RussTCB

New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

3 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I've liked Richard since he joined the band in 2002. First time hearing his guitar work on The Blues at the Toronto gig that year. Great musician.

I like his live play on KOHD at fed ex field in 16’, he really added something to that song, him and Slash both made that song magical( listened to it a lot while I was working) 👍

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Nothing will happen. It's all rumors and BS. There's still a deep distrust that will take years to subside. We're talking Axl time. Nothing wrong with that imo after what happened before. Playing old stuff and getting along again is easy.. trust takes a while.

1 hour ago, Route66 said:

There's still a deep distrust that will take years to subside. 

Says who?

11 hours ago, PhillyRose said:

What is with people on this forum with their "Gilby back" obsession ... The dude was a touring musician at a very desperate time for the band ... His recordings on Spaghetti is a fateful accident ... He was NEVER a Gunner & his 2 1/2 years with the band is nothing compared to Fortus's SIXTEEN 

Because he was, pre nitl period, apart of the band during the highest and commercially successful period of the bands history. He was there to do a job, didnt get involved with izzy stouch and suited the bands style. His solo albums are enjoyable listening. If someone can point me to a fortus solo record happy to hear.....did fortus release a solo album..

• Like 3

12 hours ago, soon said:

Dead Daisy's insn't really my thing, but I did enjoy Washington just now.

Hate to be that guy, but I dont believe that Fortus was on Locked N Loaded. Its what launched the band, I guess maybe he wasnt in quite yet.

HNe8Tnsh.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/The-Dead-Daisies-Feat-Slash-Lock-N-Load/release/10960972

The use of that emoji does little to dispel any myths of being a lil' school girl :lol: (J/K)

I dont recognize those titles, what band is it?

Shame i did think 4tus did the acoustic and rhythm on lock n load. Oh well the other tracks he did with the daisies are still good. I really liked their first album with jon stevens on vocals. 

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Its Tino said:

What makes you think 4tus is cheaper than Gilby? For starters, no one outside of this forum would know who Gilby is!!! Second, Axl was actually willing to make new music with 4tus, and was unwilling to write with Gilby so I’d imagine 4tus would be paid more than Gilby. 

what makes you think anyone outside this forum knows who Fortus is!? The guy is 50 and outside Ax bands played villages in Germany with Nena playing 99 Luftbaloons night after night.

Gilb joined Gunners when they were on the top of the world, Fortus when they played 2300k capacity outside of London.

When Gilb was in the band they toured Illusions, while Fortus was in, Ax delivered - CD.

Maybe he would have been better off with Gilb :lol:    After all, Gilb did mention he was approached, while Fortus was in the band 'but things didn't work out'. Sounds like Iz issue.

9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Because he was, pre nitl period, apart of the band during the highest and commercially successful period of the bands history. He was there to do a job, didnt get involved with izzy stouch and suited the bands style. His solo albums are enjoyable listening. If someone can point me to a fortus solo record happy to hear.....did fortus release a solo album..

He was there for 2 years ... GnR was commercially successful in '91-'93 because of AXL & SLASH ... No one was going to see GILBY live ... Seriously it's kinda cringey to talk about Gilby the way people do here in relation to GnR ... He may have previously kinda sorta resembled IZZY but he's no IZZY 

• Like 2

There's definitely something coming up - no way Axl is wasting the opportunity to make a shit load more money out of the Slash and Duff collaboration. 

32 minutes ago, PhillyRose said:

He was there for 2 years ... GnR was commercially successful in '91-'93 because of AXL & SLASH ... No one was going to see GILBY live ... Seriously it's kinda cringey to talk about Gilby the way people do here in relation to GnR ... He may have previously kinda sorta resembled IZZY but he's no IZZY 

No Gilby, no tour. No Matt, no tour. Both were instrumental for their times, and i can't help but think some are not giving proper credit where it is due. That said, i do not think Gilby or Matt should replace Richard or Frank, because both are similarly good players and have contributed to the band in the studio and in concert for many years. Just as Gilby and Matt were perfect for the UYI era, Richard and Frank are perfect for the CD/NITL era.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

As long as we all agree that DJ(tm) holds the lowest place among everyone who's ever played with the band, we're good. 

A higher place than Cris "Judas" Pitman, or Paul "Yoko" Tobias  or Ron "Cry Baby Bumblefoot" Tahl?

The problem with Ashba is that he tried too hard to be a Slash emo version. Cut the guy some slack, would ya?

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

No Gilby, no tour. No Matt, no tour. Both were instrumental for their times, and i can't help but think some are not giving proper credit where it is due. That said, i do not think Gilby or Matt should replace Richard or Frank, because both are similarly good players and have contributed to the band in the studio and in concert for many years. Just as Gilby and Matt were perfect for the UYI era, Richard and Frank are perfect for the CD/NITL era.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way trying to underscore what Gilby contributed to the band, all I'm saying is I don't think it's fair to make Gilby out to be "more important" than Fortus because I think Fortus has done a lot more for the band.

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

For me I place the 1985-93 era on a pedestal so that even the most insignificant persona from that era holds a loftier position than the most significant of personnel that joined the band post-1993.    

That's a naive point of view. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

The NITLT would no last for 2 years with Matt on board. His ego got too much after the VR era and he's acting like a Diva and that would be toxic.

8 minutes ago, PhillyRose said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in any way trying to underscore what Gilby contributed to the band, all I'm saying is I don't think it's fair to make Gilby out to be "more important" than Fortus because I think Fortus has done a lot more for the band.

Such as? Playing other peoples riffs and solos for nearly two decades? Hardly a major contribution by anyone's standards. Even Ron made a more significant contribution to GNR than that. At least he wrote a few of his own solos... doesn't Fortus's contribution to ChiDem consist of a 15 second guitar breakdown in the middle of Better?

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

That's a naive point of view. 

Regardless, it is my viewpoint. 

Just now, TKesseli said:

If it was the other way around, Fortus in 91 93 era and Gilby in the Chinese Democracy era, people would be screaming Fortus to comeback. It all nostalgia crap.

Maybe so, but then Fortus would have been a part of the band when it was this massive thing, like Beatlemania.

16 minutes ago, Legendador said:

A higher place than Cris "Judas" Pitman, or Paul "Yoko" Tobias  or Ron "Cry Baby Bumblefoot" Tahl?

The problem with Ashba is that he tried too hard to be a Slash emo version. Cut the guy some slack, would ya?

"Cry Baby Bumblefoot"?? Lol

And yeah DJ is absolutely the worst member in the history of GNR. His looks was the least of my worries with him. The complete inability to do GNR songs any juctice was always my biggest problem with him. 

28 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

And yeah DJ is absolutely the worst member in the history of GNR. His looks was the least of my worries with him. The complete inability to do GNR songs any juctice was always my biggest problem with him. 

to be totally fair at this point and with a little hindsight, it didn't really matter. the "Ashba era" of GNR was pretty much just endless touring on fumes, especially after the CD2/Remix Album proposal failure, sometimes around Fall 2011 at latest. 

yeah, DJ wasn't very impressive, but given the circumstances when the band must have known that they are doomed and sentenced to touring without any album release, I say - meh, you can hardly motivate someone to do their best, if they know they're fucked whatever they do.

Edited by zombux

I wonder if Axl would have Melissa redo Pitmans parts on the Chinese leftovers? And if so, would that just be hitting erase and then re-upping all the pads, samples, triggers, techno business? Or would she create her own parts?

Ashba was the worst. Then Pitman. :D

33 minutes ago, Legendador said:

The NITLT would no last for 2 years with Matt on board. His ego got too much after the VR era and he's acting like a Diva and that would be toxic.

I think this might be spot on. Maybe they didn't go with Matt because he would probably be not as diplomatic towards Axl and his people? I can totally see that as the reason Slash and Duff went with Axl's guy (Frank), just to keep the risk of something going wrong as minimal as possible.

• Like 1

Just now, El Guapo said:

I think this might be spot on. Maybe they didn't go with Matt because he would probably be not as diplomatic towards Axl and his people? I can totally see that as the reason Slash and Duff went with Axl's guy (Frank), just to keep the risk of something going wrong as minimal as possible.

No, Arlett said he wanted to be in the spotlights as much as Slash back in VR. That's why Matt was never going to happen.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Legendador said:

Ashba isn't fit to lick the grease out of Bumblefoot's beard.

• Like 2