RussTCB

New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

Oh on the other hand...Axl said in the China Exchange that he definitely looks forward to releasing more music under the GNR name. 

Slash said he has listened to Axl vault, or at least some songs. 

Axl said in the last show they will take a new step now.

Richard said there will be a new album, and that it would be the only reason for them to tour again.

I think Alan Niven said Axl has been searching for his best songs in studio.

DON'T WORRY, WE'LL GET SOMETHING NEW

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2

53 minutes ago, Propaganda said:

The Smashing Pumpkins went on a reunion tour WITH an album that they have just RELEASED, and at least they gave something for the fans to chew on, and there's always hope for more new stuff because they don't take 10 years to come up with another album...

The record was released after the reunion dates. Now they are looking forward, with the reunion they were looking backward by only playing 90's songs. But Billy Corgan is the opposite of Axl Rose. He's been releasing music continuously since 1991. Next year there will be another solo record, another SP record, and a lot of archive stuff will be coming out, not only SP music, even Zwan outtakes might see the light of day.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, EvanG said:

The record was released after the reunion dates. Now they are looking forward, with the reunion they were looking backwards by only playing 90's songs. But Billy Corgan is the opposite of Axl Rose. He's been releasing music continuously since 1991. Next year there will be another solo record, another SP record, and a lot of archive stuff will be coming out, not only SP music, even Zwan outtakes might see the light of day.

Exactly! That's what I wanted to say. To me it can't be just the label's fault... there's gotta be something else. It's hard for me to imagine that the label would boycott any GNR Albums during a period of 20 years, after all... Chinese Democracy did come out! So that excuse doesn't stick! 

I mean this is just opinions, and we're entitled to our own opinions. I'm not passing judgement here, but wouldn't people be happy if they were artists, and wouldn't the thing that you would like the most be creating and releasing music ?!? Isn't your art what it's all about ?!? I just can't understand that...

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, shotsfired cro said:

tbh, I had it from day one. We waited, not all, some were not even born but are fans today, 23 years for this half assed reunion. they insulted each other back and forth, said never again, dissapointed us numerous times from that 17.7.'93., and what do we get!?

The three having most issues decide not to split money with the other guys, giving us some shirtless hired hand, some techno chick playing second keyboard, in a band that at first had no keyboard and eversame setlists with more and more and more covers by which at times you didn't know if this is cover band, Gunner cover band playing covers or a semi Gunner band playing Guns covers.

Least they could have done return with Iz/Gilby and Sorum minus chick and Fortus. This is shit. For the UYI line up I was ready to travel world, for this I refused to pay a single cent, furthermore, I downloaded just the first Vegas gig, I didn't even bother watchin Rio 2017 or any other PRO shots and I do have entire 86-93 live catalogue.

Fuck them! If its just a money grab, fuck them. Was Fortus cheaper than Gilby? Obviously.  If they spared money on Iz, was i so hard to pay Sorum instead of Ferrer fucking up every single show? Obviously!  Fuck them! Hope they suffocate in all that money listening to the originals they play covers from. 

What makes you think 4tus is cheaper than Gilby? For starters, no one outside of this forum would know who Gilby is!!! Second, Axl was actually willing to make new music with 4tus, and was unwilling to write with Gilby so I’d imagine 4tus would be paid more than Gilby. 

It's sad, but nothing excites me at this point unless Axl manages to get a least some of his voice back. A new album might make him do that, but at this point I'm doubtful.

1 hour ago, Pedrolg said:

It's sad, but nothing excites me at this point unless Axl manages to get a least some of his voice back. A new album might make him do that, but at this point I'm doubtful.

With the technology in recording software, it would be hard to make Axl sound bad!

Heck, I can't sing but I can make myself sound okay just by manipulating the vocals and doing some overdubbing 

2 hours ago, Its Tino said:

What makes you think 4tus is cheaper than Gilby? For starters, no one outside of this forum would know who Gilby is!!! Second, Axl was actually willing to make new music with 4tus, and was unwilling to write with Gilby so I’d imagine 4tus would be paid more than Gilby. 

I guarantee there are millions of Gn'R fans worldwide that don't post on the forum that know who Gilby is. The majority of Guns fans or fans from the classic era do not post in forums.

2 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

IIRC, Axl is huge on loyalty. I can't imagine he'd cast aside Fortus so easily after 16 years 

That is a damn shame. He should get over it for the better of the band. 

2 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

He should be able to pull it off in the studio. He still has his moments and knows when he is feeling it and can just record then. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, PhillyRose said:

What is with people on this forum with their "Gilby back" obsession ... The dude was a touring musician at a very desperate time for the band ... His recordings on Spaghetti is a fateful accident ... He was NEVER a Gunner & his 2 1/2 years with the band is nothing compared to Fortus's SIXTEEN 

Amen. Gilby seems to be a really nice guy. But... Come on... 

32 minutes ago, PhillyRose said:

What is with people on this forum with their "Gilby back" obsession ... The dude was a touring musician at a very desperate time for the band ... His recordings on Spaghetti is a fateful accident ... He was NEVER a Gunner & his 2 1/2 years with the band is nothing compared to Fortus's SIXTEEN 

I think Gilby being in the band at the height of their success has something to do with it. Plus its not like Guns were active for most of Fortus' tenure.

Gilby kicked ass in Snakepit and on Pawn Shop. The same cant be said for Fortus, who kicked ass on Iglesias' album.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PhillyRose said:

I agree with everything except for the part of his recordings on the Spaghetti Incident. That album is extremely underrated. I often find myself listening to Buick McKane, Human Being, Raw Power, Since I don't Have You, Ain't it Fun, New Rose and Down on the farm more than anything on the Original Albums. The production of that album is perfect as well, for a band like Guns N'Roses.

I guess I secretly wished the band had gone to that Punk Rock direction and recorded something themselves of that kind. It would have been a blast.

Edited by Propaganda
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, soon said:

I think Gilby being in the band at the height of their success has something to do with it. Plus its not like Guns were active for most of Fortus' tenure.

Gilby kicked ass in Snakepit and on Pawn Shop. The same cant be said for Fortus, who kicked ass on Iglesias' album.

Disagee. Fortus was greatand kicked ass with the dead daisies first record. Have a listen. If he can bring this to a gnr record Im not worried

and with slash 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, soon said:

‘Don’t forget ‘Pretty in Pink’ I know I’m a lil’school girl 👧 

Give that song a listen, actually has a cool hook

20 minutes ago, vloors said:

Disagee. Fortus was greatand kicked ass with the dead daisies first record. Have a listen. If he can bring this to a gnr record Im not worried

and with slash 

Dead Daisy's insn't really my thing, but I did enjoy Washington just now.

Hate to be that guy, but I dont believe that Fortus was on Locked N Loaded. Its what launched the band, I guess maybe he wasnt in quite yet.

HNe8Tnsh.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/The-Dead-Daisies-Feat-Slash-Lock-N-Load/release/10960972

14 minutes ago, tony adler said:

‘Don’t forget ‘Pretty in Pink’ I know I’m a lil’school girl 👧 

Give that song a listen, actually has a cool hook

The use of that emoji does little to dispel any myths of being a lil' school girl :lol: (J/K)

I dont recognize those titles, what band is it?

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

My drummer didn't know about the reunion until a couple months ago.

See!  Whatever GNR does, must be promoted big time so everyone knows what's coming up!

Maybe there are 2 or 3 people who don't go on the internet! I guess it's possible. lol

My god, you guys never listened to "Revolucion" by Dead Daisies? Is one of the most kick-ass rock album that I've ever heard and it has Richard on lead guitar. You should give it a listen like right now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I read your post a couple and times and the only way I can think to reply is by re-posting what I said in the first place:

Russ, All I can say is mindset. Not saying I disagree with you either. For the most part I agree.

1 hour ago, itsprettytiedup said:

My god, you guys never listened to "Revolucion" by Dead Daisies? Is one of the most kick-ass rock album that I've ever heard and it has Richard on lead guitar. You should give it a listen like right now.

I really hope that 4tus gets back to the daisies at some point, his riffs and lead work are great and the whole band is full of energy!

5 hours ago, Propaganda said:

I agree with everything except for the part of his recordings on the Spaghetti Incident. That album is extremely underrated. I often find myself listening to Buick McKane, Human Being, Raw Power, Since I don't Have You, Ain't it Fun, New Rose and Down on the farm more than anything on the Original Albums. The production of that album is perfect as well, for a band like Guns N'Roses.

I guess I secretly wished the band had gone to that Punk Rock direction and recorded something themselves of that kind. It would have been a blast.

I LOVE Spaghetti .. What I meant by my comment was that Izzy's parts should have been on the record, not Gilby's .. So even though Gilby technically is on a GnR record .. I don't count that as his being a band member due to the circumstances (fateful accident)

6 hours ago, PhillyRose said:

So true, I love Gilby and I even thought that if we can't have Iz on the reunion at least put Gilby in there instead of Fortus. After seeing videos of Fortus and Slash, I think they have a unique chemistry and  Fortus plays soooooooo much better than Gilby. Fortus is a technical player that's not supposed to match Slash's playing, but it actually works so fucking good.

• Like 1

I've liked Richard since he joined the band in 2002. First time hearing his guitar work on The Blues at the Toronto gig that year. Great musician.

5 hours ago, soon said:

Dead Daisy's insn't really my thing, but I did enjoy Washington just now.

Hate to be that guy, but I dont believe that Fortus was on Locked N Loaded. Its what launched the band, I guess maybe he wasnt in quite yet.

HNe8Tnsh.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/The-Dead-Daisies-Feat-Slash-Lock-N-Load/release/10960972

The use of that emoji does little to dispel any myths of being a lil' school girl :lol: (J/K)

I dont recognize those titles, what band is it?

The Psychedelic furs, had a couple of chart hits I believe