New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

32 minutes ago, PhillyRose said:

He was there for 2 years ... GnR was commercially successful in '91-'93 because of AXL & SLASH ... No one was going to see GILBY live ... Seriously it's kinda cringey to talk about Gilby the way people do here in relation to GnR ... He may have previously kinda sorta resembled IZZY but he's no IZZY 

No Gilby, no tour. No Matt, no tour. Both were instrumental for their times, and i can't help but think some are not giving proper credit where it is due. That said, i do not think Gilby or Matt should replace Richard or Frank, because both are similarly good players and have contributed to the band in the studio and in concert for many years. Just as Gilby and Matt were perfect for the UYI era, Richard and Frank are perfect for the CD/NITL era.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

As long as we all agree that DJ(tm) holds the lowest place among everyone who's ever played with the band, we're good. 

A higher place than Cris "Judas" Pitman, or Paul "Yoko" Tobias  or Ron "Cry Baby Bumblefoot" Tahl?

The problem with Ashba is that he tried too hard to be a Slash emo version. Cut the guy some slack, would ya?

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

No Gilby, no tour. No Matt, no tour. Both were instrumental for their times, and i can't help but think some are not giving proper credit where it is due. That said, i do not think Gilby or Matt should replace Richard or Frank, because both are similarly good players and have contributed to the band in the studio and in concert for many years. Just as Gilby and Matt were perfect for the UYI era, Richard and Frank are perfect for the CD/NITL era.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way trying to underscore what Gilby contributed to the band, all I'm saying is I don't think it's fair to make Gilby out to be "more important" than Fortus because I think Fortus has done a lot more for the band.

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

For me I place the 1985-93 era on a pedestal so that even the most insignificant persona from that era holds a loftier position than the most significant of personnel that joined the band post-1993.    

That's a naive point of view. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The NITLT would no last for 2 years with Matt on board. His ego got too much after the VR era and he's acting like a Diva and that would be toxic.

8 minutes ago, PhillyRose said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way trying to underscore what Gilby contributed to the band, all I'm saying is I don't think it's fair to make Gilby out to be "more important" than Fortus because I think Fortus has done a lot more for the band.

Such as? Playing other peoples riffs and solos for nearly two decades? Hardly a major contribution by anyone's standards. Even Ron made a more significant contribution to GNR than that. At least he wrote a few of his own solos... doesn't Fortus's contribution to ChiDem consist of a 15 second guitar breakdown in the middle of Better?

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

That's a naive point of view. 

Regardless, it is my viewpoint. 

Just now, TKesseli said:

If it was the other way around, Fortus in 91 93 era and Gilby in the Chinese Democracy era, people would be screaming Fortus to comeback. It all nostalgia crap.

Maybe so, but then Fortus would have been a part of the band when it was this massive thing, like Beatlemania.

16 minutes ago, Legendador said:

A higher place than Cris "Judas" Pitman, or Paul "Yoko" Tobias  or Ron "Cry Baby Bumblefoot" Tahl?

The problem with Ashba is that he tried too hard to be a Slash emo version. Cut the guy some slack, would ya?

"Cry Baby Bumblefoot"?? Lol

And yeah DJ is absolutely the worst member in the history of GNR. His looks was the least of my worries with him. The complete inability to do GNR songs any juctice was always my biggest problem with him. 

28 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

And yeah DJ is absolutely the worst member in the history of GNR. His looks was the least of my worries with him. The complete inability to do GNR songs any juctice was always my biggest problem with him. 

to be totally fair at this point and with a little hindsight, it didn't really matter. the "Ashba era" of GNR was pretty much just endless touring on fumes, especially after the CD2/Remix Album proposal failure, sometimes around Fall 2011 at latest. 

yeah, DJ wasn't very impressive, but given the circumstances when the band must have known that they are doomed and sentenced to touring without any album release, I say - meh, you can hardly motivate someone to do their best, if they know they're fucked whatever they do.

Edited by zombux

Ashba was the worst. Then Pitman. :D

33 minutes ago, Legendador said:

The NITLT would no last for 2 years with Matt on board. His ego got too much after the VR era and he's acting like a Diva and that would be toxic.

I think this might be spot on. Maybe they didn't go with Matt because he would probably be not as diplomatic towards Axl and his people? I can totally see that as the reason Slash and Duff went with Axl's guy (Frank), just to keep the risk of something going wrong as minimal as possible.

• Like 1

Just now, El Guapo said:

I think this might be spot on. Maybe they didn't go with Matt because he would probably be not as diplomatic towards Axl and his people? I can totally see that as the reason Slash and Duff went with Axl's guy (Frank), just to keep the risk of something going wrong as minimal as possible.

No, Arlett said he wanted to be in the spotlights as much as Slash back in VR. That's why Matt was never going to happen.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Ashba isn't fit to lick the grease out of Bumblefoot's beard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

what makes you think anyone outside this forum knows who Fortus is!? The guy is 50 and outside Ax bands played villages in Germany with Nena playing 99 Luftbaloons night after night.

Gilb joined Gunners when they were on the top of the world, Fortus when they played 2300k capacity outside of London.

When Gilb was in the band they toured Illusions, while Fortus was in, Ax delivered - CD.

Maybe he would have been better off with Gilb :lol:    After all, Gilb did mention he was approached, while Fortus was in the band 'but things didn't work out'. Sounds like Iz issue.

No where in my argument did I say people would know Gilby over 4tus. Some people in those stadiums probably thought fortus was Izzy. And I bet some people thought Gilby was Izzy lol  

I think we sometimes forget that not everyone who likes GNR (or any other band for that matter) have followed and researched and followed the band like us. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I don't see how anyone could hate Ron. He's a super nice person from what I've heard

He complaints too much and he is a virtuoso, a great guitar player, but I think he doesn't fit to the GNR aura, he would be great for I don't knom: M3

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legendador said:

He complaints too much and he is a virtuoso, a great guitar player, but I think he doesn't fit to the GNR aura, he would be great for I don't knom: M3

What does he complain about? His band not releasing the music they created? 

“Complains too much” indicates a large body of complaints. Can you share 6-7 times he “complained” about band items?

He didn’t fit the GnR “aura”....but a pink haired rave girl as the 2nd keyboard player did? When you think of Guns N Roses, what comes to mind is a 2nd keyboard player, who has rainbow colored hair, who can’t say a sentence with using Rad and Lit.....that screams Guns N Roses to you?

As for Gilby and Matt and who is in GnR now. It seems more simple than some people are making it out to be. 

GnR was short a bass player and guitar player. Duff was available and Axl was perfectly comfortable using him. 

With Duff back and GnR still needing a guitar player....feelers were sent out if Slash would have any interest in coming back. 

And the rest is history. GnR didn’t need a drummer, they had one (Frank). 

It seems like Axl had zero interest in putting the old GnR back together. He didn’t want a GnR reunion. He had a band of soldiers that stood by his side for the last decade to 15 years or whatever it is. Why replace them for guys he didn’t feel had his back?

Axl had a group of musicians that he liked. And he had an opening for a bass player and guitar player. He made the most perfect choices he could make - Slash and Duff. 

And tried to throw Adler and Izzy a bone so they could be involved. It just didn’t work out. 

• Like 2