New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

1 hour ago, Pedrolg said:

It's sad, but nothing excites me at this point unless Axl manages to get a least some of his voice back. A new album might make him do that, but at this point I'm doubtful.

With the technology in recording software, it would be hard to make Axl sound bad!

Heck, I can't sing but I can make myself sound okay just by manipulating the vocals and doing some overdubbing 

2 hours ago, Its Tino said:

What makes you think 4tus is cheaper than Gilby? For starters, no one outside of this forum would know who Gilby is!!! Second, Axl was actually willing to make new music with 4tus, and was unwilling to write with Gilby so I’d imagine 4tus would be paid more than Gilby. 

I guarantee there are millions of Gn'R fans worldwide that don't post on the forum that know who Gilby is. The majority of Guns fans or fans from the classic era do not post in forums.

2 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

IIRC, Axl is huge on loyalty. I can't imagine he'd cast aside Fortus so easily after 16 years 

That is a damn shame. He should get over it for the better of the band. 

2 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

It's sad, but nothing excites me at this point unless Axl manages to get a least some of his voice back. A new album might make him do that, but at this point I'm doubtful.

He should be able to pull it off in the studio. He still has his moments and knows when he is feeling it and can just record then. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, PhillyRose said:

What is with people on this forum with their "Gilby back" obsession ... The dude was a touring musician at a very desperate time for the band ... His recordings on Spaghetti is a fateful accident ... He was NEVER a Gunner & his 2 1/2 years with the band is nothing compared to Fortus's SIXTEEN 

Amen. Gilby seems to be a really nice guy. But... Come on... 

32 minutes ago, PhillyRose said:

What is with people on this forum with their "Gilby back" obsession ... The dude was a touring musician at a very desperate time for the band ... His recordings on Spaghetti is a fateful accident ... He was NEVER a Gunner & his 2 1/2 years with the band is nothing compared to Fortus's SIXTEEN 

I think Gilby being in the band at the height of their success has something to do with it. Plus its not like Guns were active for most of Fortus' tenure.

Gilby kicked ass in Snakepit and on Pawn Shop. The same cant be said for Fortus, who kicked ass on Iglesias' album.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PhillyRose said:

I agree with everything except for the part of his recordings on the Spaghetti Incident. That album is extremely underrated. I often find myself listening to Buick McKane, Human Being, Raw Power, Since I don't Have You, Ain't it Fun, New Rose and Down on the farm more than anything on the Original Albums. The production of that album is perfect as well, for a band like Guns N'Roses.

I guess I secretly wished the band had gone to that Punk Rock direction and recorded something themselves of that kind. It would have been a blast.

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, soon said:

I think Gilby being in the band at the height of their success has something to do with it. Plus its not like Guns were active for most of Fortus' tenure.

Gilby kicked ass in Snakepit and on Pawn Shop. The same cant be said for Fortus, who kicked ass on Iglesias' album.

Disagee. Fortus was greatand kicked ass with the dead daisies first record. Have a listen. If he can bring this to a gnr record Im not worried

and with slash 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, soon said:

‘Don’t forget ‘Pretty in Pink’ I know I’m a lil’school girl 👧 

Give that song a listen, actually has a cool hook

20 minutes ago, vloors said:

Disagee. Fortus was greatand kicked ass with the dead daisies first record. Have a listen. If he can bring this to a gnr record Im not worried

and with slash 

Dead Daisy's insn't really my thing, but I did enjoy Washington just now.

Hate to be that guy, but I dont believe that Fortus was on Locked N Loaded. Its what launched the band, I guess maybe he wasnt in quite yet.

HNe8Tnsh.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/The-Dead-Daisies-Feat-Slash-Lock-N-Load/release/10960972

14 minutes ago, tony adler said:

‘Don’t forget ‘Pretty in Pink’ I know I’m a lil’school girl 👧 

Give that song a listen, actually has a cool hook

The use of that emoji does little to dispel any myths of being a lil' school girl :lol: (J/K)

I dont recognize those titles, what band is it?

1 hour ago, itsprettytiedup said:

My god, you guys never listened to "Revolucion" by Dead Daisies? Is one of the most kick-ass rock album that I've ever heard and it has Richard on lead guitar. You should give it a listen like right now.

I really hope that 4tus gets back to the daisies at some point, his riffs and lead work are great and the whole band is full of energy!

5 hours ago, Propaganda said:

I agree with everything except for the part of his recordings on the Spaghetti Incident. That album is extremely underrated. I often find myself listening to Buick McKane, Human Being, Raw Power, Since I don't Have You, Ain't it Fun, New Rose and Down on the farm more than anything on the Original Albums. The production of that album is perfect as well, for a band like Guns N'Roses.

I guess I secretly wished the band had gone to that Punk Rock direction and recorded something themselves of that kind. It would have been a blast.

I LOVE Spaghetti .. What I meant by my comment was that Izzy's parts should have been on the record, not Gilby's .. So even though Gilby technically is on a GnR record .. I don't count that as his being a band member due to the circumstances (fateful accident)

6 hours ago, PhillyRose said:

So true, I love Gilby and I even thought that if we can't have Iz on the reunion at least put Gilby in there instead of Fortus. After seeing videos of Fortus and Slash, I think they have a unique chemistry and  Fortus plays soooooooo much better than Gilby. Fortus is a technical player that's not supposed to match Slash's playing, but it actually works so fucking good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soon said:

Hate to be that guy, but I dont believe that Fortus was on Locked N Loaded. Its what launched the band, I guess maybe he wasnt in quite yet.

HNe8Tnsh.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/The-Dead-Daisies-Feat-Slash-Lock-N-Load/release/10960972

The use of that emoji does little to dispel any myths of being a lil' school girl :lol: (J/K)

The Psychedelic furs, had a couple of chart hits I believe

3 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I've liked Richard since he joined the band in 2002. First time hearing his guitar work on The Blues at the Toronto gig that year. Great musician.

I like his live play on KOHD at fed ex field in 16’, he really added something to that song, him and Slash both made that song magical( listened to it a lot while I was working) 👍

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

11 hours ago, PhillyRose said:

Because he was, pre nitl period, apart of the band during the highest and commercially successful period of the bands history. He was there to do a job, didnt get involved with izzy stouch and suited the bands style. His solo albums are enjoyable listening. If someone can point me to a fortus solo record happy to hear.....did fortus release a solo album..

• Like 3

12 hours ago, soon said:

HNe8Tnsh.jpg

Shame i did think 4tus did the acoustic and rhythm on lock n load. Oh well the other tracks he did with the daisies are still good. I really liked their first album with jon stevens on vocals. 

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Its Tino said:

What makes you think 4tus is cheaper than Gilby? For starters, no one outside of this forum would know who Gilby is!!! Second, Axl was actually willing to make new music with 4tus, and was unwilling to write with Gilby so I’d imagine 4tus would be paid more than Gilby. 

what makes you think anyone outside this forum knows who Fortus is!? The guy is 50 and outside Ax bands played villages in Germany with Nena playing 99 Luftbaloons night after night.

Gilb joined Gunners when they were on the top of the world, Fortus when they played 2300k capacity outside of London.

When Gilb was in the band they toured Illusions, while Fortus was in, Ax delivered - CD.

Maybe he would have been better off with Gilb :lol:    After all, Gilb did mention he was approached, while Fortus was in the band 'but things didn't work out'. Sounds like Iz issue.

9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Because he was, pre nitl period, apart of the band during the highest and commercially successful period of the bands history. He was there to do a job, didnt get involved with izzy stouch and suited the bands style. His solo albums are enjoyable listening. If someone can point me to a fortus solo record happy to hear.....did fortus release a solo album..

He was there for 2 years ... GnR was commercially successful in '91-'93 because of AXL & SLASH ... No one was going to see GILBY live ... Seriously it's kinda cringey to talk about Gilby the way people do here in relation to GnR ... He may have previously kinda sorta resembled IZZY but he's no IZZY 

• Like 2