New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

25 minutes ago, default_ said:

I have no doubt they're all great people, I just dont think they fit GNR, specially Bbf. 

I didn't follow the band closely at all  when he was in it but from the posts I would see on here from time to time he seemed to come off as whiny or a victim. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I didn't follow the band closely at all  when he was in it but from the posts I would see on here from time to time he seemed to come off as whiny or a victim. 

but it came from a place of a will to create and respect the fans, he overshares but it's not without valid reasons at the time. he didn't understand the late starting times and not releasing albums in a timely manner.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

but it came from a place of a will to create and respect the fans, he overshares but it's not without valid reasons at the time. he didn't understand the late starting times and not releasing albums in a timely manner.

Like any normal musician woud ;)

I like him, he seems sweet 

7 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

First song here is IM's Wasted years... 

Don't mind the Hello Kitty guitar... 

Damn, he sounds better than I thought he would. From why I’ve heard he seems like a decent guy, I just couldn’t like him when Slash wasn’t in the band, but now that he’s back I can look at BBF with an unbiased view. I recently got into Dream Theater, and after hearing his vocals, he could easily sing some of those tracks. Cool to know he joined up with former memebers of Dream Theater.

30 minutes ago, Edward Nygma said:

How long until things fall into place regarding the next release? How long will we be waiting? Anybody optimistic that this year could see the release?

I'm not.

I honestly can't see an album happening at all, let alone in 2019.

Would love to be suprised, though.

Edited by F*ck Fear
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm not.

I honestly can't see an album happening at all, let alone in 2019.

Would love to be suprised, though.

Same here. I just get the sense that with all of Guns activity since reuniting I don't think they went that much water to go under the bridge before putting out another record. I'm not sure how far along the record is though, is it older material with new players or is it a fresh slate..who knows!

• Like 1

On 10.1.2019 at 1:14 PM, F*ck Fear said:

If I were to guess at what a possible album would be like, I would say mostly Chinese Leftovers with Slash and Duff having added their take, and maybe a few new songs.

It is by far the most likely scenario and in my opinion it's also the best scenario, cause that's the only possible way we could ever get a new release in a somewhat reasonable time. There's no way in hell Axl would release an album full of brand new material within 5 years. The only way we could get a new record within 5 years is IF it's mostly CD era material with the input of Slash and Duff of course.

I'm a fan of CD, so I don't mind that at all though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

It is by far the most likely scenario and in my opinion it's also the best scenario, cause that's the only possible way we could ever get a new release in a somewhat reasonable time. There's no way in hell Axl would release an album full of brand new material within 5 years. The only way we could get a new record within 5 years is IF it's mostly CD era material with the input of Slash and Duff of course.

I'm a fan of CD, so I don't mind that at all though.

I'm not going to lie, I'll take whatever I can get regarding 'new' material, but part of me wants to hear the Chinese stuff the way it was meant to be.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

On 10/01/2019 at 9:31 PM, Edward Nygma said:

How long until things fall into place regarding the next release? How long will we be waiting? Anybody optimistic that this year could see the release?

Slash tour finishes in july and i cant understand what the others are going to be doing or passing the time for another 6 months. Theres no tour advertised and slash isnt one to sit idle. I think if anything happens will be by november. Slash could record parts on the road but i think if the band work on an album they will be in the studio together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

I'm not going to lie, I'll take whatever I can get regarding 'new' material, but part of me wants to hear the Chinese stuff the way it was meant to be.

Sure, I'd like to hear it too, but mostly out of curiosity. In the end Slash is still my favorite living guitarist, even if his solo material doesn't do much for me. Neither does Buckethead's or Bumblefoot's solomaterial for that matter. But Axl tends to get the best out of the guitarists he works with so I'm sure as hell excited to hear Axl's and Slash's collaborations again. I'm sure that on the next album we'll hear Slash's best guitar solos since the UYI records.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Id be fine with whatever they put out. Just release stuff and move on to the next chapter. 

• Like 1