts of Chinese Democracy era songs with Slash and Duff would be very enticing to the label. New music is what we want even though some would complain as they feel entitled to something that was freshly written by the current lineup. Axl wanted to release music but the label stood in his way because they wanted Slash back. Now if Axl, Duff, and Slash said it this year or next year that they were working on some new music for GNR it would be more likely than Tommy and Dizzy saying it. Should we feel entitled to it? No. The reason is that there could be more road blocks as the Label may want to extend the record deal for another album or two and the label may prevent any releases until they get the deal they want for their profit. Ideally it would be best for GNR to get out of the contract they have and release music on their own. So there are things that could be standing in the way of a release of new material. Once again it maybe best not to feel entitled to prevent disappointment and hope for the best.

Sorry mate, I must have read this 10 times and I still don't understand what you're saying!

How are you separating:

1. Wanting a new album and being disappointed with not getting one year after year despite constant assurances that it's on its way soon.

2. Feeling entitled to a new album and being disappointed with not getting one year after year despite constant assurances that it's on its way soon.

Are you assuming people feel entitlement more than just want? Or do you read minds?

In my opinion people are more than entitled to be disappointed and upset with the lack of progress in terms of a new album.

A lot of people have loved this band for the majority of their livebs and WANT some new fucking music and feel disappointed (and a little pissed off) when it doesn't happen  time and time again.

• Like 2

I would love a new album from GNR and yes it sucks it has been 10 years since the last one.  But we saw Axl and Slash together embarking on a huge ass tour busting out songs we NEVER thought GNR would do live in the 21st century like Coma, Slither, and Shadow of Your Love.  And the tour rocked, and many fans were happy

It is hard for me to feel THAT bad and dire about the GNR situation when we just had two years of Axl and Slash playing together on Estranged, Nightrain, NR, etc. again.  Something that as a younger fan who never got to see them together prior to the breakup, never ever thought I'd be able to witness and it was the highlight of my entire GNR fan existence currently, getting to see that live.

In regards to a new album -it is a different lineup with proven workhorses with Slash and Duff, a different situation than the Chinese era, and a big ass tour that literally finished just now.  I remain cautiously optimistic regarding new stuff and am more than up to just seeing how it plays out

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 4

Axl, Slash, and Duff found a half a billion $$$ reasons to get back together and rock the world.  The tour was a success.  Sure, I would have liked to see Izzy and Steven involved, but like many bands, it just wasn't to be.

The traditional format of a new record is outdated in my opinion.  I hope they do put out some new songs though, since it has been 25 years since a real GNR album came out.

If they don't make new music or tour again, so be it.  At least they did it one last time.  That alone was inconceivable a few years ago.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Sometimes when I read these threads I wonder to myself if the majority of people here even really like GnR.

I see more complaints and negitivity than anything.  It's kinda sad that a band who has enough fans to have the second most successful tour of all time has so many fans who mock them for all they do.

The tour was more successful than we could have ever hoped, they have only been back together for a few years.  Every one is happy and has the intent to keep this thing rolling and work on new music.  Every time I look any where else, fb, Insta, talk to people at shows they are all really impressed and think Axl sounds good.  The show's have had critical acclaim. GnR was a joke 5 years ago and now they are at the top of the rock world again.  But because they didn't play Dead Horse at a show no one here went to people can't be happy lol.  

Noone is going to please me with terrible vocal performances night in and night out for two years, and charging up the ass for it, to boot!

Maybe if Axl was performing on a higher level, but the fact is, he's not.

Edit: And the only thing exciting about the box set was the Shadow single. To me, it's an over priced box with nothing new.

Edited by F*ck Fear

8 hours ago, Billly B said:

I read your post a couple and times and the only way I can think to reply is by re-posting what I said in the first place:

Allow me to remind you that no one on this board has told fans over and over and over that new music is coming. People like Axl himself, Dizzy, Richard and Tommy have done that for years. Absolutely no one feels entitled. However, everyone is at least hopefully that one of the people in the band who've said new music is coming will actually be right one day.

8 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I'm just saying man, look at the STP reunion.  It lasted 5 years, had cancelled tour dates, a forgettable album, they cancelled plans for a Core anniversary box set and tour, then Scott was fired from the band and passed away a few years later.

The Smashing Pumpkins went on a reunion tour earlier this year and it was a massive failure which they could barely sell tickets too.

Axl is sharing a stage with Slash and Duff again, they went on a critically acclaimed tour that lasted almost 3 years and sold out 60,000+ seat stadiums.  When i saw GnR for the first time in 2006 it was in a amphitheater that was 2/3 full.  Axl at one point became the butt of jokes in the music industry and has gained back all the respect he lost over the years. 

They dug into the archives and gave us a cool box set, talks of a live album and talks of a new studio album.   This is such an exciting time to be a GnR fan man.  So many great things could happen.  How many people predicted this would end up a total failure?  Well fuck them because it was a total success.  And I am fucking ecstatic about it.

I hear what you're saying about those other tours. I personally don't measure GN'Rs success against other acts, but I do hear what you're saying. 

Having said that, I don't remember one single posted on this site claming that the NITL Tour would be any sort of failure. Many, many people on this site saw the tour several times. Many people were super happy with the show(s) they saw. There's been plenty of positivive things said about the tour itself on this tour. Have people complained about the setlist as the tour wore on? Yes, but that's something that happens all over the internet with pretty much every band who doesn't change their setlist every night. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying it happens.

Any and all disappointment currently being talked about how to do with the continued lack of new material from the band. Fans feel like they're hearing the same thing over and over and over with respect to that. It's always "possibly, maybe, might happen, someday" and it's always "in the next couple of years".  As I said to the other user, that's not entitlement, that's a reasonable expectation based on what we're told by members of the band including Axl himself.

I'm not saying there's no negativity on the site. There is, but I also feel like a lot of it is brought on the band by themselves. However, to paint the site with such a broad brush just isn't right IMO. I honestly think you're looking for the negative too much. There's plenty of positive things posted on the site and I would encourage you to concentrate on that more. Take your statement about the NITL Tour; you said "How many people predicted this would end up a total failure?" I would be very interested in what you think the answer to that question is. Because I honestly cannot remember one person on this site ever claiming the tour would be any sort of failure. Yet, you're insinuating that was the case. 

• GNFNR 1

10 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

The Smashing Pumpkins went on a reunion tour WITH an album that they have just RELEASED, and at least they gave something for the fans to chew on, and there's always hope for more new stuff because they don't take 10 years to come up with another album...

Edited by Propaganda

I'm very happy about Axl, Slash and Duff reuniting...

I´m also looking forward to hearing new music by them. I loved Chinese but thought it lacked Slash, while I like Slash's albums though I think they lack Axl's genius taking Slash's best ideas and taking them to another level.

That's why I think I will love anything they drop in the future. Slash in studio is still magnificent (at least for me), Axl can sound like Axl in studio as well. 

Whatever Richard can add to the formula in unknown...

But Axl hasn't let me down music wise with his album, there are some great tunes on it, that if Slash added his share, they would be even better. 

Just look what Axl did with Slither...in my opinion a good song, but Axl's melody in the chorus took it to a better place. And that's just a tiny arrangement he did.

I believe in them, they still got it, don't worry. 

Edited by Alejandro GNR
  • Like 3

Oh on the other hand...Axl said in the China Exchange that he definitely looks forward to releasing more music under the GNR name. 

Slash said he has listened to Axl vault, or at least some songs. 

Axl said in the last show they will take a new step now.

Richard said there will be a new album, and that it would be the only reason for them to tour again.

I think Alan Niven said Axl has been searching for his best songs in studio.

DON'T WORRY, WE'LL GET SOMETHING NEW

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

53 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

The Smashing Pumpkins went on a reunion tour WITH an album that they have just RELEASED, and at least they gave something for the fans to chew on, and there's always hope for more new stuff because they don't take 10 years to come up with another album...

The record was released after the reunion dates. Now they are looking forward, with the reunion they were looking backward by only playing 90's songs. But Billy Corgan is the opposite of Axl Rose. He's been releasing music continuously since 1991. Next year there will be another solo record, another SP record, and a lot of archive stuff will be coming out, not only SP music, even Zwan outtakes might see the light of day.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, EvanG said:

The record was released after the reunion dates. Now they are looking forward, with the reunion they were looking backwards by only playing 90's songs. But Billy Corgan is the opposite of Axl Rose. He's been releasing music continuously since 1991. Next year there will be another solo record, another SP record, and a lot of archive stuff will be coming out, not only SP music, even Zwan outtakes might see the light of day.

Exactly! That's what I wanted to say. To me it can't be just the label's fault... there's gotta be something else. It's hard for me to imagine that the label would boycott any GNR Albums during a period of 20 years, after all... Chinese Democracy did come out! So that excuse doesn't stick! 

I mean this is just opinions, and we're entitled to our own opinions. I'm not passing judgement here, but wouldn't people be happy if they were artists, and wouldn't the thing that you would like the most be creating and releasing music ?!? Isn't your art what it's all about ?!? I just can't understand that...

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

tbh, I had it from day one. We waited, not all, some were not even born but are fans today, 23 years for this half assed reunion. they insulted each other back and forth, said never again, dissapointed us numerous times from that 17.7.'93., and what do we get!?

The three having most issues decide not to split money with the other guys, giving us some shirtless hired hand, some techno chick playing second keyboard, in a band that at first had no keyboard and eversame setlists with more and more and more covers by which at times you didn't know if this is cover band, Gunner cover band playing covers or a semi Gunner band playing Guns covers.

Least they could have done return with Iz/Gilby and Sorum minus chick and Fortus. This is shit. For the UYI line up I was ready to travel world, for this I refused to pay a single cent, furthermore, I downloaded just the first Vegas gig, I didn't even bother watchin Rio 2017 or any other PRO shots and I do have entire 86-93 live catalogue.

Fuck them! If its just a money grab, fuck them. Was Fortus cheaper than Gilby? Obviously.  If they spared money on Iz, was i so hard to pay Sorum instead of Ferrer fucking up every single show? Obviously!  Fuck them! Hope they suffocate in all that money listening to the originals they play covers from. 

What makes you think 4tus is cheaper than Gilby? For starters, no one outside of this forum would know who Gilby is!!! Second, Axl was actually willing to make new music with 4tus, and was unwilling to write with Gilby so I’d imagine 4tus would be paid more than Gilby.