New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

50 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

I wonder, what should Axl sing? About what?

Becoming more comfortable with yourself as you get older, how he feels at this point in his life about like in his 50s, the  friendships either those that you hang on to as you get older and those that you let go. I think political feelings will come up bur what axl rose feels and thinks now.

If guns do s o mething i hope for compketely new songs maybe one or two reworked CD leftovers. Also a live bluray of NITL, different shows in different countries interviews etc. However im almost not sure about this due to franks crap drumming.

Edited by Sydney Fan

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I just posted this in the the "There Will Never Be Another GN'R Album" thread, but the mods, admins and I thought it might be good to have a thread discussing all of the rumors that keep bubbling around lately. Here's the post I made in the other thread which seems like a good starting point for this new thread:

Just an FYI for everyone-

There seem to be more than the usual amount of rumors being shared here and elsewhere lately. I've personally heard everything from "New studio album coming with an announcement in January!" to "there's a live album coming with some bonus studio tracks" to "the only thing coming is a live album and a studio cover or Witchitaw Lineman" to everything in between.

The sources on these things range from the semi-reliable; "this guy was right about (insert rumor here) in the past" to the ridiculous; "a guy from another board knows a guy who told him".

Either way, I'm hoping where there's smoke there's fire. I would LOVE for a new studio album from GNR to be in the works and for it to be released in 2019. Personally, I have zero interest in a live album and/or a few studio tracks. I would really, really want a full, new, studio album from GN'R but that's just me.

Most importantly, I'm just hoping something happens. 

The most frustrating part of these situations is when nothing actually happens. Then our "insider" and "folks in the know" get to fall back on the "Well, that was the plan but things changed" excuse which is so tired and played out already. 

Russ how have these rumours been flying around, im not seeing many comments in other threads about any new recordings and im logged in everyday?.🤔

5 hours ago, Towelie said:

Why call it a day? They're not even in their sixties yet. What else are they gonna do? Sit around and wait to die?

😀 just endless touring like the stoned.

13 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Russ how have these rumours been flying around, im not seeing many comments in other threads about any new recordings and im logged in everyday?.🤔

There's been a few threads where people have made the "I know something you don't know" type of posts. Most or all of those folks are just repeating things they've been told in PMs by people who may or may not even know what they're talking about. It's starting to resemble the 2004 - 2006 era when seemingly EVERYONE knew something someone else didn't know. Then every year would come and go with those "insiders" left to say "plans changed, but that's what I was told". The idea here was to just get all this stuff out in the open. Try a different strategy then we did back then so everyone can discuss if or what they've heard. 

4 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

You'd be surprised who Russ meets at the pub :P giphy.gif

I've probably been drunk enough at some point to actually see that sitting next to me at the bar! :lol:

• Haha 2

I think something has been cooking for awhile now in regards to new songs. My opinion is that we'll hear about it  at some point in 2019. Looking at Slash's tour dates, he's definitely busy for the first half of 2019 with SMKC. Myles is supposed to go back to Alter Bridge and tour with them at some point in 2019.

If anything, I would expect a new song and possibly a new album in the second half of 2019.  I'm doubting the January announcement. It just seems too soon. 

Who cares about a new album. They haven't released one since 1991 anyway. Their catalog is fine just the way it is, all they need to do is introduce more Illusion cuts into the set list and hit the road again after a 6 month break. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Honestly, I can't imagine what GNR's new songs would be about? I would love to be pleasantly surprised anyway.

When I hear the original GNR songs, I can't imagine releasing any new songs that could match up to them.

I would also be very happy with a NITL cd/dvd release. I think this is a must for all GNR fans to have since Slash and Duff is back.

See I don't think it has to match up to the old material, it never will anyway. All they need is a solid album, properly produced by one (not one hundred) producer who knows their shit and can make a great sounding album. Axl is a talented writer but he needs someone to keep him in check, someone to stop him going off the rails and overdoing things.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Towelie said:

Why call it a day? They're not even in their sixties yet. What else are they gonna do? Sit around and wait to die?

Almost everyone in the band has other projects they can work on. A bit dramatic?

Guns N' Roses as they are now, do not sound very good live.

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Honestly, I can't imagine what GNR's new songs would be about? I would love to be pleasantly surprised anyway.

When I hear the original GNR songs, I can't imagine releasing any new songs that could match up to them.

I would also be very happy with a NITL cd/dvd release. I think this is a must for all GNR fans to have since Slash and Duff is back.

Gotta be tough ,gritty and heartfelt( I trust them , as long as it has those ingredients they can do anything)

1 hour ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Man oh man, the idea of Madagascar-IRS esque material with Slash and Duff contributing (hopefully Izzy too). That would be a great set of material; more politically charged and with an infusion of blues with CD sounding songs. I'd be pretty damn happy. I just Axl to be able to actually sing the stuff 😂

Amen, let the real guns play and add to “the big guns” !

13 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

*sigh* this thread again??

Call me again if they actually announce, officially announce, new album. Not compilation, or remastered, actually new.

Tbh right now I don't really mind if they never release anything anymore until the world ends.

Lol, maybe re-read the OP. The point of this thread is to keep all this sort of talk in one place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1