New GN'R Release Coming In 2019? **RUMOR THREAD**

I have no doubt Axl, Slash and Duff will put out an album with the rest of the guys, but I know that is still a bit down the road.

I was really hoping for a live album or blu ray to commeneate the tour and now I'm starting to feel it won't happen and it is making me feel disappointed...

Stupid rumors and hype 😞😞

On 2019-01-15 at 12:41 PM, F*ck Fear said:

I'm not going to lie, I'll take whatever I can get regarding 'new' material, but part of me wants to hear the Chinese stuff the way it was meant to be.

We just have to hope that one day they will release a Chinese box with all the different versions out there. 

My favorite scenario would be that they release Chinese stuff without any additions from Slahs and Duff, and then they tour behind it. 

whatever we may prefer, if they release something, it's all good. it's not gonna suck with Slash, Axl, and Duff on anything they agree is good imo. I think Axl has the talent to pick the right parts to use on the right tunes that will make it Gn'R no matter what so that's good enough for me.

plus the 3 of them share a powerful musical chemistry and I think it means whatever they create together has more chance of being great. they balance one another naturally musically.

but yeah, the original CD ll with Robin, Bucket, and Brain would be great to hear on a box set one day. It will also be great to hear Slash and Duff fuckin' raping Axl material and vice versa on another Guns album and then Bucket emerges from time to time and suddenly there's an SRV styled solo that is played by a freak of nature.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

here is my take:  in the pre napster days (80/90's) bands released albums which they sold for $15-20 a cd and that is where they made most of their money.  The tour was a way to promote their album and therefore increase album sales.  They made money on tours, but this wasnt the big revenue driver.  The business model has completely switched, these days band release albums so they can tour/have a reason to tour, and they make their money on the tours/ticket sales/merch since they make next to nothing on album sales with Spotify and ways to get the music for free/next to nothing. 

Guns dont need a new album in order to tour and fill arena's and sometimes stadiums.  An album, while diehards will love it, will have almost a 100% probability of being slammed by the press when its compared to AFD (one of the greatest albums of all time) and UYI.  So unless they are confident they have something that can stand next to AFD, there really is no incentive to release music and get your balls kicked in by the media and general public. 

The hype around a new album will be insane and expectation will be unreachable.  Even if they release a solid album, they arent going to sell more tickets to shows and they will not make any money from the actual album.  At the end of the day, the general public wants to see and hear the old hits live and if they take a year off and start a 30yr UYI tour as a reason to go out, they will still sell out arena's and make a shit ton of money and not have the negativity surrounding the new album hanging over their heads.  If I were them personally, I would not release anything, because why risk it, why give yourself a new headache, just keep touring, people will keep coming as has been proven by endless tours without new music for the past 18 yrs.

Our best shot at new music is that Slash cant sit idle and will keep writing, so if Axl feels inspired and wants to take that risk and jump on the bandwagon we might have something, otherwise Slash will just keep writing for SMKC, touring with SMKC and going out with GNR every few years for a swing around the globe.

6 minutes ago, Creed said:

So, you think Axl won't release it until he is dead ? Possible. Axl should sell the double album for the highest bid. 

he wouldn't release anything, as he would be dead.  But his estate/gnr management/record company will most likely release stuff after his passing if there is 1)stuff to release  2) the public cares.  Axl being dead is a morbid thought, he is only in his mid 50's, and unless he has a drug problem or gets ill, there is no reason why he wont live well into his 80's/90's.  So if no music is released at all, will the general public still care that much in 40+ years?

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:37 PM, jekylhyde said:

Matter of taste. I for one like him. There might a few things he could be a bit more subtle about, but overall he, in my opinion, fits Guns really well. To my ears he and Slash play great together and mesh.

I liked DJ's playing. I thought it was amazing, but there's no replacing Slash

If GNR releases new material it would be just GREAT!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I liked DJ's playing. I thought it was amazing, but there's no replacing Slash

If GNR releases new material it would be just GREAT!

3 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I really have to ask why you thought ashba was amazing?. 

No offensive to either of you but this thread has already been derailed many times. If you happen to want to discuss the pro's and con's of DJ in GN'R again, please just start a thread in the Civil War section to do so. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

No offensive to either of you but this thread has already been derailed many times. If you happen to want to discuss the pro's and con's of DJ in GN'R again, please just start a thread in the Civil War section to do so. Thanks!

Its hard russ not to derail a thread when someone brings up ashba. But im fine not to talk about it. Carry on.....

• Like 2

So the idear is that this interview was made in Paris so...(Download ?) . Hope the French journalist translate weel what Slash said because he said that he and Axl have the best relationship they ever had. He said they want all want to be again (NITL band) to work on a new album. for the fan but also for them.

here it it a traduction of a traduction of French bad translator !!!

Edited by AxlSlashthebest
  • Thanks 1

My quick translation of the only part we care about:

Will there be a new Guns N' Roses album?
I have to be really careful with what I say because when people quote me, it's not always my words. We're having fun with Guns, we're working well together. I never got along so well with Axl. When the tour is over, we'll want to meet. It's the next step. That's what we all want. It will make people happy but we'll do it firstly for ourselves.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

I have to be really careful with what I say because when people quote me, it's not always my words. We're having fun with Guns, we're working well together. I never got along so well with Axl. When the tour is over, we'll want to meet. It's the next step. That's what we all want. It will make people happy but we'll do it firstly for ourselves.

they need to do it right, so there is no destructive conflicts personally and also take the time to write and record the album and than to promote it in the right way. so I believe they're being careful to not commit to anything and give false hope but they're gonna probably get to it, enter the studio and give it a try. Axl's priorities and pace of action isn't something that is accepted by a lot of fans it seems but that's still the same, he'll do it when he feels like it and in his own way imo. Slash and Duff can only start the real process when Axl fires the starting gun

Edited by Rovim

10 hours ago, Nalbi said:

" never got along so well with Axl", im not sure whether he should have mentioned hat......